Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans 17:00 - Dec 28 with 4847 viewsOldjack

SCOTT Sinclair has accused Swansea City fans of having "short memories" after they booed him at West Brom.

Swansea's 2011 play-off final hero was jeered by sections of the visiting support when Michael Laudrup's men won 2-0 at The Hawthorns back in September.

Sinclair was a huge success during two seasons at the Liberty, scoring 27 goals in 2010-11 to help Swansea into the Premier League and then netting another eight times as they survived in the following campaign.

The wideman scored his last senior goal under Laudrup at the start of last season before joining Manchester City in a £6.2 million deal.

When asked about the Swansea fans' hostile reaction to him, Sinclair said: "I really don’t know why they booed me, I’d obviously left and they wanted me to stay.

"Some fans have short memories, they don’t realise what you did for the club and understand why you left.

"Sometimes your decisions don’t work out but it was quite a shame some of the Swansea fans did it.

"I was so happy for them when they won the League Cup this year and I loved every minute of my time there.

"I got some stick and I’m sure when we go to the Liberty I'll get booed again but I'm just focused on doing well for Albion and getting back to the level I was at with Swansea."

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 17:24 - Dec 28 with 3585 viewsDarran

F*ck him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 17:46 - Dec 28 with 3474 viewslovejuicejack

If its anything like DG visit back here he will be lauded upon his return
West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 17:47 - Dec 28 with 3458 viewsItchySphincter

Dull tw@t, what did he expect? It's bound to rankle with them a bit but when an interviewer sets them up for it, 45 grand a week says they should have the sense to laugh it off.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:01 - Dec 28 with 3060 viewsQuakerJack

We rescued his career and he took his money and went knowing he'd sit on their bench. He's a greedy tw@t who deserves every jeer he gets.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:07 - Dec 28 with 3034 viewsFergal

He's bang on.
West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:12 - Dec 28 with 3008 viewsDarran

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:07 - Dec 28 by Fergal

He's bang on.

I'm not sure if he is or not to be honest.
Im of the opinion if he didn't want to play for us he can f*ck off,I'd rather completely ignore him than boo him though.

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:16 - Dec 28 with 2986 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

When I see Frank Lampard getting a warm round of applause from an alarmingly-substantial section of our support when he came on for Chelsea a couple of days ago - a player who, to be fair, did utterly f*ck all for us, you have to wonder why Sinclair, who played a humongous part in us being a Premiership team, gets booed.

I'm not concerned about SS. Couldn't give a sh*t about him or anything he has to say, but just have to juxtaposition the two incidents. SS booed, Lampard applauded. Same set of fans. Just sayin like.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:17 - Dec 28 with 2984 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He was the stand out player in perhaps our most important season in the history of the club. Without him we would not be where we are today. I see no reason why it is fine to boo and jeer Sinclair while we happily clap players Graham who contributed not nearly as much as Sinclair.

Yes he left for the money. Who wouldn't? He was not a local lad. He has the same affiliation to Swansea as the rest of us do to Hull. Would you leave Hull to triple your wages at the Champions of England? Of course you would.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:21 - Dec 28 with 2962 viewsJBT95

I went to the WBA away game.

What an utter disgrace to SCFC you are if you booed or jeered at Scott Sinclair. Without his goals we would not be in the Premier League. Anybody with half a brain can see that.

Who cares if he left, he's never said anything bad about the club and we don't really miss him.

I'll happily give him a reception similar to that of Danny Graham.
West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:21 - Dec 28 with 2960 viewsLohengrin

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:17 - Dec 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He was the stand out player in perhaps our most important season in the history of the club. Without him we would not be where we are today. I see no reason why it is fine to boo and jeer Sinclair while we happily clap players Graham who contributed not nearly as much as Sinclair.

Yes he left for the money. Who wouldn't? He was not a local lad. He has the same affiliation to Swansea as the rest of us do to Hull. Would you leave Hull to triple your wages at the Champions of England? Of course you would.

Yes indeed. Spot on.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:23 - Dec 28 with 2945 viewsDarran

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:16 - Dec 28 by FearOfAJackPlanet

When I see Frank Lampard getting a warm round of applause from an alarmingly-substantial section of our support when he came on for Chelsea a couple of days ago - a player who, to be fair, did utterly f*ck all for us, you have to wonder why Sinclair, who played a humongous part in us being a Premiership team, gets booed.

I'm not concerned about SS. Couldn't give a sh*t about him or anything he has to say, but just have to juxtaposition the two incidents. SS booed, Lampard applauded. Same set of fans. Just sayin like.

Well yeah but we do have some stupid f*ckers following us.

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:36 - Dec 28 with 2907 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:23 - Dec 28 by Darran

Well yeah but we do have some stupid f*ckers following us.

True, but you gotta love 'em, crazy jack bastards

Enjoying the next level

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:48 - Dec 28 with 2871 viewsSwanseajill

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:36 - Dec 28 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Scott Sinclair? It's common practice to boo the opposition isn't it?
West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:51 - Dec 28 with 2856 viewsDarran

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:36 - Dec 28 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Seriously though I don't have a problem with the clapping of someone like Danny Graham for instance if you get the opportunity of a substitution if you get my drift like.
Other than that it's ignore from me.

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:52 - Dec 28 with 2851 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:48 - Dec 28 by Swanseajill

Scott Sinclair? It's common practice to boo the opposition isn't it?

Not when they're famous, like Lampard/Giggs. Apparently it's ok to cheer them onto the pitch as they try to take points away from us, coz they been in Hello magazine an' stuff innit.

Enjoying the next level

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:55 - Dec 28 with 2836 viewsSwanseajill

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:52 - Dec 28 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Not when they're famous, like Lampard/Giggs. Apparently it's ok to cheer them onto the pitch as they try to take points away from us, coz they been in Hello magazine an' stuff innit.

Exactly
West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 09:16 - Dec 29 with 2521 viewsWhiterockin

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:21 - Dec 28 by JBT95

I went to the WBA away game.

What an utter disgrace to SCFC you are if you booed or jeered at Scott Sinclair. Without his goals we would not be in the Premier League. Anybody with half a brain can see that.

Who cares if he left, he's never said anything bad about the club and we don't really miss him.

I'll happily give him a reception similar to that of Danny Graham.

Jeering, booing and banter will always be a part of football, there is nothing wrong with it. The back on the bench song was hilarious and demonstrated the point we were trying to make perfectly.
West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 10:09 - Dec 29 with 2414 viewsNeath_Jack

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 09:16 - Dec 29 by Whiterockin

Jeering, booing and banter will always be a part of football, there is nothing wrong with it. The back on the bench song was hilarious and demonstrated the point we were trying to make perfectly.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

There's only one greedy b@stard.......

ANY ex player that returns to the liberty is fair game. I know, let's politely clap him, or throw some rose petals in front of him is it? Jesus christ some of the whoppers around today would have sh1t themselves being at the Vetch. I want to do anything i can to put off every single opposition player that comes here to try and beat us.

You lot can carry on though.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 10:11 - Dec 29 with 2397 viewsRancid

I think some fans just boo for the sake of it without realizing the big picture.He was pretty poor for us in our first season up here so we sold him for 7.2 million.The End.
West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 11:03 - Dec 29 with 2316 viewsChief

typical thick as mince footballer type quotes. great player for us, and i'd have a player of his skills back tomorrow, but what does he expect us to do?

All this they forgot what I did for Swansea ballux, too many forget what they owe Swansea city. we give people chances, without which, people like Rodgers, Martinez and Sinclair would be floundering in obscurity like they were before we rescued them.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 11:05 - Dec 29 with 2297 viewsperchrockjack

He wont be truly upset though will he.
We were just employers of him during which he met a young lady with huge waps and no doubt they enjoyed looking at each other

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 11:14 - Dec 29 with 2270 viewsShins

I guess that we've moved on but Scotty hasn't really progressed since our promotion season.
Was great for us until we got promoted and then he got found out a bit by Premier League full backs. Kick him early and he won't bother you for the rest of the match.....

Sadly, when he went, it was good for us and not so good for him. His decision at the end of the day.
Good player though, just needs to step up and get his career back on track instead of dwelling on the past.

#ISTAYFORTHE90

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 11:43 - Dec 29 with 2205 viewsStanners

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 22:16 - Dec 28 by FearOfAJackPlanet

100% spot on

Frank Lampard only played a few games for us and did nothing special but when we have played at Stamford Bridge our fans sing his name throughout the game

SS11 on the other hand did more for this club that Lampard did and played his part in helping the club get to The Premier League but his booed by our fans

Some will be ok by it, some won't and that's fine but I for one find it strange

Like you and Daz I couldn't care less what happens to SS but just find it strange that a player who did nowt for this club gets a better reception than SS
West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 11:51 - Dec 29 with 2174 viewsWhiterockin

Lampard was never our player. Sinclair was and he fecked off for the money. That is the difference.

Lampard has gone on to better things, Sinclair's career has gone downhill since he left us.

Karma.
West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 11:52 - Dec 29 with 2169 viewsJoe_bradshaw

West Brom's Scott Sinclair critical of Swansea City fans on 11:03 - Dec 29 by Chief

typical thick as mince footballer type quotes. great player for us, and i'd have a player of his skills back tomorrow, but what does he expect us to do?

All this they forgot what I did for Swansea ballux, too many forget what they owe Swansea city. we give people chances, without which, people like Rodgers, Martinez and Sinclair would be floundering in obscurity like they were before we rescued them.

It's a two-way street. We were great for them and they shouldn't forget that. They were great for us and we shouldn't forget that either.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024