Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup - Stay or Go? 17:07 - Jan 19 with 14411 viewseastbanker

After today I would not be sorry if Laudrup went at the end of the season. Whilst I admit that selecting a team for today was always going to be difficult given our injuries, the reluctance to change things around during the game was nothing short of criminal. When you are 3 - 0 down at home and you have two strikers on the bench it would be rank stupidity not to throw one on to attempt to influence the result. I know that many people do not see Vazquez as the answer but Rory Donnelly could have been given half an hour to prove himself. We were going to lose anyway so whats wrong with taking a gamble. Since Laudrup has taken over we have lost our tempo, at best we are pedestrian and predictable. His insistence on getting our wide men to tuck inside has hindered our attacking players as there is less room in which to operate. Why did Pozuelo stay on the pitch for 90 minutes when he was guilty of giving away possession time and time again. Add the fact that it would seem that, despite injuries to 9 first team players, we don't look like strengthening in this transfer window, life as a Swans fan is far from easy at the moment.
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:08 - Jan 19 with 6720 viewspansypants

He has his favourites and is too stubborn to give others a chance

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:09 - Jan 19 with 6705 viewsunion_jack

I think that he may have been protecting the goal difference at that time. There was no way we were going to come back from 3 down. The GD may be the extra point we need at the end if the season.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:09 - Jan 19 with 6697 viewsSwanfan1

Yea lets play with 2 strikers, and get stuffed 6-0 by Tottenham that would really help going into next game.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:12 - Jan 19 with 6679 viewseastbanker

So being stuffed 3 - 0 is ok? If Tottenham hadn't been so wasteful in front of goal it could have been 6 or 7. There again another Swans striker could have made it 3 - 2 or even forced a draw. You'll never know unless you have a go.
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:17 - Jan 19 with 6632 viewsmacman

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:12 - Jan 19 by eastbanker

So being stuffed 3 - 0 is ok? If Tottenham hadn't been so wasteful in front of goal it could have been 6 or 7. There again another Swans striker could have made it 3 - 2 or even forced a draw. You'll never know unless you have a go.

When you are 3 down and have not won in 7 games, it is important not to lose 0-5! Btw. Bony puts them in, if he gets a real chance. Setting him up is the problem and they are out with injuries.
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:31 - Jan 19 with 6521 viewseastbanker

So by your own argument, once we go 1 - 0 down we just ensure it doesn't become 2,3 , 4 etc, Thats crap! You are suggesting that a manager will not try and rescue a point incase it adversely affects goal difference. If thats Laudrups philosophy we will almost certainly be in a relegation fight to the end of the season. Watching the Chelsea v man Utd game now, United are 3 - 0 down but bring on Hernandez obviously trying to prevent their goal difference getting worse.
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:37 - Jan 19 with 6473 viewsymaohyd

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:09 - Jan 19 by union_jack

I think that he may have been protecting the goal difference at that time. There was no way we were going to come back from 3 down. The GD may be the extra point we need at the end if the season.

Good point and there in lies what the plan at the Swans is. Our goal difference may well keep us up.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:37 - Jan 19 with 6472 viewseastbanker

Well well Man Utd's decision to protect their goal difference has resulted in their substitute striker scoring a goal!
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:40 - Jan 19 with 6450 viewsQuakerJack

History has proven we benefit from fresh management. Fresh ideas etc.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:41 - Jan 19 with 6447 viewsDarran

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:12 - Jan 19 by eastbanker

This is my only criticism of Laudrup today,at 2-0 down with half hour to go what would have been wrong with throwing on Donnelly?
I'd have thrown Donnelly and Vasquez on myself.
Great OP too and I couldn't agree more with you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:44 - Jan 19 with 6417 viewsymaohyd

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:37 - Jan 19 by eastbanker

Well well Man Utd's decision to protect their goal difference has resulted in their substitute striker scoring a goal!

Apart from Bony we have a crap forward line, probably not good enough for League 1! Having a relatively healthy GD is a bit of a an achievement given our league position. I'm astonished with the millions that we have earned, that our front line consists of Vasquez and Donnelly

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:52 - Jan 19 with 6355 viewspaulv2k4

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:31 - Jan 19 by eastbanker

So by your own argument, once we go 1 - 0 down we just ensure it doesn't become 2,3 , 4 etc, Thats crap! You are suggesting that a manager will not try and rescue a point incase it adversely affects goal difference. If thats Laudrups philosophy we will almost certainly be in a relegation fight to the end of the season. Watching the Chelsea v man Utd game now, United are 3 - 0 down but bring on Hernandez obviously trying to prevent their goal difference getting worse.

Yeah i don't get it either, most other managers would throw on a striker when losing. If we continue to "protect our GD" then we will be relegated with a good GD. Points are what matter.

Not sure on him. Took us to League Cup, got us Europa, its amazing to see. This year, weve bought poorly, too many injuries, no desire in some players, too many games, so its a difficult task to take. I just hope we survive.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2014 17:55]
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:53 - Jan 19 with 6348 viewslatchford

I would say he should go now. Tactically inept and messed up not bringing ki back because he was so pig headed.
Get rid or he will take us down
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:54 - Jan 19 with 6324 viewspaulv2k4

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:31 - Jan 19 by eastbanker

... duplicate
[Post edited 19 Jan 2014 17:56]
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:56 - Jan 19 with 6298 viewsDarran

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:53 - Jan 19 by latchford

I would say he should go now. Tactically inept and messed up not bringing ki back because he was so pig headed.
Get rid or he will take us down

Is that being serious Latch,you know the pig headed bit?

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:58 - Jan 19 with 6274 viewslatchford

Yes. So we leave him with a club trying to send us down? The reason being he didn't come back from Korea when Laudrup said. Do u think that's reasonable?
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 18:00 - Jan 19 with 6259 viewsDarran

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:58 - Jan 19 by latchford

Yes. So we leave him with a club trying to send us down? The reason being he didn't come back from Korea when Laudrup said. Do u think that's reasonable?

You're off your f*cking head you are,seriously have you been on the moon or what?

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 18:01 - Jan 19 with 6247 viewslatchford

Why?
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 18:03 - Jan 19 with 6225 viewsDarran

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 18:01 - Jan 19 by latchford

Why?

We can't bring him back it's written in his contract that he had to comeback at Christmas,Laudrup is unlikely to have written the contract.

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 18:05 - Jan 19 with 6207 viewslatchford

Yes I know that. Why on earth was that allowed to happen? Whoever did should be sacked. Don't u think?
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 18:07 - Jan 19 with 6176 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Laudrup will not be with us next season

He will either walk or Jenkins will get rid
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 18:07 - Jan 19 with 6175 viewsDarran

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 18:05 - Jan 19 by latchford

Yes I know that. Why on earth was that allowed to happen? Whoever did should be sacked. Don't u think?

Well perhaps so but I doubt for one minute Laudrup did it.

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 18:07 - Jan 19 with 6161 viewscockneyswan

History will show Michael Laudrup is the most successful manager in the 101 year history of Swansea City, Fact.

Who would he have taken off to bring on Donelly & Vasquez? Leon & Amat? we would have been looking at a Rugby score not a 1-3. Damage limitation is the name of the game at the mo until we get our key players back in "winnable" games.
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 18:08 - Jan 19 with 6158 viewslatchford

Do u not think he was asked if he should come back? Why did he not get off his ass today? I know it's not the be all and end all but it inspires people surely? Everyone knows he is off end of season. Get shot now
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 18:09 - Jan 19 with 6137 viewslatchford

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 18:07 - Jan 19 by cockneyswan

History will show Michael Laudrup is the most successful manager in the 101 year history of Swansea City, Fact.

Who would he have taken off to bring on Donelly & Vasquez? Leon & Amat? we would have been looking at a Rugby score not a 1-3. Damage limitation is the name of the game at the mo until we get our key players back in "winnable" games.

United last week and spurs this week. Surely we could have had a point from each at least
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024