Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joint US/Israeli Missile Test 13:22 - Sep 3 with 1816 viewsLOTR

Just announced joint US/Israel missile test off the coast of Syria. No doubt this will ratchet up tension in the Middle East, maybe a show of force on Israels part to warn the Assad regime that it won't hesitate to strike at targets inside Syria, even without American assistance if the Syrians decide to attack Israeli cities.

Worrying times ahead
Joint US/Israeli Missile Test on 13:23 - Sep 3 with 1801 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yes, it seems there is always tension somewhere in that part of the world.
It will all end in some pretty big tears I suspect.
Joint US/Israeli Missile Test on 13:46 - Sep 3 with 1743 viewsgueRRilla

Probably long planned. Certainly a show of force. Should Assad launch a few missile at Israel, despite the unquestionable overpowering and all destroying backlash he would provoke, then I think we can all start to worry about regional conflagration.
Joint US/Israeli Missile Test on 13:49 - Sep 3 with 1729 viewspomanjou

Joint US/Israeli Missile Test on 13:46 - Sep 3 by gueRRilla

Probably long planned. Certainly a show of force. Should Assad launch a few missile at Israel, despite the unquestionable overpowering and all destroying backlash he would provoke, then I think we can all start to worry about regional conflagration.

If that Assad fella drops one on Paphos, Cyprus., it will become more than a little exciting. Long planned, I doubt it, muscle flexing for sure.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Joint US/Israeli Missile Test on 14:05 - Sep 3 with 1690 viewsLOTR

I think the Israeli's are quite concerned what ever the result of this civil war. If Assad is toppled, then in one last act of defiance against Israel he could seek to launch missiles at major cities. If/when he is removed, who will replace him? Western intelligence will point to the fact that many of the members of the Free Syrian Army have links with AQ in the Arabian Peninsula as well as other militant Sunni groups in the wider region. Iran will have something to say if they are losing a Shia ally to the West and gaining a potentially hostile Sunni government. Finally, the role of Hizbullah, backed by both the Syrians and the Iranians, already fighting in the conflict, could well decide to launch attacks against Israel in order to provoke a response and weaken the Pan-Arab alliance against Assad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024