Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oct 18 1980 who remembers? 18:21 - Oct 18 with 1511 viewsWalnut

Derby away, Terry Venables first game, 3 1 down with 10 to go, drew 3 3. ITV showed the highlights
Oct 18 1980 who remembers? on 19:28 - Oct 18 with 1443 viewsstansleftfoot

Oct 18 1980 who remembers? on 19:41 - Oct 18 with 1426 viewssmegma

I used to love the Baseball Ground but not the walk back to the car/coaches. I believe our coach got bricked after this particular game.
Oct 18 1980 who remembers? on 08:08 - Oct 19 with 1286 viewsDWQPR

Remember his first home game against Oldham when we were lucky to draw 2-2, with the defence terrorised by Simon Stainrod, the following week Venables went out and signed him and started the work that produced the team that went on to the cup final, won Division Two the following season and in its first season back in Division One finished fifth and if you look at the league table not that far away from being champions. This team was never as celebrated as the 75-76 who were without doubt the best team we ever had but

Hucker
Fenwick
Roeder
Wicks
Gillard
Micklewhite
Gregory
Waddock
Flanagan
Allen
Stainrod

Weren't a bad side and with the back up of the likes of Neill, Dawes, MacDonald, Fereday, Hazell it was a very good squad. Shame that Tony Currie was getting too old and crippled with injuries. And with a good number of players that came from the youth team it was a great time to be a QPR supporter. It was a shame that Barca came knocking for Venables as he would have led us to the football league championship without doubt.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Oct 18 1980 who remembers? on 08:28 - Oct 19 with 1281 viewsbatmanhoop

Oct 18 1980 who remembers? on 19:41 - Oct 18 by smegma

I used to love the Baseball Ground but not the walk back to the car/coaches. I believe our coach got bricked after this particular game.

a fella I worked with went to the cup game in the early 70's. They put in the back window of the coach he was on. SaId he nigh on froze to death on the way home. He never did away games after that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024