Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday evening 30th October. All aboard for the long-awaited 237 Derby.. 07:32 - Sep 1 with 2885 views18StoneOfHoop

..take the romantic scenic route from Shepherd's Bush Green to Kew Bridge before walking up Green Dragon Lane..
Prior to 1962 and the end of electrified trolley-buses you could catch the 657 doing a pretty similar route.Check this ace video out complete with rip-snorting blinding soundtrack "Shouting lager,lager,lager!"
(The video really starts getting sexy @ 1:49)

Really looking forward to this as much as any match this season. Anyone work with or have Bees pals with their perspective on things? Anyone peruse their boards? Was Ron Gould,or any other LFW elder,there at HQ on the first day of the 1965/66 season when they tonked us 6-1? Yet were relegated that same season.

Apologies for now sticking up a couple or three videos I've bunged up on LFW a few times before, repeats that I always think of and smile when thinking about this showdown:
Never celebrated an R's goal so much - except OBZ 24/5/14,of course - bundling from the back of the Ealing Rd terrace to the front before you could shout "Buuuuuurrrrrrrccccchhhhhhh..."

Have you ever been less scared of any other team's fans? Here's the leader of their camp..and when I say 'camp', I mean it!

Unfortunately only 1600 or so tickets will be available in the double-decker away stand I would have thought. Will be Live on Sky though..so if you can't get a ticket,it might well be a good craic watching it in a nearby boozer.

Is Clive, the Northern Jessie, still reinforced brown trousers 'frit' at the prospect of getting stuffed by the Bees?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 7:52]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Friday evening 30th October. All aboard for the long-awaited 237 Derby.. on 07:47 - Sep 1 with 2833 viewsGetMeRangers

What a wonderful few days of football in prospect. Slightly torn as to whether this or the Richard Keogh Memorial match four days later is the more exciting. Bloody well hope I get tickets to the former. Delighted it is an evening KO. Been offered seats in the Bees end, but just cant fathom that

Will that be enough time for the voice to recover to sing "Oh Bobby Zamora" "We only had ten men, we only had one shot" "One Richard Keogh" etc

Might take a break from work for recovery time
Friday evening 30th October. All aboard for the long-awaited 237 Derby.. on 08:30 - Sep 1 with 2737 viewsRed_Ranger

Friday evening 30th October. All aboard for the long-awaited 237 Derby.. on 07:47 - Sep 1 by GetMeRangers

What a wonderful few days of football in prospect. Slightly torn as to whether this or the Richard Keogh Memorial match four days later is the more exciting. Bloody well hope I get tickets to the former. Delighted it is an evening KO. Been offered seats in the Bees end, but just cant fathom that

Will that be enough time for the voice to recover to sing "Oh Bobby Zamora" "We only had ten men, we only had one shot" "One Richard Keogh" etc

Might take a break from work for recovery time

Wasn't it the 199?
Friday evening 30th October. All aboard for the long-awaited 237 Derby.. on 08:55 - Sep 1 with 2703 viewsWilloW4

How quiet was it around Shepherd's Bush green back in the day on the trolley bus video...and not of winos.. Good to watch that videos, cheers for posting 18 stone.
Friday evening 30th October. All aboard for the long-awaited 237 Derby.. on 08:57 - Sep 1 with 2698 viewsWilloW4

Friday evening 30th October. All aboard for the long-awaited 237 Derby.. on 08:55 - Sep 1 by WilloW4

How quiet was it around Shepherd's Bush green back in the day on the trolley bus video...and not of winos.. Good to watch that videos, cheers for posting 18 stone.

..(and not full of winos).
Friday evening 30th October. All aboard for the long-awaited 237 Derby.. on 09:02 - Sep 1 with 2675 views18StoneOfHoop

Friday evening 30th October. All aboard for the long-awaited 237 Derby.. on 08:57 - Sep 1 by WilloW4

..(and not full of winos).

..there's been tramps and winos on SBG since at least 1850.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Friday evening 30th October. All aboard for the long-awaited 237 Derby.. on 10:59 - Sep 1 with 2564 viewsisawqpratwcity

Cheers for that, 18st. Only a nipper, I can remember the wires but not the trolleybuses!

More evocative, though, was the soundtrack. Brought back a lot of memories. Wow!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Friday evening 30th October. All aboard for the long-awaited 237 Derby.. on 12:53 - Sep 1 with 2463 viewsbatmanhoop

would you say London has changed much?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024