Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor 02:23 - Jan 17 with 6338 viewsRough_Edges

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2540911/Fulham-considering-3m-

Fulham are keen on Swansea left back Neil Taylor and could offer £3million for the 24-year-old.

Manager Rene Meulensteen, however, is considering Sporting Lisbon’s Marcos Rojo, 23, as a loan alternative.

The future of John Arne Riise has been uncertain for some time, and Taylor's arrival could push him closer to leaving. Meulensteen also wants to add goals to his team, and hopes to sign Livorno striker Paulinho on loan.

_____

For 3 million they can stick it IMO.
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 13:13 - Jan 17 with 1605 viewsUxbridge

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 12:03 - Jan 17 by WarwickHunt

Yes.

If Tiendalli played like Ben did on Sunday there'd be a five pager slagging him off.
Ben is the better player for me but I think he needs a break.

Nutshell. Only to be expected he'd hit the wall at some point. A month or so out of the firing line will do him the world of good.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 13:26 - Jan 17 with 1583 viewsPlasticman

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 12:01 - Jan 17 by JJJack

I agree. £3m for a player that is effectively a reserve fullback is good dollar. I'd prefer to keep him but I think SCFC would find it difficult to turn down a bid of around £3m. No way on God's earth we'd get £6m for him.....people aren't looking at actual prices for full-backs...along with Keepers they are by a distance the cheapest players to buy.

Considering how thin and injury stricken our squad is, I think SCFC will find it very easy to to turn down such a bid.

Also, the writing between the lines, when reading Huws statements, is that one day he hopes we can compete at the highest level (meaning for CL spots). You need quality all over the team to keep rising, so your comment about values tied to 'reserve positions' seems out of context in this regard. Especially when you start considering the heavy rotations Laudrup seem to use all the time where everyone seems to get plenty of gametime.

Plastic since 2012

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 13:28 - Jan 17 with 1579 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He's British, fairly young, very capable of playing either on the left or right and is actually a very capable player. If we were to go out and sign somebody of that criteria, we would be looking at £7,000,000 minimum, and that is being hopeful. I can't see us selling unless the offer is in the region of £10,000,000 or above.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 13:37 - Jan 17 with 1555 views_Kieran

I wasn't slagging off Ben I really like him ...

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 13:38 - Jan 17 with 1552 viewsperchrockjack

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 12:48 - Jan 17 by 2face

"...I'm thinking of taking my boots to the Spurs game just in case!!..."

Like that West Ham fan Harry Redknapp brought on against Oxford

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/05/harry-redknapp-played-fan-w

We re on the bones of our arses so I d have thought letting any player right now to be madness.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 13:44 - Jan 17 with 1534 views_Kieran

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 12:03 - Jan 17 by WarwickHunt

Yes.

If Tiendalli played like Ben did on Sunday there'd be a five pager slagging him off.
Ben is the better player for me but I think he needs a break.

Too right.

EDIT - Regarding Ben's performance.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 13:45]

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 13:52 - Jan 17 with 1518 views_Kieran

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 09:11 - Jan 17 by Zut_Alors

I didn't think Taylor had that good a game at Old Trafford anyway. He got skinned a couple of times and was diving in all over the place. He was good but not great. While Ben has had a few poorer games, he's also been arguably one of the few players to play at a consistently high level this season, and he offers a goal threat, too. He's number one for me.

He didn't get done by Valencia once, he got done initially a couple of times by Januzaj (Who doesn't?) then used his pace and tackling ability to recover the situation(s)

Meanwhile he didn't give away one needless foul and he rarely if ever gave possession away, in complete contrast to our right back that day Dwight Tiendalli who had the much easier task yet still managed to put us under constant pressure (When the rest of the team were playing well) by conceding absolutely needless fouls as if he was up against CR7 and giving the ball away constantly, not to mention his p!ss poor reading of the game in general.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 13:58]

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 13:55 - Jan 17 with 1502 views_Kieran

It's not Ben Davies I'm concerned about he's a tidy enough player everyone has a few bad games but I'm more mystified as to why he can't get a look in at right back when Rangel isn't available ahead of Tiendalli who is a constant mare without fail.

Login to get fewer ads

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 13:58 - Jan 17 with 1493 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 13:55 - Jan 17 by _Kieran

It's not Ben Davies I'm concerned about he's a tidy enough player everyone has a few bad games but I'm more mystified as to why he can't get a look in at right back when Rangel isn't available ahead of Tiendalli who is a constant mare without fail.

It's because Tiendali is a 'Laudrup Player'. Just like Luke Moore could not get in ahead of the Israeli superstar that is Itay Schetcher, despite proving to be a very decent backup / impact substitute in the Premier League with us.

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 14:11 - Jan 17 with 1474 viewsPlasticman

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 13:58 - Jan 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It's because Tiendali is a 'Laudrup Player'. Just like Luke Moore could not get in ahead of the Israeli superstar that is Itay Schetcher, despite proving to be a very decent backup / impact substitute in the Premier League with us.

I think it's more that if he uses Neil as RB with Ben as LB, then if he wants to rest the LB for the next game, who should he put there?

Theoretically he could put Dwight on LB, but then he would still be a rested player short on RB (given that we were talking about when Rangel was not available).

Laudrup isn't planning for just one game at a time.

Plastic since 2012

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 14:16 - Jan 17 with 1467 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 14:11 - Jan 17 by Plasticman

I think it's more that if he uses Neil as RB with Ben as LB, then if he wants to rest the LB for the next game, who should he put there?

Theoretically he could put Dwight on LB, but then he would still be a rested player short on RB (given that we were talking about when Rangel was not available).

So you're telling me that he is drastically weakening our right hand side all because he's worried that Ben may get a little too tired for the following game? I can't see that I'm sorry. If fit, the best player should always be picked. It's not as if we're sitting in the top half of the table looking down on the teams in the relegation battle below. We are 4 points off the bottom of the table, have the worst form out of every team in the league, a huge injury list and it is the middle of January. We have to sort ourselves out and soon.

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 14:16 - Jan 17 with 1467 viewsDull1Thomas

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 13:58 - Jan 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Tiendalli is no where near as poor as is made out. Not much to choose between him and Taylor except he's naturally right footed and is a better in attack.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 14:18 - Jan 17 with 1465 views_Kieran

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 14:11 - Jan 17 by Plasticman

Dwight Tiendalli is sh!te LB or RB it doesn't really matter the way he's playing you'd think he had a massive wedge on us to get relegated.

One minute he's playing Basketball then the next he's bombing forward with 30 seconds to go in games which we're winning in.

Oh and his deliveries into the box are no better than Neil Taylor's when he was actually given a chance to do so, worse in my opinion.

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 14:23 - Jan 17 with 1460 views_Kieran

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 14:16 - Jan 17 by Dull1Thomas

Tiendalli is no where near as poor as is made out. Not much to choose between him and Taylor except he's naturally right footed and is a better in attack.

I couldn't disagree more regarding that there's not much to choose between him and Taylor. Go on, make a list of Tiendalli's positive attributes he's even slow as f*ck (in mind and body)

And what evidence is there that he is better in attack than Neil Taylor, his crossing is consistently sh1te and usually gives the ball away before we even get into potential crossing situations, he's also f*cked up more potential tap in's than I can care to remember.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 14:24]

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 15:07 - Jan 17 with 1423 viewsZut_Alors

Tiendalli has been slated on here since his first few games back with us. He's actually been pretty solid, nothing spectacular, but I can't see why he gets the stick he does; his one somewhat infuriating habit of stopping near the edge of the 18 yard box notwithstanding — though i wouldn't be surprised if that was a Laudrup instruction.

For what it's worth, I really like Taylor. He was outstanding in our first season and has had a few good games this season, but the call for him to be at right back when the only time any of us have seen him play there was during the Olympics, and I bet a lot didn't even watch those games, is a strange one. He's had a nightmare injury, we need to bed him back in to his favoured position before we can think about moving him.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 15:16]
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 15:18 - Jan 17 with 1373 views_Kieran

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 15:07 - Jan 17 by Zut_Alors

Tiendalli has been slated on here since his first few games back with us. He's actually been pretty solid, nothing spectacular, but I can't see why he gets the stick he does; his one somewhat infuriating habit of stopping near the edge of the 18 yard box notwithstanding — though i wouldn't be surprised if that was a Laudrup instruction.

For what it's worth, I really like Taylor. He was outstanding in our first season and has had a few good games this season, but the call for him to be at right back when the only time any of us have seen him play there was during the Olympics, and I bet a lot didn't even watch those games, is a strange one. He's had a nightmare injury, we need to bed him back in to his favoured position before we can think about moving him.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 15:16]

But he didn't just play at RB he was one of the stand out players in that team! (At RB!)

Played about 100x better than Giggs did during that tournament likewise the man he was moved out of position for (Danny Rose)

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 15:25 - Jan 17 with 1363 viewspencoedjack

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 12:01 - Jan 17 by JJJack

I agree. £3m for a player that is effectively a reserve fullback is good dollar. I'd prefer to keep him but I think SCFC would find it difficult to turn down a bid of around £3m. No way on God's earth we'd get £6m for him.....people aren't looking at actual prices for full-backs...along with Keepers they are by a distance the cheapest players to buy.

If full backs are so cheap how come Luke Shaw fee is being touted at 20 million plus ?

IMO and for once I can honestly say even with my rose tinted Swans specs on, he is not as good as Ben.

Probably cos he English like
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 15:31 - Jan 17 with 1355 viewsZut_Alors

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 15:18 - Jan 17 by _Kieran

But he didn't just play at RB he was one of the stand out players in that team! (At RB!)

Played about 100x better than Giggs did during that tournament likewise the man he was moved out of position for (Danny Rose)

The tournament was made up largely of U21 players and that's a totally different standard altogether. Vasquez won the Euro U21 with Spain last year, and he's looked totally out of his depth in the Premier League. It may be that Taylor could do a good job at right back, and if Laudrup wanted to try him out there, i wouldn't object, but the certainty which some call for him to play there ahead of Tiendalli mirrors the way people see Ki as the answer to all our problems. Perhaps the grass is always greener and we imagine players being more equipped to play in untested positions than they are.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 15:32]
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 15:40 - Jan 17 with 1344 viewsJokeren1943

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 14:18 - Jan 17 by _Kieran

Dwight Tiendalli is sh!te LB or RB it doesn't really matter the way he's playing you'd think he had a massive wedge on us to get relegated.

One minute he's playing Basketball then the next he's bombing forward with 30 seconds to go in games which we're winning in.

Oh and his deliveries into the box are no better than Neil Taylor's when he was actually given a chance to do so, worse in my opinion.

Agree Tiendalli is a very good player.

Took a little while to get in match shape again. But is atleast just as good as our other backs.

Clearly much more experienced then Taylor and Davies.
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 15:44 - Jan 17 with 1338 views_Kieran

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 15:40 - Jan 17 by Jokeren1943

Agree Tiendalli is a very good player.

Took a little while to get in match shape again. But is atleast just as good as our other backs.

Clearly much more experienced then Taylor and Davies.

I doubt Tiendalli's old man could even describe him as a "very good player" with a straight face. (Relative to the league we play in...)

Yeah he's more experienced, more experienced at being crap.

Perhaps you don't see the way he constantly goes walkabout whilst watching on TV?

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 15:54 - Jan 17 with 1329 viewsDrizzy

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 15:44 - Jan 17 by _Kieran

I doubt Tiendalli's old man could even describe him as a "very good player" with a straight face. (Relative to the league we play in...)

Yeah he's more experienced, more experienced at being crap.

Perhaps you don't see the way he constantly goes walkabout whilst watching on TV?

Innit. Seems like you don't have to do much on a football pitch for a few numpties to label you as "solid".

He's painfully mediocre and doesn't offer a lot going forward which is frustrating because when he actually gets in the box, with the help of a comical deflection or two, he can nab a goal and actually contribute.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 15:56 - Jan 17 with 1319 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 15:54 - Jan 17 by Drizzy

Innit. Seems like you don't have to do much on a football pitch for a few numpties to label you as "solid".

He's painfully mediocre and doesn't offer a lot going forward which is frustrating because when he actually gets in the box, with the help of a comical deflection or two, he can nab a goal and actually contribute.

His finish against Wigan was sublime. Kicking the ball into the ground, knowing it would then bounce over the keeper and the defender who had dived to the ground to block it. Pure genius.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024