Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hate the premier league 17:26 - Dec 26 with 5234 viewstheselector

Almost non stop misery since promotion. We've got the wrong ideology for a club our size but i fear TF just doesn't understand this.
I hate the premier league on 15:11 - Dec 28 with 704 viewstheselector

I don't really hate the Premier League - I was a bit depressed when I posted. I do have a problem seeing our performances week in week out although I'd rather be in the Premier than not.

It's the ideology of the club that's the problem (as discussed in other posts) and I'm still not sure if the penny's dropped for TF yet. Global branding is fine - if you're relatively successful, but you're not gonna gain too many new fans in Asia if you're bottom of the league, no matter how many planes are painted in your colours.

That's why we need to adopt the strategy we had when we were last a stable top flight club - buy a mixture of established pros and up-and-coming players from the lower leagues (and sell on if necessary for a bit of profit).

It's only after establishing ourselves that we can grow the club.

Tony, are you listening?
I hate the premier league on 20:17 - Dec 28 with 673 viewsqprmick

I hate the premier league on 15:11 - Dec 28 by theselector

I don't really hate the Premier League - I was a bit depressed when I posted. I do have a problem seeing our performances week in week out although I'd rather be in the Premier than not.

It's the ideology of the club that's the problem (as discussed in other posts) and I'm still not sure if the penny's dropped for TF yet. Global branding is fine - if you're relatively successful, but you're not gonna gain too many new fans in Asia if you're bottom of the league, no matter how many planes are painted in your colours.

That's why we need to adopt the strategy we had when we were last a stable top flight club - buy a mixture of established pros and up-and-coming players from the lower leagues (and sell on if necessary for a bit of profit).

It's only after establishing ourselves that we can grow the club.

Tony, are you listening?

We have the established pros, the use of the work pros is probably the wrong word. Where do we buy real professionals?

Qprmick

I hate the premier league on 22:57 - Dec 28 with 643 viewsShotKneesHoop

There's a thread on today's board with a video about Stan missing a penalty in 1975 /6 season and we still beat Man Utd 1 -0. 29,000 in the ground, 80% standing, clips of kids climbing over 20 foot high fences to get in - not get out. Mick Leach running his arse off, Dave Thomas skinning the Utd backs.

That's what I miss. It's bloody hard identifying with this lot.

The Selector is right - we are a club who should rely on teamwork from players who want to play for the hoops. TF is doing as much damage to the club as Tango Man and the Poisoned Dwarf did, by throwing money about to chancers.

In the end, it's always the fans that pay. Ask Blackburn, Forest and some others.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

I hate the premier league on 22:57 - Dec 28 with 642 viewsFearless

Reading away the season before the rout kedge 0-1, I was interviewed by what I believed to be "the four year plan" guys about our ambitions to be premier league/Europe etc.

I expressed my distaste for the PL, the dislike of games and ko's being moved constantly, the player power, the sheer mercenary state of players et
(Nb: a lot less coherently, as had been on the beer for hours)

Some fans around me said "spot on" others said "you're mental" - in the morning, I reall hoped my "interview" would land on the cutting room floor.

Then: Warnock (who I hated pre R's, but felt we needed); Taaarabt; Faurlin; Kenny; Helgy; Hill; Derry etc and the best ever season in my opinion.

So, the next season: back to all the grounds I'd been to ( plus Emirates and Eastlands) - dodgy days, strange Ko's, expensive seats etc - plus some great moments ( Everton away, Liverpool/stoke/spurs etc at home)

And a huge change in our team : Barton, Ferdinand and on and on.

I still sit with about 20 blokes I've sat with for 20+ years - I still go all home games, but this year I've missed Newcastle, nufc, mufc, man city etc away.

I'm not going to Chelsea - I can afford it, I can make it (despite 1st day back at work) but feel I can't be bothered (and nether can Boswinga at £65k per week allegedly)

Anyway, been drinking (again) on tube home, killing time, typing crap, but I wish I'd fulfilled my promise to myself to never watch rangers again post Leeds at home!

See you Monday :)
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024