Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dual Strategy Required Now... 23:55 - Dec 30 with 243 viewscoolranger

I think after today's defeat, and especially the manner of it (being completely outplayed basically), the best option is probably to try and bring in or bring back players who are also likely to be prepared to battle to success for a season in the Championship, in the very likely event that we are relegated.

No point panicking now, we are almost beyond that. Better to calmly rebuild a squad that a) will hopefully at least begin to get us some results, even if they prove not enough to keep us up and b) give us a more positive run at what I would hope could be a successful "one off" season in the Championship, before we bounce back to the Premier League with a squad that does not get completely overhauled again. Hopefully we have learnt that lesson now.

Actually, if the club really has learnt their lessons on player recruitment now, then perhaps in a few years we can look back and see a silver lining to the clouds hanging over Rangers at the moment.

Every time I think of what a mess "Team Hughes" made of their opportunity, it just leaves me bewildered and angry. They have walked away with a king's ransom, spent a fortune and left the club with a mighty mess to unravel. The only damage to them is perhaps to their reputations, which will have taken a knock, although I'm sure some star struck Chairman somewhere will hire them within a year.

I heard from a Fulham mate that Hughes didn't even travel with the team when he was with them, preferring to travel independently. Never observed someone in football with such an inflated sense of their own value and abilities - he hasn't really done anything significant with any of the sides he has managed.

I also think the tight relationship between Hughes and Joorabachian (super agent) is potentially a massive conflict of interest, or maybe not...., perhaps it was in all their interests?

£6.5 million in agents fees for those players ....and he is Hughes' agent too....?
Dual Strategy Required Now... on 23:59 - Dec 30 with 218 viewsjonno

"Football manager, agent and players take naive wealthy Club owner and board for millions of pounds". No, that never happens in football.

Dual Strategy Required Now... on 00:02 - Dec 31 with 208 viewsibnumber10

I'd be surprised if MH got another opportunity again to do what he did here, any club who takes him on will be mad
Mind you I'd like to see him bring his next club to LR, the place will be rocking
Dual Strategy Required Now... on 00:24 - Dec 31 with 177 viewscoolranger

Dual Strategy Required Now... on 00:02 - Dec 31 by ibnumber10

I'd be surprised if MH got another opportunity again to do what he did here, any club who takes him on will be mad
Mind you I'd like to see him bring his next club to LR, the place will be rocking

I think if or when he comes back here it could be a very nasty atmosphere.

He doesn't help himself. The guy doesn't seem to have any concept of how negatively he is perceived - cold, aloof, unsmiling, self-righteous etc...and then all the classic quotes.....

"we will never be in this situation again on my watch" (post Man City)

"we prepare our sides meticulously for every game"

"we didn't see that performance coming..." (after Southampton)

Frankly he should be extremely embarrassed by what a mess they made of their time at QPR. What more could they have got wrong?
Dual Strategy Required Now... on 00:31 - Dec 31 with 160 viewscoolranger

Dual Strategy Required Now... on 23:59 - Dec 30 by jonno

"Football manager, agent and players take naive wealthy Club owner and board for millions of pounds". No, that never happens in football.

Well you have to say that TF needs to question some of his own judgement, after all he has made some big calls these last eighteen months or so, and most have not worked.

That said, he does not deserve to have been let down quite as badly as he has been by management and players. What has unfolded at Rangers recently just underlines the wholly unacceptable levels of risk that the clubs seem to have to take re contracts and players wages, agents fees and transfer fees.

How can we live with a situation where you can hire a whole management team on a 3-4 year contract on huge money, and then ......within a year you have to fire them for massively under achieving, and of course pay them all off again. It stinks.

One could argue Hughes was incompetent or even negligent in some of his transfer dealings. Too close to that agent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024