Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Season... 19:12 - May 19 with 5701 viewsEalingRanger

Any predictions? Anybody brave enough to stick their neck out and say that we will go straight back up next season?
Next Season... on 07:09 - May 20 with 1100 viewshoops_legend

Next Season... on 07:02 - May 20 by AgedR

The problems at the club run deep and won't be solved immediately by bringing in yet another group of players, to form yet another split in the dressing room.

We will be very lucky to stay up. Just can't see where a transformation that will bring us 45 to 50 points is coming from.

I think we will win every game
Next Season... on 07:18 - May 20 with 1089 viewsMelakaRanger

Until next season starts this is a pointless discussion really.

Harry and Tony have said that big changes have to be made. We may have 5, 6 or even more new guys starting in August.

And Harry's comments yesterday that he will only stay if he is allowed to rebuild suggests that contrary to recent announcements that he will be leading us next season, his leadership is maybe not 100% g'teed. I suspect though that this was just another log on the fire so that when he meets TF this week to discuss trf. funds he gets what he wants.

So maybe this is a topic to raise after game 1 of next season?
Next Season... on 08:46 - May 20 with 1062 viewsElHoop

Probably we are different to the other two relegated teams and most relagated teams in fact, in that we know that we are deep in the shit. We are starting from a position where we know that we could go down again if we don't sort it out. I reckon that they'll stop the slide and anyway it's time that we went to Wembley again.
Next Season... on 08:56 - May 20 with 1053 viewsJamie

Next Season... on 07:18 - May 20 by MelakaRanger

Until next season starts this is a pointless discussion really.

Harry and Tony have said that big changes have to be made. We may have 5, 6 or even more new guys starting in August.

And Harry's comments yesterday that he will only stay if he is allowed to rebuild suggests that contrary to recent announcements that he will be leading us next season, his leadership is maybe not 100% g'teed. I suspect though that this was just another log on the fire so that when he meets TF this week to discuss trf. funds he gets what he wants.

So maybe this is a topic to raise after game 1 of next season?

Adding more and more players at this point is counter intuitive. Without a core squad of players who are good enough and care enough, adding more players is like shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic. We need a complete overhaul but one that is slowly and sensibly managed. 3-5 years of consolidating and rebuilding what was torn from the club in 2012.

Sadly we have a manager and a chairman that don't have 3-5 years of quietly working as out of the spotlight as possible.

We'll see League One again before the Premier League in my humble opinion.
Next Season... on 09:04 - May 20 with 1043 viewsloftboy

Next Season... on 07:02 - May 20 by AgedR

The problems at the club run deep and won't be solved immediately by bringing in yet another group of players, to form yet another split in the dressing room.

We will be very lucky to stay up. Just can't see where a transformation that will bring us 45 to 50 points is coming from.

You needed 54+ this season

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Next Season... on 10:02 - May 20 with 1018 viewsAgedR

Next Season... on 09:04 - May 20 by loftboy

You needed 54+ this season

I'm hoping that was a freak

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Next Season... on 13:45 - May 20 with 996 viewsheadhoops

CARNAGE

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Next Season... on 13:52 - May 20 with 987 views18StoneOfHoop

Next Season... on 08:56 - May 20 by Jamie

Adding more and more players at this point is counter intuitive. Without a core squad of players who are good enough and care enough, adding more players is like shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic. We need a complete overhaul but one that is slowly and sensibly managed. 3-5 years of consolidating and rebuilding what was torn from the club in 2012.

Sadly we have a manager and a chairman that don't have 3-5 years of quietly working as out of the spotlight as possible.

Surely that should read in your 'humble miserable opinion',Jamie?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Login to get fewer ads

Next Season... on 13:52 - May 20 with 987 views18StoneOfHoop

Next Season... on 08:56 - May 20 by Jamie

Surely that should read in your 'humble miserable opinion',Jamie?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Next Season... on 13:56 - May 20 with 979 viewskingo

We have players like Bothroyd, Green, Mackie. Derry and Hill who were not good enough for the Prem but were very good in the Championship. Add to that the likes of Jenas and Nedum and the nucleus of a team is there but we will, as HR states, need to add players who want to play. If he can shift some of the 'don't want to play' merchants and and gets some of the others motivated then we can do ok. I watched Cardiff, who won it by a mile, and they were not up to much at all.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Next Season... on 14:00 - May 20 with 970 viewsrunningman75

Massive rebuilding is needed. Anyone can beat anyone in the Championship hence the points tally of the relegated teams was not that far off the play offs in terms of wins.

I am going for 15th. I think teams such as Reading and Wigan ( depending on their manager) will be better prepared. There are also teams such as Nottingham Forest, Leeds , Ipswich, Derby, Bolton ,Leicester who we are going to struggle getting any points at their grounds due to our inability to play football north of Watford.
Next Season... on 19:13 - May 20 with 931 viewsderbyhoop

You can leave Derby out of that list. Our record at Pride Park is 4 wins, 3 draws and no defeats.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Next Season... on 19:42 - May 20 with 921 viewsderbyhoop

Next Season... on 19:42 - May 19 by QPRDave

yeah but the question that needs answering is which end?

The fact that somebody picked up the inference should give you a clue.

If we come back in August with the current squad, consecutive relegations are on the cards. But, I suspect we could see as much as 40% of the squad gone before next season starts. I find it difficult to believe that the squad will not be radically overhauled, so I'll try and focus on the positives.
Our defensive record, for a side that finished bottom, wasn't that bad. 2 out of Samba, Onouha and Hill backed by a very competent keeper in Green (ref: Anfield and St Marys) should mean we don't give much away. The full backs are a bit more questionable. Bosingwa has the ability, but his attitude stinks. Harriman could develop to replace him. Traore's injury record is awful and nobody knows much about Yun.

A midfield of Derry, Mbia and Park is barely L1 standard. They certainly won't create much. I'm hoping for decent seasons from Jenas and Hoilett.
BZ and AJ, if one or both could stay fit (unlikely) would be a reasonable Championship strike force. If we have Bothroyd and Cisse as back up then we may be OK.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024