Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goldhawk Road 11:49 - Jun 26 with 1141 viewshoopstilidie

Bit of a longshot but would anybody have any old photos of Goldhawk Rd from the late 1880s up to around 1901?
Specifically covering numbers 29 and the rear of 39.

Been researching my family tree and my great great grandfather was initially a coachman and then on to being a "sick horse attendant" at these addresses and would really appreciate any help with some photos of the area to flesh it out a little.

Fascinating bloke, ended up volunteering for the Canadian Over-seas Expeditionary Force in 1916 at the age of 61, leaving behind his son, my great grandfather, who was the canal keeper at Park Royal and managed the changing rooms for a certain local football team whilst his wife ran the Plumes Hotel and took the minutes for the meetings for the same club

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Goldhawk Road on 14:06 - Jun 26 with 1067 viewsTacticalR

Can't help you, but we lived in the Melville Court flats on Goldhawk Road in the 1960s, although I was too young then to remember much about them.

Air hostess clique

Goldhawk Road on 17:44 - Jun 26 with 974 viewshoopstilidie

Would anybody know if there is somebody at H&F council that can be contacted about heritage stuff like that? Have had a bit of a look but can't find anything.

Goldhawk Road on 18:34 - Jun 26 with 929 viewsMode

Goldhawk Road on 17:44 - Jun 26 by hoopstilidie

Would anybody know if there is somebody at H&F council that can be contacted about heritage stuff like that? Have had a bit of a look but can't find anything.

I went to this place a couple of years back and they do have some photos etc of the local area. At the time you could just turn up but it looks like you need to book an appointment now so best check if they have what you are looking for.

Ground Floor
The Lilla Huset
191 Talgarth Road
Hammersmith
W6 8BJ

http://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Directory/Leisure_and_Culture/Libraries/Archives/17430_Ar

Best of luck mate
Goldhawk Road on 18:39 - Jun 26 with 921 viewshoopstilidie

Goldhawk Road on 18:34 - Jun 26 by Mode

I went to this place a couple of years back and they do have some photos etc of the local area. At the time you could just turn up but it looks like you need to book an appointment now so best check if they have what you are looking for.

Ground Floor
The Lilla Huset
191 Talgarth Road
Hammersmith
W6 8BJ

http://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Directory/Leisure_and_Culture/Libraries/Archives/17430_Ar

Best of luck mate

That's great, thanks very much, I will look into that.

Goldhawk Road on 19:06 - Jun 26 with 900 viewslongbottom

Hoops.....you should be able to pick up books like Shepherds Bush in old photograph's, or a similar publication. Got my old mum one for Acton last Christmas, cost about 6 or 7 quid. Try Amazon.
Goldhawk Road on 19:18 - Jun 26 with 877 viewshoopstilidie

Goldhawk Road on 19:06 - Jun 26 by longbottom

Hoops.....you should be able to pick up books like Shepherds Bush in old photograph's, or a similar publication. Got my old mum one for Acton last Christmas, cost about 6 or 7 quid. Try Amazon.

Great shout, I'll look for that.

Goldhawk Road on 19:24 - Jun 26 with 868 viewsRamseyR

Try memoriespostcards.co.uk
Ask for Clive
Probably one of the biggest collections of topographical postcards in the uk

Used to have a shop in Hendon..but not sure if still there

If anyone can help..he can
Goldhawk Road on 19:29 - Jun 26 with 860 viewshoopstilidie

Goldhawk Road on 19:24 - Jun 26 by RamseyR

Try memoriespostcards.co.uk