Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Belgium v Wales 18:50 - Oct 15 with 7029 viewstreboethjack

This could turn out to be very painful viewing, but who knows? They just may relax a bit having already qualified now?

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Belgium v Wales on 00:29 - Oct 16 with 1732 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Also honourable mentions to Aaron Ramsey, James Collins (has been excellent for the last two games) and of course Craig Bellamy. King didn't disappoint and Hennessy kept us in the game.
Most surprising was Chris Gunter. A good performance from him.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Belgium v Wales on 07:45 - Oct 16 with 1629 viewsQuakerJack

Worst possible result which now buys Coleman a decade long contract

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Belgium v Wales on 07:56 - Oct 16 with 1621 viewsymaohyd

I'm not sure if Coleman is the best person for the job.

The only thing I would say is that Wales need to have a blue print for football in this country and plan ahead for future generations. The whole set up seems to be a shambles.

On the field we need to concentrate on finishing 3rd in a group. We desperately need to improve our seeding. Every tournament goes the same way. Great hope, followed by a few early loses, lose heart and end up 4 th/5th, thereby consolidating a hard group for the next tournament.

Take the pressure off, aim for 3rd then maybe that 2nd or even top spot may finally be ours.

To my shame I haven't watched Wales for years, used to even go away with them but hated all the Cardiff crap. Is it still like that?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Belgium v Wales on 08:19 - Oct 16 with 1598 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Belgium v Wales on 07:56 - Oct 16 by ymaohyd

I'm not sure if Coleman is the best person for the job.

The only thing I would say is that Wales need to have a blue print for football in this country and plan ahead for future generations. The whole set up seems to be a shambles.

On the field we need to concentrate on finishing 3rd in a group. We desperately need to improve our seeding. Every tournament goes the same way. Great hope, followed by a few early loses, lose heart and end up 4 th/5th, thereby consolidating a hard group for the next tournament.

Take the pressure off, aim for 3rd then maybe that 2nd or even top spot may finally be ours.

To my shame I haven't watched Wales for years, used to even go away with them but hated all the Cardiff crap. Is it still like that?

Some wise words their, i dont know what to make of coleman, especially after the last two games. but the players seem to want to play for him, and two great performances. Maybe he deserves more time in the job, i really cant make my mind up. But big changes need to be made within the faw, but im not holding my breath.
Belgium v Wales on 08:41 - Oct 16 with 1583 viewsthedrownedman

In all the games I've been to see Wales I've never come across any aggro from Cardiff supporters. I suppose this is down to the fact that I'm not a pissed-up, braindead remedial who's looking for trouble.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen - and vice versa too - but it must be isolated incidents that seem to be blown out of proportion.

Anyway, back to the game...Was nice to see us fairly organised without a string of key players, and a result away from home against a very talented Belgium side is always pleasing, however I do believe Coleman has to go. Speed turned it around when he was under pressure with promising performances, utilising our players' technical ability, he actually got the players to turn up for games. He even made Darcy Blake look like a young Maldini (well, not quite, but he looked OK!). I just don't see Coleman doing the same.

We need someone new in NOW. None of this "let's give Cookie a few more games in the next qualifying stage, just to see" bollocks. We have some very talented players, a couple who are world class, so I do not believe there'd be much disinterest from foreign coaches wanting to come and coach the likes of Bale and Ramsey, and promising youngsters like Davies, Joniesta, Emyr Huws and that kid Harry Wilson.

Now I have no idea who we could go for, but there must be some forward-thinking managers out there who'd like the opportunity and challenge of getting Wales qualified.

If we do go Welsh again just for the sake of it then we'll never move forward. We got lucky with Speed that he actually turned out to be a good coach for us, but I cannot think of any Welsh-person who'd be good enough, or would want the job. Giggs? Out of the question - he'll never leave United, and you can't blame him. Tony Pulis? Quick, give Cookie a 30-year contract! Hartson? Bellamy? We might as well give it to Kristian f*cking O'Leary.
Belgium v Wales on 08:46 - Oct 16 with 1573 viewswaynekerr55

Belgium v Wales on 08:41 - Oct 16 by thedrownedman

In all the games I've been to see Wales I've never come across any aggro from Cardiff supporters. I suppose this is down to the fact that I'm not a pissed-up, braindead remedial who's looking for trouble.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen - and vice versa too - but it must be isolated incidents that seem to be blown out of proportion.

Anyway, back to the game...Was nice to see us fairly organised without a string of key players, and a result away from home against a very talented Belgium side is always pleasing, however I do believe Coleman has to go. Speed turned it around when he was under pressure with promising performances, utilising our players' technical ability, he actually got the players to turn up for games. He even made Darcy Blake look like a young Maldini (well, not quite, but he looked OK!). I just don't see Coleman doing the same.

We need someone new in NOW. None of this "let's give Cookie a few more games in the next qualifying stage, just to see" bollocks. We have some very talented players, a couple who are world class, so I do not believe there'd be much disinterest from foreign coaches wanting to come and coach the likes of Bale and Ramsey, and promising youngsters like Davies, Joniesta, Emyr Huws and that kid Harry Wilson.

Now I have no idea who we could go for, but there must be some forward-thinking managers out there who'd like the opportunity and challenge of getting Wales qualified.

If we do go Welsh again just for the sake of it then we'll never move forward. We got lucky with Speed that he actually turned out to be a good coach for us, but I cannot think of any Welsh-person who'd be good enough, or would want the job. Giggs? Out of the question - he'll never leave United, and you can't blame him. Tony Pulis? Quick, give Cookie a 30-year contract! Hartson? Bellamy? We might as well give it to Kristian f*cking O'Leary.

Agreed - the pressure was off so to speak in the last 2 games, we missed the boat with Lagerback IMO

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Belgium v Wales on 08:47 - Oct 16 with 1567 viewswaynekerr55

Belgium v Wales on 22:03 - Oct 15 by NOTRAC

All of a sudden we are starting to give some hope.OK it's far too late this time, but Coleman deserves another go. To change him and his assistants now would simply be unfair and probably unproductive.

Do you really think Hartson and Kit Symons are good enough to work in international football

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Belgium v Wales on 09:09 - Oct 16 with 1539 viewsBackHeel

review of team looking forward:-

http://passingpashion.wordpress.com/2013/10/16/great-result-against-belgium/
Login to get fewer ads

Belgium v Wales on 09:23 - Oct 16 with 1526 viewsBackHeel

Belgium v Wales on 08:41 - Oct 16 by thedrownedman

Although leaning towards idea of keeping coleman in the job, not been overly impressed - I always liked him because he used to play for us and on the media he always came across quite well to me, but the falling out with collins and the passport situation suggest a slightly unprofessional edge.

Regarding other possibilities would we dare give it to an old-fashioned kick-and-run merchant like Tony Pulis? Could work, but would it suit our talented young midfield, I doubt it.

"Giggs? out of the question, he'd never leave United" - true under Fergie but apparently he hasn't been best pleased over some of Moyes moves, for example asking for Neville's ear rather his own. giggs has all the coaching badges and isn't being utilised yet by Moyes, if we want to get him on a part-time basis (worked with Hughes when he was 5-years younger) then now might be the time to act.

Other possibilities include Flynn, Saunders, Mark bowen or even Hughes again, but I'm guessing he's want to focus on Stoke. IMO it has to be a Welshman though, sorry, what's point of international football if you don't have a representative of that country as the manager.

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:31 - Oct 16 with 1510 viewsDevz00

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Belgium v Wales on 09:31 - Oct 16 with 1509 viewsDevz00

What is the point in sacking Coleman now? Really? He's performed an absolute miracle in the last couple of games. Look at the available squad! Seriously.

I can't stand James Collins but he's been the best centre back available for the past 2 games and he's performed well, credit where credit is due. When he went off yesterday we had a 24 year old come on the field for his debut. If he was any good then he wouldn't have been making his debut in a Wales side at 24 years old. James Wilson, who on loan to Cheltenham from the mighty Bristol City, making his debut and marking Lukaku. Come on... On his left he had a left back partnering him at centre half and on his right he had Jazz Richards who is currently out on loan at Huddersfield. Talk about a patched-up defence.

This is against one of the top 3 teams in Europe right now. It was a heroic performance from us. What a fantastic result.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Belgium v Wales on 09:35 - Oct 16 with 1501 viewsWarwickHunt

Belgium v Wales on 09:23 - Oct 16 by BackHeel

Although leaning towards idea of keeping coleman in the job, not been overly impressed - I always liked him because he used to play for us and on the media he always came across quite well to me, but the falling out with collins and the passport situation suggest a slightly unprofessional edge.

Regarding other possibilities would we dare give it to an old-fashioned kick-and-run merchant like Tony Pulis? Could work, but would it suit our talented young midfield, I doubt it.

"Giggs? out of the question, he'd never leave United" - true under Fergie but apparently he hasn't been best pleased over some of Moyes moves, for example asking for Neville's ear rather his own. giggs has all the coaching badges and isn't being utilised yet by Moyes, if we want to get him on a part-time basis (worked with Hughes when he was 5-years younger) then now might be the time to act.

Other possibilities include Flynn, Saunders, Mark bowen or even Hughes again, but I'm guessing he's want to focus on Stoke. IMO it has to be a Welshman though, sorry, what's point of international football if you don't have a representative of that country as the manager.

"Other possibilities include Flynn, Saunders, Mark bowen or even Hughes again "

Congratulations on coming out of your coma.
Belgium v Wales on 09:51 - Oct 16 with 1484 viewsperchrockjack

Given the small squad of players of quality guts should be an automatic and its not been this campaign until this weekend when it tookme back to an outclassed small team giving the bigfecer a rough night.
If Coleman want to do it then fine as like someone ese said couldn't see anyone doing much better.

Have to say that over the years Ive loathed Bellamy but I respect his performances and his attiude to WALES .Its so different to others before him

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Belgium v Wales on 09:54 - Oct 16 with 1469 viewsDarran

Leighton James reckons that the new manager and the man to unite Swansea and Cardiff fans to get behind Wales and put their differences aside to back the national team is..................................................

Ryan Giggs.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Belgium v Wales on 10:03 - Oct 16 with 1455 viewsItchySphincter

Coleman's general demeanour and thinly veiled digs at the players has not looked good. Gum chewing and snivelling, the cheap suit, I wouldn't be inspired by him. Besides that, nothing against the bloke. People need to wake up and realise we are joke football nation with a joke association. If we were to let Coleman go then Pullis would be the only choice. This country doesn't need some swashbuckling, free flowing, forward thinking type of football manager as we don't have the quality players to execute the plan available at any time. We need someone who will send them out to compete. I've been to every home international this season and we have been horrendous, beyond terrible. Watching the game against Macedonia last week was like watching two Vauxhall Conference teams having a bad day.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Belgium v Wales on 10:03 - Oct 16 with 1380 viewsWarwickHunt

Belgium v Wales on 09:54 - Oct 16 by Darran

Leighton James reckons that the new manager and the man to unite Swansea and Cardiff fans to get behind Wales and put their differences aside to back the national team is..................................................

Ryan Giggs.

He was due to be interviewed when Coleman got the job but pulled out due to a dislocated eyelash.

F*ck him.
Belgium v Wales on 10:06 - Oct 16 with 1372 viewsDarran

Belgium v Wales on 10:03 - Oct 16 by ItchySphincter

Coleman's general demeanour and thinly veiled digs at the players has not looked good. Gum chewing and snivelling, the cheap suit, I wouldn't be inspired by him. Besides that, nothing against the bloke. People need to wake up and realise we are joke football nation with a joke association. If we were to let Coleman go then Pullis would be the only choice. This country doesn't need some swashbuckling, free flowing, forward thinking type of football manager as we don't have the quality players to execute the plan available at any time. We need someone who will send them out to compete. I've been to every home international this season and we have been horrendous, beyond terrible. Watching the game against Macedonia last week was like watching two Vauxhall Conference teams having a bad day.

Well yeah perhaps Pulis is the only option if you dinosaurs insists he's got to be Welsh see.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Belgium v Wales on 10:07 - Oct 16 with 1368 viewsItchySphincter

Giggs would not have the respect of the players. He's probably been through half their wives. Leighton is getting worse and worse. Shame, tidy player.

Belgium v Wales on 10:09 - Oct 16 with 1362 viewsItchySphincter

I beg your pardon. I take your point and yes, if he is Welsh then it must be Pullis. Personally I don't care if he comes from the moon so long as he gets the bunch of overpaid pansies to play like the actually have a clue.

Belgium v Wales on 10:12 - Oct 16 with 1351 viewsperchrockjack

Giggs? Dear God. NO. Never.

Pulis will be looking at another PREM JOB .
His teams aren't exactly pretty but they are effective and they d certainly be motivated so yeah that s a good call

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Belgium v Wales on 10:27 - Oct 16 with 1334 viewsymaohyd

Personally I wouldn't take anything from last night's result. Sport, generally is littered with examples of good results for the weaker side against the better sides who have little to play for.

Be it rugby tours, Ashes series, other cricket tours. I think the very good or great sides in world sport have an extra 5/10% in terms of class that win games. When that % is taken away through a lack of desire you have results like we had last night or England or Australia suddenly looking good in the last test match of an Ashes series that has already been won.

Welsh football needs to take a long hard look at itself and look closely at the whole structure of the national tea. The Swans as a club from the directors down have shown what you can achieve with a footballing vision, hard work and meticulous planning.

The FAW should have been on the phone to Huw Jenkins to seek his counsel on the way forward, some time ago. I probably wouldn't stick with Coleman, there are some superb foreign managers out there, but then from day 1 if we go down that road, once we lose the knives will be out.

Belgium v Wales on 10:28 - Oct 16 with 1327 viewsymaohyd

Belgium v Wales on 10:27 - Oct 16 by ymaohyd

Personally I wouldn't take anything from last night's result. Sport, generally is littered with examples of good results for the weaker side against the better sides who have little to play for.

Be it rugby tours, Ashes series, other cricket tours. I think the very good or great sides in world sport have an extra 5/10% in terms of class that win games. When that % is taken away through a lack of desire you have results like we had last night or England or Australia suddenly looking good in the last test match of an Ashes series that has already been won.

Welsh football needs to take a long hard look at itself and look closely at the whole structure of the national tea. The Swans as a club from the directors down have shown what you can achieve with a footballing vision, hard work and meticulous planning.

The FAW should have been on the phone to Huw Jenkins to seek his counsel on the way forward, some time ago. I probably wouldn't stick with Coleman, there are some superb foreign managers out there, but then from day 1 if we go down that road, once we lose the knives will be out.

OOps, should always read things first! Looks as though I'm promoting PG Tips!

Belgium v Wales on 11:33 - Oct 16 with 1298 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Belgium v Wales on 10:03 - Oct 16 by WarwickHunt

He was due to be interviewed when Coleman got the job but pulled out due to a dislocated eyelash.

F*ck him.

Didnt turn out for freindlies, but if giggs was made wales manager would expect his players to turn up, how is his past example going to inspire the current squad? So its a f-ck him from me. And he,s a horriable shite of a person.
Belgium v Wales on 12:49 - Oct 16 with 1236 viewsBackHeel

....plus all the players would have to watch Giggs chasing their wives

If we go outside Wales, what about winding England up by getting Harry Rednapp part-time?
Belgium v Wales on 13:10 - Oct 16 with 1214 viewsKennedy

I say get rid. Last 2 games were nothing really. Belgium should have won the game and to be honest they had already qualified so needed nothing from the game.

Why do we have to go Welsh? For such a small nation it would be best to get into the foreign market.

The FAW need to stop acting like dinosaurs and get into the now and not keep going on about the bloody past.

The definitely need a chat with Huw Jenkins and see what he has to say on the matter.

Just call me JFK

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024