Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Reg Jenkins Stand 17:17 - Jan 30 with 7561 viewsHarry_Dale

Obviously today's news is very sad indeed and all our thoughts are with the Jenkins family.

I personally feel it would be a fitting tribute to the Dale Legend to have a stand at Spotland named in his honour. He is one of our greatest heroes!

Now I know the club would maybe feel they're losing out on potential revenue - but I'd happily help to contribute, and I'm sure if all fans would, we wouldn't be too far off? Maybe even a trust thing?

A true Dale legend, he needs remembering!

Up the Dale!

Edit: Just seen others mentioning it on RIP thread!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
The Reg Jenkins Stand on 15:53 - Jan 31 with 1642 viewsBeefCurtain

Perhaps this is the pessimist in me but wouldn't a statue most likely get vandalised/defaced in some way? It'd be a horrible sight if that were to happen plus it'd add to the costs of maintaining it/repairing it etc...

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 15:59 - Jan 31 with 1629 views49thseason

It seems that they start at about 18 grand and go up to about 37 grand depending on the sculptor and materials used.
There are also high end statues like the United Trinity statue which will set you back atleast 100k
The Reg Jenkins Stand on 16:00 - Jan 31 with 1624 viewsbarryroch

A statue does not have to be outside the ground. It could be placed inside, maybe the reception area.
The Reg Jenkins Stand on 13:26 - Feb 1 with 1547 viewsdale_upon_tyne

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 16:00 - Jan 31 by barryroch

A statue does not have to be outside the ground. It could be placed inside, maybe the reception area.

Where only a few see it?! That would be a waste of money.

If you are going to go to the lengths of raising thousands you might as well get your money's worth.

A Statue at the entrance to Spotland on Sandy Lane would be seen not only by most fans every match-day but also every time you drive past. Gets my vote (and contrubution) if it's done right.

I'd stick it here:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024