Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Honest opinion asked.. (NON QPR) 12:08 - Mar 20 with 1405 viewsPey

My GF is taking up the idea of writing.

Here is a story she did, let me know what you make of it.
All replies and remarks are very welcome as long as they are of a serious note.

Thanks in advance for reading and judging

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Fish Little Fish

As I have grown up on the Lake Shore of Lake Michigan there has been millions of Stepping stones I have skipped across as I grew into the woman God has created me to be. These Stepping stones were always valuable lessons, and tried not to miss any of them.
I always looked at my grandfather and grandmother and thought they had the most amazing love, and never seen it to many times. They loved each other so very much. They had met at a dance hall on the edge of Spring Lake. They were young than and they didn't know what there future would bring, but they always lived on their love. They didn't have much, they didn't have the money that so many others had, but my grandfather worked very hard to give his family what he could.

Perhaps I learned from them that finances didn't really make you or break you. It didn't define who you were. They found happiness together in what ever they worked on together in life whether it was for the Disabled Veterans, or camping on the many camp grounds across the shores of Michigan. They enjoyed the time they spent together, and what they could create each day as they lived it to the fullest.
They loved the outdoors, and loved traveling and seeing new things. They enjoyed living their lives and always found activities to be involved in. In their later years, they had a hard time adjusting to the fact that their physical bodies just couldn't do it anymore. They were forever young in their hearts.

When my grandmother died first in July I sat next to my grandfather holding his hand because I knew how much he loved my grandmother, and I remember he was thankful to be able to hold my hand at that time. I remember as he looked at me, and said it won't be long, you know I can't live without her. She was his whole life.
The next time I saw him, he was sitting in an activity center room, and I sat next to him, and he said, I miss her, and It will be soon, I'll be with her again. From being a nurse aide I understood I had seen this before a couple can love each other so much, that when one leaves this earth, the other isn't far behind, because there heart is broken with out them. They lived so much together, and they were each other's best friend. They had lived and loved through so much of life whether it was the storms, or the happy calm days.

I loved my Grandfather very much, and listening to him, I understood he would be going soon like he said. I knew he loved fishing, and although he was in a wheel chair and couldn't fish anymore on his own, I took him out of the nursing home and took him fishing for the last time. Fishing was his passion and lived for it. I rolled him up to the guard rail of the Grand River with his wheel chair and cast out his pole. I placed it in his fragile old hands, and he had the biggest smile on his face. He was in slippers, and he didn't care what he looked like. He was on the Grand River fishing. We first caught a big fish that was the ugliest catfish and held the pole as I held it with him and reeled it in. We through it back. Than we kept catching little blue gill. It didn't matter if it was a big fish or little one, he just loved that he was doing the very thing that he loved to do, that he never thought he would be able to do again.

For the rest of his days he rolled down the halls of the nursing home telling anyone who would listen to him that his granddaughter took him fishing. He was very proud and happy that even if he was the weakest in his physical body that someone believed in him and gave him the strength once more to have that experience. Even if the Little Fish had to help the Big Fish once last time to swim along the Grand River.

He was always the Big Fish, and I was always the Little Fish in life. He taught me how to swim in life. He taught me to live on love and no matter what came my way to always remember love could take you through any storm. Like a fish swimming under the lake, there are rocks, trash, poisons that people flood the fresh waters with, there would always be those muddy cloudy days, but you had to swim through it even if you can't see a thing. There would be days when the sun would shine down through the water where you could see the bottom clearly and see things without anything obstructing your visibility.
There would be days that the waves would be rolling and roaring, pulling you under and dragging you across the sandy floor, but always the storms that rolled in causing these enormous waves would sometimes make you cross in different directions of your life, but you had to learn to swim in the same direction as the waves. You had to swim with the tide, become a part of it, and glide with the wake. The waves might swallow you up whole, and release you, and other times the water would calm and be very smooth and soft as silk.

Whether you were the Big Fish or the Little Fish, it didn't matter as long as you understood that it wasn't the size that you were, but the strength you had with in yourself. It was whether you would understand that you could either let fear get in the way, or believe and have faith that God would carry you through the roughest and toughest waves without you ever being harmed by them.
My grandfather soon passed away, and I knew he was with my grandmother where he belonged and where he was happy once more. He had to leave his granddaughter behind, but he taught her well to live on unconditional love.

all rights reserved Hattiemattiemae 2011 ©

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024