Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Late point-saving / winning goals 08:02 - Mar 18 with 330 viewsstuabd

In our championship winning season, we gained a lot of points relatively from late goals in the last 10 minutes or even later than that. Even last season, we managed to grab some late goals to earn vital points. This season has been unbelievable.

As bad as we've been for the most part, if we'd just scrambled a couple of late goals we'd be in a much better position. I can't think of one late goal in the league that we've scored to get a draw or a win. I know we got one in the cup with Dyer but I think that's it apart from jenas' one last week when we were already winning.

Reading, Wigan, Southampton and villa (agghhhh) have all managed some late goals.

Surely, we are due some last minute goals. Hopefully, we can really turn this around and get that momentum back.
Late point-saving / winning goals on 11:33 - Mar 18 with 288 viewsTacticalR

The Championship promotion team had the ability to soak up punishment, and that's actually a great skill. It's the reason why a team can appear to play badly and still win. That, coupled with the ability of Taarabt and Helguson to get a goal out of nothing got us over the line many times.

Under Hughes we completely lost the ability to hang on and get over the line. OK, Villa away was a bad result given the circumstances, but at least away at Southampton we showed we could get over the line.

Air hostess clique

Late point-saving / winning goals on 11:48 - Mar 18 with 276 viewsqueensparker

It's a real shame that that last second shot from Clint at Villa didn't burst the net. Would have been an epic moment and made a huge difference to morale...

But it didn't
Late point-saving / winning goals on 12:28 - Mar 18 with 249 viewsPeterHucker

Teams that have a lot of fight and team spirit and never-say-die attitude get a lot of late or last minute goals.
See Holloway's QPR team or Warnock's or most of Fergie's Man U teams of the last 20 years. People say United are lucky, they're not, they just keep on going until the last minute (I still hate em though)
See also the Don Howe / Gerry Francis era at QPR when we frequently would go a goal down early on in home games but then come back to get a win or draw. United have gained 27 points from losing positions this season, 9 times they've been behind and gone on to win. Conversely, they've never lost a game in which they've been ahead. Now I know it's ridiculous to compare us to United but just because they have better players, why does that mean that they also have more fight in them?
Our team now doesn't have much of that fight and team spirit which is why we don't get many late goals. For most games this season (arguably not at Villa though), we've gone behind and not really looked like getting it back.
See the Points Gained and Points Lost section at the bottom of this page.
http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/teams/QueensPkRan.html
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024