Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ricky Burns 23:58 - Sep 7 with 2826 viewsQPR1882

Draw

How the hell did Burns scrape a draw out of that fight? An absolute disgrace. Feel sorry for Beltran!!!

(Does that mean it's not only in the USA you have to knock your opponent out to get a draw).
[Post edited 8 Sep 2013 0:06]
Ricky Burns on 00:01 - Sep 8 with 2820 viewsMrSheen

What happens when you dislocate your jaw? I presume it goes back in and you have muscle tear pain. Hope I never find out.
Ricky Burns on 00:09 - Sep 8 with 2802 viewsRanger78

Terrible decision.

He was incredibly brave to fight through the pain barrier but even he thought he'd lost
Ricky Burns on 09:35 - Sep 8 with 2676 viewsTheBlob

That was the biggest travesty seen for years.How the f*ck did one judge see it as 115-112 Burns??Ricky was doing a passable imitation of a human punchbag,and he got knocked down.Beltran's after fight,dignified assertion that it was all politics was spot on.Hearn's offspring was the promoter - go figure.
Blob's money was on Beltran at 7/2,should have known better after all these years.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ricky Burns on 10:06 - Sep 8 with 2647 viewsNeil_SI

It was a dreadful outcome, you could possibly argue that Beltran had it by one round, but he won by at least a couple, if not more, and that's before taking into account that any other referee would have warned and deducted a point for the amount of holding Burns did.

It was a shame to see the way Burns, his trainer and promoter all sheepishly answering the questions afterwards, but I did like how openly Beltran spoke about the politics.

It should have been the best moment of Beltran's life, the pinnacle of his career, so even if they reversed the decision afterwards he'll never get to enjoy it in the way he should have. This stuff only serves to damage the reputation of boxing and its appeal.

It would be nice one day if one of these boxers, even if it's out of their hands, just comes out and says it how it is and that they lost for circumstances like these. I think Burns loses some respect and creditability otherwise, and that will now be hanging over him forever. People will always know, in fact, it may affect him getting big fights in the future.

As for the fight, Burns started superbly in that first round, but the first proper hook that Beltran landed to the body had a huge impact, and from there the fight changed in Beltran's favour. That's two very poor performances in a row for Burns, and if he keeps fighting people of this calibre, then he will be found out.
Ricky Burns on 10:43 - Sep 8 with 2614 viewsJonDoeman

Not a good advertisement for World Championship boxing, the decision or the fight.

It Is What It Is !!

Ricky Burns on 11:09 - Sep 8 with 2578 viewsRblockPrior

I watched this last night and cld not believe it wa given as a draw, burns got so lucky, how one of the judges gave it to burns by 3point after being knocked down and nominated il never know. Politics in boxing is embarrassing

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Ricky Burns on 11:41 - Sep 8 with 2548 viewsNeil_SI

Burns has had emergency surgery and a titanium plate inserted for a clean break of the jaw, which does put his career in jeopardy.

The x-ray was pretty intense, what a shot from Beltran to do that. They went on about Burns getting injured, as did Burns himself who complained something went wrong two fights in a row, but the punch that did the damage was fair and square.

Good to see Eddie Hearns backtracking a little bit and saying that he felt Beltran won the fight, that's important, but I bet they're only taking that approach because they have a good reason now, because the jaw was completely broken and damaged, for it to be acceptable to say Burns would never be at his best and that's why he lost.

They'll see it as not a fair contest with fighters at their best for twelve rounds to save face, even though it was a fair punch that made Burns go into that survival/hanging on mode.
Ricky Burns on 12:24 - Sep 8 with 2524 viewsHayesender

Ricky Burns on 09:35 - Sep 8 by TheBlob

That was the biggest travesty seen for years.How the f*ck did one judge see it as 115-112 Burns??Ricky was doing a passable imitation of a human punchbag,and he got knocked down.Beltran's after fight,dignified assertion that it was all politics was spot on.Hearn's offspring was the promoter - go figure.
Blob's money was on Beltran at 7/2,should have known better after all these years.

Paddy Power are paying out on the Beltran win

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Ricky Burns on 15:15 - Sep 8 with 2464 viewsTheBlob

Ricky Burns on 12:24 - Sep 8 by Hayesender

Paddy Power are paying out on the Beltran win

Fair play to them,paid out the fifty quid "winnings".

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ricky Burns on 15:47 - Sep 8 with 2436 viewsreal_loftus

Its as bent as the fahkin WWE wrestling.

ATAF

ATAF.

Ricky Burns on 21:03 - Sep 8 with 2339 viewsthemodfather

ricky burns is a decent enough fighter but is getting a few decisions his way
like felix sturm ie homers....from the few rounds i saw , beltran was winning. burns has heart and fought from rd 2 with a broken jaw.
a real test comes when he fights away, no home comfort zone then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024