Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clutching at straws 12:14 - May 4 with 1007 viewsrongould

In The Guardian sports pages today there was a short piece saying that it has been announced that the dates of the Play Off semis and final have not been changed. It was said that this would give enough time for any appeal.

"Play-offs untouched

The disciplinary commission into the alleged irregularities involved in Queens Park Rangers' signing of Alejandro Faurlín will not delay the Championship play-off final. How could it after the Football Association has had to pay compensation to the Football League once already after shifting the date of its Wembley showpiece in favour of Uefa's Champions League final? The play-off final will take place on 30 May — fully three working weeks after the commission delivers its verdict this Friday, and ample time to hear any appeal that may arise in the event of the panel finding against QPR. Indeed it is perhaps telling as to how the in camera commission hearing is proceeding that there were strong suggestions yesterday that even the semi-finals, beginning next Thursday, will not be rescheduled either. "

IMHO it wouldn't, therefore I think that in not changing these dates the powers that be have pretty much decided not to dock points.

If they have decided to dock points it won't be enough to affect the play offs.

So I'm living the next few days in the knowledge that we are going up, whether as champions or not I don't really care.

However the same piece in the paper told me that Arsenal are putting up their ticket prices by 6.5%. That is not good news.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024