Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sweat on this season 19:11 - Dec 22 with 6710 viewsjojaca

We have a sweat on this season for relegation. We will be in relegation mix in a few games time when Chelsea and Manchester United roll us over. This season games against the big boys has been disappointing, we have been outfought and outplayed (I hate watching games when it's only a matter of time when the opposition score). I fear us if we are in relegation battle because our players have not got the mental capacity to deal with it. Our signings this year are very poor and I would like to see Ki back and send De Guzman back to Spain. De Guzman is a luxury player and we can't afford them type of players.

Watching the swans at the moment is predictable and boring. Some observations lately 1)When we seem to have the opportunity to attack at pace on the break, We seem to stop and slow it down and make a simple pass, while this gives the opposition time to get defenders back into position (could be a confidence thing).
2)When the opposition counter attack us we lose our shape and numbers and so many times this season we have been cut up. Our positional sense must be poor.
3)We only up the tempo when we are losing, when the game is evenly balanced we are one paced. Would like us to assert more pressure on the opposition especially at home. I want us to come out of the traps like a greyhound.
4) God help us if we are the mix for relegation, We are like boxer with a glass chin. I want to see more heart and desire, more blood and guts for the jersey. I get so frustrated. If was a straight shoot out with us and Cardiff, my money would be on Cardiff.

Even when you know, you never know?

Sweat on this season on 11:21 - Dec 23 with 1015 viewsPhil_S

I always chuckled back in the summer when people were predicting us for a Top 6 finish

Manchester United
Manchester City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Tottenham
Chelsea
Everton

We would have to at least finish above at least two of them to achieve it - which ones were there for the taking?
Sweat on this season on 11:23 - Dec 23 with 1004 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sweat on this season on 11:15 - Dec 23 by monmouth

Internet stuff makes me laugh. People really think their opinion counts and that their personal spouting will have an influence over events on the pitch. Have a little think about how much difference being 'concerned' and 'miserable' on an internet forum makes to what Laudrup or the players would do. The only opinion that really counts belong to the professionals running the club.

My own view, which is worth equal and no more to any other amateur supporter, is that anyone who is 'concerned' all the time, and can't see the joy in what we are achieving and the miracle that is playing out before our very eyes is causing themselves unnecessary pain and misery.

It's unlikely to ever get much better than the last few seasons....already the marginal wonder of each game is wearing off and will probably continue to do so. That is surely the nature of repetition and familiarity and, in particular, sport. To not have enjoyed those wonderful times at all is desperately sad, and I genuinely think that there are many in our fanbase that haven't.

In my opinion, and it is just an opinion you understand (have I said that before?), to be constantly negative is a certain prescription for continual misery. Worse it will change nothing, absolutely nothing, except making your own life that little bit more unpleasant.

Merry Christmas all.

There's a fella next to me who goes on and on like he was the Swans manager. He's getting me down so much I'm considering moving, which is a pity as the rest around me are great.
Roll on the expansion so he can hopefully move next to someone else.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sweat on this season on 11:44 - Dec 23 with 981 viewsDarran

Sweat on this season on 10:59 - Dec 23 by raynor94

No you are the predictable one! and please i didn't slag you off, i'm just agreeing with Darrans post, it sums you up perfectly, and i have no idea where you get the notion i don't like you

He should have his internet taken away when we lose it doesn't matter when we win because he doesn't post anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sweat on this season on 11:45 - Dec 23 with 976 viewsrockin

We won't get relegated.
Sweat on this season on 12:23 - Dec 23 with 936 viewsViking_Jack

In my oponion, there is some tendency of revisionism setting in in some of the posts in here.

1.One is that we were more consistent before this season. Allegedly, we were more consistent, it goes, in the last two seasons where we ended 11th and 9th. However, we are presently number 11, we have, as other have pointed out before me, the same amount of points for 17 games as we had for 19 games in 2011/12 and with 20 points we still have two matches to come close to the 25 points we got in the end of a strong first half of a season in 2012/13. In other words: Inconsistency is what we are all about. If we were more inconsistent we would presently be in bottom 6; if we were less inconsistent we would be in top 6. So the claim that we are inconsistent is fully correct, but it´s a revisionism and a myth to claim that is something particularly new.

2.Another revisionism is that we have lost all our possession skills. Looking at the stats we see a different story: In the season 2011/12 we had a total of 58% possession and 85,7% in pass success. In the season 2012/13 we had a total of 55,3% and a pass success of 85%. And in the season of 2013/14 we have so far had a total of 59,5% possession and a pass success of 86,8% - the highest during the Premier League time. So whatever our problem is, it´s not strictly speaking the possessions skills....

3.Somebody asked if Redknapp was idiotic when he said that he expected us to end in top 6. Personally, I don´t think so. I just think that he had some expectations that turned out to be unrealistic and that - by not admitting this - he is guilty in some revisionism. For it was the same man who in April 2011 stated that he would prefer not to qualify for the Europe League since - and I quote - "the Europa League takes an even bigger toll in my opinion (than Champions League), that's the problem. That Thursday night one, every week, and playing Sundays every week...". So knowing this, is it logical that Redknapp - or whatever other pundit - now comes back saying that we should be in top 6? Is it logical to expect us to do better than - lets say - Tottenham - who is also doing EL and who is presently number 7? Or Liverpool last year? Or is it a sign of revisionism that we SHOULD have done better than those huge clubs?

Just to prevent misunderstandings, and - hopefully - slip away from being accused for dictatorship or the like, I regard expectations to be something highly individual and personal, and if fans expect us to be in top 8 or top 6 while doing a European campaign, I don´t see any problem in that. I also think that some of the criticism being made of the team and the manager is fair. But I think the arguments supporting the anger and frustration that we are not in a better position should be based on facts and not on revisionistic arguments.

Better a brief spell of honour than a long rule of shame

Sweat on this season on 12:26 - Dec 23 with 929 viewswaynekerr55

Sweat on this season on 12:23 - Dec 23 by Viking_Jack

In my oponion, there is some tendency of revisionism setting in in some of the posts in here.

1.One is that we were more consistent before this season. Allegedly, we were more consistent, it goes, in the last two seasons where we ended 11th and 9th. However, we are presently number 11, we have, as other have pointed out before me, the same amount of points for 17 games as we had for 19 games in 2011/12 and with 20 points we still have two matches to come close to the 25 points we got in the end of a strong first half of a season in 2012/13. In other words: Inconsistency is what we are all about. If we were more inconsistent we would presently be in bottom 6; if we were less inconsistent we would be in top 6. So the claim that we are inconsistent is fully correct, but it´s a revisionism and a myth to claim that is something particularly new.

2.Another revisionism is that we have lost all our possession skills. Looking at the stats we see a different story: In the season 2011/12 we had a total of 58% possession and 85,7% in pass success. In the season 2012/13 we had a total of 55,3% and a pass success of 85%. And in the season of 2013/14 we have so far had a total of 59,5% possession and a pass success of 86,8% - the highest during the Premier League time. So whatever our problem is, it´s not strictly speaking the possessions skills....

3.Somebody asked if Redknapp was idiotic when he said that he expected us to end in top 6. Personally, I don´t think so. I just think that he had some expectations that turned out to be unrealistic and that - by not admitting this - he is guilty in some revisionism. For it was the same man who in April 2011 stated that he would prefer not to qualify for the Europe League since - and I quote - "the Europa League takes an even bigger toll in my opinion (than Champions League), that's the problem. That Thursday night one, every week, and playing Sundays every week...". So knowing this, is it logical that Redknapp - or whatever other pundit - now comes back saying that we should be in top 6? Is it logical to expect us to do better than - lets say - Tottenham - who is also doing EL and who is presently number 7? Or Liverpool last year? Or is it a sign of revisionism that we SHOULD have done better than those huge clubs?

Just to prevent misunderstandings, and - hopefully - slip away from being accused for dictatorship or the like, I regard expectations to be something highly individual and personal, and if fans expect us to be in top 8 or top 6 while doing a European campaign, I don´t see any problem in that. I also think that some of the criticism being made of the team and the manager is fair. But I think the arguments supporting the anger and frustration that we are not in a better position should be based on facts and not on revisionistic arguments.

Who said that our "international" fans don't add anything to the board?

Very good post sir!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Sweat on this season on 12:48 - Dec 23 with 907 viewshammy

Sweat on this season on 09:56 - Dec 23 by waynekerr55

please don't take this personally, but I viewd yesterday's performance as probably the most tactically disciplined we've been since chelsea in the coc semi first leg.

gary neville showed how Barry and Mccarthy drop deep and invite teams to press so they can play through, we very rarely fell for it. Tim howard pulled off some great saves and only a rush of blood from ash clattering into his own team mate for the first and naivety from jdg in not taking a yellow cost us (both worldy strikes)

I agree we've been turgid at times but if we stay disciplined and move the ball quicker we'll be fine

also it would be nice for bony to have a full game

This was very much my view of the game. We were definitely not outplayed by an Everton team that are on top form at the moment (now 4th). At 1-1 the game could have gone either way and with a bit more luck we could have been 2-1 winners and Sky would have been lauding us as one of the best teams in the league !

I took a lot of positives from today's performance and if we can maintain this over the coming weeks we'll surprise a few of the big boys and also get a few points. We're in a very good position to avoid the end of season relegation battle and get the feeling that we will click in a few games; we have Palace, Fulham, WBA, Cardiff, Norwich and Villa to come at home and should get a fair few points.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Sweat on this season on 13:44 - Dec 23 with 872 viewsTokijo

10th to 15th place appears to be tightly fought out. Swans seems to be staying ahead of this pack, so no need to panic. Early January playing both Manchester teams will be quite tough but 7 points away from 18th place keeps us from being dragged into the relegation dogfight for time being. Some points on the board against one the top sides would be nice start to the year though.
Login to get fewer ads

Sweat on this season on 13:50 - Dec 23 with 863 viewscontroversial_jack

We haven't won in 9 games I think, that's relegation form , and current form is what it's all about, not what we did last season. I think it's ok to be a bit concerned
Sweat on this season on 13:52 - Dec 23 with 861 viewslonglostjack

Sweat on this season on 13:50 - Dec 23 by controversial_jack

We haven't won in 9 games I think, that's relegation form , and current form is what it's all about, not what we did last season. I think it's ok to be a bit concerned

We're doomed

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Sweat on this season on 13:58 - Dec 23 with 845 viewsViking_Jack

Sweat on this season on 13:50 - Dec 23 by controversial_jack

Thats´s another myth. In the last 6 games we gained 8 points, which is the 11th highest in the league (regarding the last 6 games) - precisely the same position we have in the table. By comparison Arsenal gained 10 in their last 6 matches.

Better a brief spell of honour than a long rule of shame

Sweat on this season on 14:09 - Dec 23 with 833 viewsJackanapes

We haven't won in 9 games, apart from the 2 games we won in the last 9 games.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Sweat on this season on 14:19 - Dec 23 with 811 viewscontroversial_jack

sorry, we have won twice in the last 13 games. Does this sound better to you?
Sweat on this season on 14:21 - Dec 23 with 808 viewsJackanapes

Sweat on this season on 14:19 - Dec 23 by controversial_jack

sorry, we have won twice in the last 13 games. Does this sound better to you?

Well sounds like whats happened rather than something you made up to be controversial.Edit: we have actually won 4 times in the last 13 games. So keep em coming.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 14:24]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Sweat on this season on 14:28 - Dec 23 with 792 viewsJackanapes

Maybe you should change your name to innumerate Jack. You aren't really getting the hang of this controversy lark.

Sweat on this season on 14:30 - Dec 23 with 786 viewsPhil_S

Its like JOhn Hollins has back - if it wasnt for all the games we had won or drawn we'd have lost them all
Sweat on this season on 14:31 - Dec 23 with 772 viewsperchrockjack

History alert

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Sweat on this season on 14:36 - Dec 23 with 773 viewsmonmouth

Sweat on this season on 14:28 - Dec 23 by Jackanapes

Maybe you should change your name to innumerate Jack. You aren't really getting the hang of this controversy lark.

LMAO

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sweat on this season on 14:44 - Dec 23 with 763 viewscontroversial_jack

Sweat on this season on 14:21 - Dec 23 by Jackanapes

Well sounds like whats happened rather than something you made up to be controversial.Edit: we have actually won 4 times in the last 13 games. So keep em coming.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 14:24]

Nope, won twice in the last 13 games!
Sweat on this season on 14:45 - Dec 23 with 758 viewsJackanapes

crystal palace, sunderland, fulham, newcastle. This thread is about Premier league survival. Why would you be including non premier league games in this when the stats have bearing on our league position?
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 14:48]

Sweat on this season on 14:47 - Dec 23 with 744 viewsAshleyCCFC

Sweat on this season on 14:45 - Dec 23 by Jackanapes

crystal palace, sunderland, fulham, newcastle. This thread is about Premier league survival. Why would you be including non premier league games in this when the stats have bearing on our league position?

You are involved in the relegation scrap NQAT. Awful side.
Sweat on this season on 14:48 - Dec 23 with 747 viewswaynekerr55

Sweat on this season on 14:47 - Dec 23 by AshleyCCFC

There he is

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Sweat on this season on 14:49 - Dec 23 with 744 viewsJackanapes

Sweat on this season on 14:47 - Dec 23 by AshleyCCFC

Ignored

Sweat on this season on 14:49 - Dec 23 with 736 viewsAshleyCCFC

Sweat on this season on 14:49 - Dec 23 by Jackanapes

Ignored

Merry Christmas
Sweat on this season on 14:56 - Dec 23 with 721 viewscontroversial_jack

Sweat on this season on 14:45 - Dec 23 by Jackanapes

It's about current form, mate.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024