Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread 01:17 - Dec 4 with 19018 viewsjackharris

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25115747

1950's North Bank v Newcastle

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:33 - Dec 4 with 2470 viewsmikecph

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:32 - Dec 4 by grimsbyjack

Shelvey my MOM tonight.
He`s been excellent !!

No one near his level tonight!
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:33 - Dec 4 with 2468 viewsBanosswan

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:32 - Dec 4 by grimsbyjack

Shelvey my MOM tonight.
He`s been excellent !!

I agree. Although Michael Owen has given it to him, so we must be wrong,.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:34 - Dec 4 with 2453 viewsVetchitBack

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:30 - Dec 4 by mikecph

Hehe, that raises an interesting question - when all players are ready - do we play Michu or Shelvey in AM position? :D

Shelvey. He seems to dictate play in a way Michu doesn't. Of course form/opposition will change but Michu hasn't had a good season.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2013 21:35]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:36 - Dec 4 with 2398 viewscentrestandswan

Fking Owen just gets worse

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:37 - Dec 4 with 2360 viewsJonnyTheJack

HUGE win. Worried when Vasquez went off but we've sort of rotated the front man a lot and played some great stuff. Defensively much better at home and created some very good chances considering we didn't have a striker.

Another brilliant performance from Shelvey. MOTM.
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:38 - Dec 4 with 2331 viewsmikecph

Thank you Swansea for such an excellent game! Such a joy to watch :)
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:38 - Dec 4 with 2331 viewsgrimsbyjack

Fantastic performance from all our players tonight.
Well done lads!!
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:40 - Dec 4 with 2289 viewsPozuelosSideys

Best performance of the season along with WBA and Valencia. Passing was back to levels we havent seen for a while. Crisp fast and accurate.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:40 - Dec 4 with 2289 viewswaynekerr55

A mention to Tiendalli

He did well also!

Massive result

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:43 - Dec 4 with 2180 viewsunion_jack

I don't think I have heard a more inept, one sided commentary and pitch side in all my life.
Shelvey shouldn't have been on the field. Ok, there is a case but what about the studs up tackle earlier on which only received a yellow which wasn't even mentioned as a possible red by Mickey O an co.
Absolutely appalling.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:44 - Dec 4 with 2167 viewsDanishDuck

Yeah Jonjo played well this evening and so did many others... If the y can keep it up Swansea should be fine... But if they cant pass the ball, like in many others games Swansea wil look bad again.
Tactics, team setup etc. is important, but most important if the players can perform as they should!
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:44 - Dec 4 with 2137 viewsJackbustard

A thoroughly enjoyable game at home for once. Thought best we could hope for when Vasquez went off was a draw but a superb performance, special mention to Shelvey he was outstanding showed the heart and commitment we've been lacking lately.
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:44 - Dec 4 with 2137 viewsNeath_Jack

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:13 - Dec 4 by VetchitBack

Knew my first instincts about Jonjo were right despite all his detractors on this board. Cheap-shot? You bet!

Dav couldnt be reached for comment.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:46 - Dec 4 with 2094 viewsKeyserSoze

Ok, I really despise the 'we're overlooked because we're little old swansea' etc etc.

But, if Shelvey carries on with performances like that and doesn't get into the England squad then there is something seriously wrong. Newcastle are a mid-table premier league team and Shelvey bossed the game.

The midfield squad for England v Chile:

'Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere'

Shelvey, if he carries on his form is playing better than quite a few of those players. Roy Hodgson outlined in this article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/24549808 that he is looking to the youngsters to boost the future of English football, he should look no further.

I think it might be detrimental to our success in the future if we fail to attract young English players as the stigma grows that playing for Swansea limits your chance to break into the England squad.

Poll: What is the best atmosphere you have experienced at the Liberty?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:46 - Dec 4 with 2091 viewsshandyjack

Thought Canas had his best game in the shirt tongight, broke up everything. But my god how shite was Owen as a commentator

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:47 - Dec 4 with 2071 views2face

30 goals tonight
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:47 - Dec 4 with 2059 viewsblaine_scfc

Not one bad performance. Special mentions to canas and tiendalli who have had stick, but thought they were both quality today. We needed that, massive result.
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:54 - Dec 4 with 1898 viewsNeath_Jack

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:46 - Dec 4 by shandyjack

Thought Canas had his best game in the shirt tongight, broke up everything. But my god how shite was Owen as a commentator

He did aye, was a rock in front of the back four.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:54 - Dec 4 with 1897 viewsSwansNZ

Great result and what a great performance. Newcastle did look dangerous on the counter, but we totally bossed that game - could easily have been 6-1 - almost as I predicted

Own goals is now equal top scorer for us in the PL - sh1t happens eh!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:55 - Dec 4 with 1875 viewsmikecph

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:46 - Dec 4 by shandyjack

Agree - best Cañas game so far :)
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:56 - Dec 4 with 1853 viewsblaine_scfc

Hate to put a dampener on the game, but the more I see the shelvey incident, the more I think we may be missing him for 3 games. If ref didn't see it, the FA can still jump in.
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:57 - Dec 4 with 1830 viewsWarwickHunt

He either states the bleedin' obvious or gets it completely wrong, The other fella was a f*cking idiot too.

I hope the Shelvey critics do a spot of self-flagellation tonight. Yet another player written off by the f*ckwits...

Awesome tonight. Completely bossed it.

Great all-round team performance but a mention for Dwight who looks to be getting back to where he was last year. Lovely stuff.
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:59 - Dec 4 with 1802 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:56 - Dec 4 by blaine_scfc

Hate to put a dampener on the game, but the more I see the shelvey incident, the more I think we may be missing him for 3 games. If ref didn't see it, the FA can still jump in.

No contact. Won't happen.
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:03 - Dec 4 with 1725 viewsclement

i wonder which game newcastle fc tv are showing next......

oh, that was bt sport?

ok....

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:03 - Dec 4 with 1716 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Brilliant stuff from the lads. We've lost all 3 strikers to injury, yet we go on to win 3-0 against one the form teams in the Premier League

Shelvey was superb again, as was Dyer when he came on. They all did superbly to get those 3 points, great spirit shown by all.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024