Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin and the rest... 02:09 - Dec 31 with 1158 viewsTheBlob

Doesn't bode well for the future.

"the subs are not playing because they’re no good. If they were any good, I’d be picking them."

There's going to be a purge of Soviet proportions methinks.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Faurlin and the rest... on 02:14 - Dec 31 with 1140 viewsMelakaRanger

Indeed there will be

And indeed there should be
Faurlin and the rest... on 02:16 - Dec 31 with 1135 viewscoolranger

Harry shoots from the hip very often. He's pulling no punches, We have a split squad - those on relatively modest contracts and in many cases with modest ability, and those "Big Names" who are on big contracts but in most cases have failed woefully to justify their earnings.

It is a very sad state of affairs, and I wonder how some of these guys can look themselves in the mirror at times and honestly justify what they are taking from our club. If I was on £65K per week I'd run through a brick wall if that was asked of me, wouldn't even question it.
Faurlin and the rest... on 02:26 - Dec 31 with 1113 viewsPommyhoop

Faurlin and the rest... on 02:14 - Dec 31 by MelakaRanger

Indeed there will be

And indeed there should be

Depends who he clears out and who he gets in.If he swaps Faurlin for Parker or even little Nef Frankie boy I'd be gutted.
H was having a pop at our wage bill and mercenaries etc.You have a look at our wage bill and the average age of his signings at the end of January.
Kettle and Pot I recon..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Faurlin and the rest... on 02:26 - Dec 31 with 1111 viewsRs_Holy

Faurlin and the rest... on 02:16 - Dec 31 by coolranger

Harry shoots from the hip very often. He's pulling no punches, We have a split squad - those on relatively modest contracts and in many cases with modest ability, and those "Big Names" who are on big contracts but in most cases have failed woefully to justify their earnings.

It is a very sad state of affairs, and I wonder how some of these guys can look themselves in the mirror at times and honestly justify what they are taking from our club. If I was on £65K per week I'd run through a brick wall if that was asked of me, wouldn't even question it.

It is obvious that most do not give a monkeys about the club.
We have a bunch of players who, when they cross the white line, go into a shell and decide that it's easier to jog around and not mark anyone or make space or try and win a header etc etc ...the list goes on.
They probably look enviously at Bosingwa because he is doing even less than them for his incredibly huge salary.
Very very sad ... They should be ashamed but we all know they are not!
Faurlin and the rest... on 02:29 - Dec 31 with 1105 viewsSharpy

Why would you run through a brick wall for 65 grand when you had no need to, asked or not ?

The bloke in question has played at the top.Got fcuk all to prove to me you or anyone.Good luck to him.Look to the fcuking idiots that gave him the contract in the first place.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Faurlin and the rest... on 02:35 - Dec 31 with 1098 viewsPommyhoop

Faurlin and the rest... on 02:29 - Dec 31 by Sharpy

Why would you run through a brick wall for 65 grand when you had no need to, asked or not ?

The bloke in question has played at the top.Got fcuk all to prove to me you or anyone.Good luck to him.Look to the fcuking idiots that gave him the contract in the first place.

Agreed.You'd think after Park and Boswinga you'd learn DONT EVER sign over 30 European Cup winners.The clubs that won that European Cup has let them go for a reason..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Faurlin and the rest... on 08:12 - Dec 31 with 919 viewsDANRANGER

The money has taken away their desire its as simple as that. They've got the big contract they wanted and it makes no difference to them how hard they work as they get paid the same. They are only under pressure when we play as we are a small club and they won't be hounded like a poor player at a big club. They've got it made!!! Harry can sell anyone of them I wouldn't care, just want a team willing to fight for each other and give their all for the club. Very worrying times and when relegated we will not be back soon, but then not sure I care if we are in the pl.
Faurlin and the rest... on 08:59 - Dec 31 with 808 viewschris1969

Faurlin and the rest... on 08:12 - Dec 31 by DANRANGER

The money has taken away their desire its as simple as that. They've got the big contract they wanted and it makes no difference to them how hard they work as they get paid the same. They are only under pressure when we play as we are a small club and they won't be hounded like a poor player at a big club. They've got it made!!! Harry can sell anyone of them I wouldn't care, just want a team willing to fight for each other and give their all for the club. Very worrying times and when relegated we will not be back soon, but then not sure I care if we are in the pl.

Not sure what harry was trying to prove but at 3-0 you would expect Faurlin and Hoilett to come on ahead of Fabio and Derry.

Hoilett hasn't been given a chance this season, not sure what his attitude is like in training. We all know what Faurlin can do and he should not be left on the bench with that performance from the others.

Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin and the rest... on 09:27 - Dec 31 with 736 viewsStratfordBoy

Faurlin and the rest... on 08:59 - Dec 31 by chris1969

Not sure what harry was trying to prove but at 3-0 you would expect Faurlin and Hoilett to come on ahead of Fabio and Derry.

Hoilett hasn't been given a chance this season, not sure what his attitude is like in training. We all know what Faurlin can do and he should not be left on the bench with that performance from the others.

Is it just me & chris1969 that thinks that Faurlin & Hoilett should have been the first subs on, I would have hooked Mbia, Daikate & Cisse & replaced them with Faurlin, Derry & Hoilett. What is it with Mbia & all this falling about stuff?
Faurlin and the rest... on 09:34 - Dec 31 with 711 viewschris1969

Faurlin and the rest... on 09:27 - Dec 31 by StratfordBoy

Is it just me & chris1969 that thinks that Faurlin & Hoilett should have been the first subs on, I would have hooked Mbia, Daikate & Cisse & replaced them with Faurlin, Derry & Hoilett. What is it with Mbia & all this falling about stuff?

I agreed with Harry's initial team and thought we might try and bully the midfield. But in hindsight we should have started with 3 in middle because as soon as M'Bia stepped up the pitch to try and get the ball he left so much space behind him.

I thought Harry's subs were terrible and didn't help matters.
Faurlin and the rest... on 09:35 - Dec 31 with 703 viewsjonno

Faurlin and the rest... on 08:12 - Dec 31 by DANRANGER

Money is not a motivating factor in the workplace - this has been proven over many years. If my boss doubled my salary it would not make me work any harder. If somebody offered to double my salary to join another firm then that would motivate me to move jobs - but I wouldn't work any harder in the new job than the old one.
Only with performance related pay could you possibly get more effort from some players - the problem is their contracts are not really weighted towards performance in any meaningful way. They take home huge amounts of money win, lose or draw. Any extra they might get for winning games is so small in relation to their basic pay that it means nothing so they aren't really bothered. And unlike other employees in other industries they cannot be sacked for under performing.
Faurlin and the rest... on 09:43 - Dec 31 with 684 viewsRuislipHoop

Faurlin and the rest... on 09:35 - Dec 31 by jonno

Money is not a motivating factor in the workplace - this has been proven over many years. If my boss doubled my salary it would not make me work any harder. If somebody offered to double my salary to join another firm then that would motivate me to move jobs - but I wouldn't work any harder in the new job than the old one.
Only with performance related pay could you possibly get more effort from some players - the problem is their contracts are not really weighted towards performance in any meaningful way. They take home huge amounts of money win, lose or draw. Any extra they might get for winning games is so small in relation to their basic pay that it means nothing so they aren't really bothered. And unlike other employees in other industries they cannot be sacked for under performing.

Any of us who have been home and away this season know that there is not one of the 25 who are on top of there game,that is why we are where we are.Fuarlin,hoillet it doesnt matter,none of them are good enough.
Faurlin and the rest... on 09:48 - Dec 31 with 663 viewsngbqpr

With regards the OP, here's what I think is the full quote (from BBC) - which explains H's thinking a bit more clearly:

"You can't give up. I only want upbeat people around me.

"As I said to the players, 'don't come here moping around me'. I don't want to see substitutes moping because they are not playing.

"If they were that good they would be playing and wouldn't be bottom of the league. Get on with it. Let's see some fight and stick together. Let's see the attitude being right.

"If we all do that there's no reason why we can't go on a run. There are some teams down there in trouble and eight points is not insurmountable."

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Faurlin and the rest... on 09:55 - Dec 31 with 644 viewsQPR_John

Faurlin and the rest... on 08:59 - Dec 31 by chris1969

To keep the score at 0-3. We had no chance of winning or even making a game of it so it was damage limitation. Better to lose 3-0 than 8-0, which may be the score Wednesday night
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024