Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Itd Turn down £10m Plus Mata or Luiz??? 10:57 - Jul 17 with 6044 viewsqpr85

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23342660

Manchester United rejected Chelsea's opening offer for Wayne Rooney on Tuesday night and remain insistent the England striker is not for sale.

Chelsea are understood to have offered £10m in cash plus a player, thought to be either Juan Mata or David Luiz, in part exchange for the 27-year-old.

United immediately rejected the offer and left Chelsea in no doubt as to their position on the matter.

But Rooney has reiterated his desire to leave the club this summer.

He has been left angered by recent messages coming out of Old Trafford, most noticeably new manager David Moyes's suggestion Robin van Persie is his main striker.

The Scot said last week: "Overall, my thought on Wayne is that if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie we are going to need him - I want as many options as possible."

Rooney has expressed his disappointment to senior figures at the club and insisted he will not accept a squad role behind Dutch striker Van Persie.

Rooney - who has two years left on his contract - has also been linked with a move to Arsenal.

New manager Jose Mourinho confirmed his admiration for Rooney in a BBC interview on Tuesday.

More to follow.

Thats crazy I would have bitten their hand off for Mata. He's worth £30m on his own plus only on £100K a week.

Crazy
Man Itd Turn down £10m Plus Mata or Luiz??? on 08:31 - Jul 18 with 1173 viewsexiled_dictator

It looks like a deal where Rooney leaves Manchester United is looking likely to happen.
He is unhappy having to play second fiddle to anyone, especially RVP. He expects to play wherever he wants to, but unfortunately his performances for most of last season showed us that he has clearly gone off the boil. Normally, a player would be dropped, but go away and spend additional time on the training ground or in the gym getting back to where they were. But apparently, Rooney is above all this and simply expects to be on each & every team sheet as a lone striker where everyone knows that RVP is in sparkling form and made the difference last season for them.
There is the added spice of them having history as well. The autobiography & subsequent lawsuit cannot have helped their relationship, and Rooney thought of himself as Fergie's babe & No1. He might have had a better relationship with Fergie, but Moyes is now in charge which means he has to either shape up or ship out.
I also don't think that Man Utd will sell him to Chelsea, even if that is the biggest bid & Rooney himself wants to go there. Arsenal may hold more sway in the dealings having sold them RVP so they will want some respect back.
Personally, if I were Moyes, I wouldn't sell him but tell him to knuckle down & work. Lose some weight, get fit & ready for the season. He will ave missed pre-season now, so needs to go away & work hard looking towards Christmas and beyond. If he throws a hissy fit, then send him top train with the youth & reserves.
It will certainly be an interesting summer of speculation.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Man Itd Turn down £10m Plus Mata or Luiz??? on 10:36 - Jul 18 with 1152 viewstraininvain

Man Itd Turn down £10m Plus Mata or Luiz??? on 10:59 - Jul 17 by daveB

United should take the money and Luiz, bargain

Surely if presented with that opportunity Mata would be the one they would take?

He's the best midfielder in the Premiership.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024