Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back - My view on today 20:21 - Jan 25 with 4390 viewsJJJack

The proverbial game of two halves. 1st half- awful. Yes we created at least 2 excellent chances and only Amat and Hernandez will know how they skyed easy chances, but nonetheless Brum could have scored a couple more. Our defensive cohesion was simply non-existent and with Pozuelo, Vazquez, Lamah and Pablo all having mares, our attacking was one-paced and predictable. In short, this did not look like a Swansea team. Burke gave Taylor a roasting and we looked petrified of him. We were particularly vulnerable down the flanks with Tiendalli often out of position and the wingers offering virtually no cover. Leon and Amat were battling but only Ash was holding us together. Why Tremmel couldn't tell what was gonna happen for the 1st goal is anyone's guess and he then was involved in a bizarre incident whereby in trying to prevent a corner as he slid off the pitch he let go of the facking ball and they had a virtual open goal but somehow we survived. Half-time on the concourse and the sizeable visiting support was decidedly unhappy.
2nd half. Bony comes on for the ineffective Pablo at ht and more or less from the off as the weather improved so did we. Our passing had tempo, Pozzie started pulling the strings and their Right Back decided to have the half off leaving Lamah to do as he pleased. Bony had a sighter saved well by their impressive keeper, Doyle before Vazquez played in Bony with a superb ball through the middle but it stuck under his feet on the sodden pitch. But it was obvious an equaliser was coming and when a crossfield ball to the left wing was controlled by Lamah who picked out Bony who volleyed home superbly with his left instep into the corner of the net. Brum started to unravel. Amat put Lamah clean through into the huge void on our left side but as Doyle rushed out, Roland dithered trying to round him as Doyle smothered it. No matter, a minute later, Leon again set Lamah free and this time he had support. He cleverly squared it to Pozzie who seemed certain to shoot but as the defenders desperately dived in he instead showed tremendous composure and vision to sqaure it to Bony who waited for Doyle to go to ground and as the defenders rushed to their left on the line he smashed it with his left foot straight and high into the corner. It was a genuinely electric couple of minutes of play culminating in one of our goals of the season. Brum huffed and puffed and got plenty of corners but Tiendalli and Williams made vital interceptions and in injury time we were treated to a superb cameo by Wilfried in the corner as he kept the ball for what seemed an eternity with a Trundle-esque arrogance and some help from Lamah, conducting to the adoring Swans support who went beserk in their man-love for him.

Overall - just about deserved the win after a 1st half horror show that was as bad as we've been in years.
Tremmel - 5 - one great save aside he was poor
Tiendalli- 6. Improved noticeably 2nd half
Taylor - 6. See Tiendalli.
Ash - 7 - Held us together at times
Chico - 5. There were times today when I wished his chimp was playing instead. Repeatedly gave the ball away and got out-muscled by Novak. Hey, Chico, leave those bricks alone!!!
Leon - 6 - awful 1st half, excellent 2nd half. But an axis of him and Amat is not whats required.
Amat - 6. Gave it away pitifully at times . He put in a "Jonjo" performance today - brilliant and dog-shoite within the same game.
Hernandez - 5 - ineffective, missed a sitter when volleyed over from 10yds. Subbed at ht.
Lamah - 7 - Would have got less but ultimately without his input we would probably have lost. Made both goals so wins a smiley from me today. Mad as chips though.
Pozuelo - 7 . Lucky to get a 5 for the 1st half but was great in the 2nd. Tortured them at times.
Vazquez - 5 . Not our worst player . Hopeless 1st half but had improved when put wide right in the 2nd half. Replaced by Routledge after 61mins.
Subs: Bony - 9 . MOTM. Absolutely immense. Did everything we could expect and more. Bullied them, scared them and then knocked them out with a quick 1-2 combination that oozed Top 4 class. Seemed to be indicating to us and to ML by pointing repeatedly at the ground that he should have started.
Routs - 5 - Not good.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2014 20:24]
Just Back - My view on today on 21:49 - Jan 25 with 1007 viewsnavyjack

Da I'm easy pleased and never get upset.. But looking at the match day thread today proper depressed me..some people forget where we've come from and it's almost like we don't need outside influences to disrupt the feeling..our own fans do it!..it wasn't that long ago we were celebrating rangels goal against Donny .. Now we are In a position to celebrate a £12 mil signing bangin em in, and some don't get it..outrageous.
Just Back - My view on today on 21:50 - Jan 25 with 1003 viewsJackFish

Just Back - My view on today on 21:40 - Jan 25 by dejafu

re: Vasquez upfront on his own agreed a waste of space, 2nd half when he played on the wing he was actually OK, maybe he needs to look at being a midfielder since he looked a lot more comfortable

Agreed. He's hopeless up front but has looked OK when he's had a bit of time on the wing. He looks technically good but lacks the strength to play up front on his own and hold the ball up at all.
Played a lovely through ball for Wilf in the second half today that he really should have scored from but got the ball stuck under his feet.
Just Back - My view on today on 21:52 - Jan 25 with 982 viewsDarran

Just Back - My view on today on 21:49 - Jan 25 by navyjack

Da I'm easy pleased and never get upset.. But looking at the match day thread today proper depressed me..some people forget where we've come from and it's almost like we don't need outside influences to disrupt the feeling..our own fans do it!..it wasn't that long ago we were celebrating rangels goal against Donny .. Now we are In a position to celebrate a £12 mil signing bangin em in, and some don't get it..outrageous.

Only joking my friend,I know what you mean though when people are going mental when we're just one goal down with 65 minutes left theres something radically wrong.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Just Back - My view on today on 21:52 - Jan 25 with 970 viewsGowerjack

I went unlike some of our idiotic radio listening "fans".

They adapted to the conditions much better than us and used the flanks to great effect.

Far too many of our players were off form today.

Bony is a class act his poise and control for the second was a thing of joy.

Not brilliant but far from a disgrace

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Just Back - My view on today on 21:57 - Jan 25 with 945 viewstylagarwjack

Just Back - My view on today on 21:50 - Jan 25 by JackFish

Agreed. He's hopeless up front but has looked OK when he's had a bit of time on the wing. He looks technically good but lacks the strength to play up front on his own and hold the ball up at all.
Played a lovely through ball for Wilf in the second half today that he really should have scored from but got the ball stuck under his feet.

He just seems to be one of a long line of poor strikers we've had since we've been in the top two divisions, goal scorers are hard to find yes but is our scouting really that bad that we end up with the likes of Itay and Vazquez?

We really need to sharpen our scouting so we can have a chance of signing the likes of Batshuayi from Belgium before they come to the attention of the bigger clubs.

Easier said than done I know but if we want to avoid paying 10m plus per striker we need to box clever, Villa signing Benteke is a clear example of what quality can be got for affordable prices.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2014 22:01]
Just Back - My view on today on 22:07 - Jan 25 with 911 viewsJJJack

Just Back - My view on today on 21:48 - Jan 25 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Not the first time he's looked utterly useless up-front, but seemed to offer more when switched out-wide.

Whether he makes a decent career in the game or not - it's obvious it's not worked out here. I think today was the last day we'll see him play up-front for us; never again please, even ML will have recognized that.

Out wide, he offers more, seems more at ease. It's a signing we'll write off as a failure, but he can play a part out wide if needed for the rest of the season.

yep, agree with this. He's done ok a few times when pushed out wide. But up top he simply can't read the game so he runs when he shouldn't (often getting himself offside) or stops when he should run (like the time in the 2nd half when he pulled up instead of gambling on the through ball being played. He's pushed off the ball so easily it's untrue.
Just Back - My view on today on 22:12 - Jan 25 with 875 viewsJJJack

Just Back - My view on today on 20:58 - Jan 25 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Re: Amat, it's true he had a few calamitous moments, but he did play very well in parts, and when you remind yourself he's a 21 year-old junior centre-back playing his first-season on foreign soil, I have to say he shows remarkable ability playing in midfield at times. How many british centre-halves would be doing this with any effectiveness at all? He's a gem, look at the 1st goal, he nicks it off a Brum player and charges forward with the ball to create the opportunity. He missed a sitter in the 1st half, but I really doubt that either Chico or Ash would even have been anywhere near being in that position if they'd played there.

He's not a long-term fix obviously, but I'm genuinely impressed by how he's stepped-up. I'd remind you again of his age and his status in the squad. My cap is doffed to the lad.

Yes, Amat is a cracking prospect and he has guts. You can't blame him for his lack of creativity. He wants too long on the ball at times and that ain't possible in midfield. But likewise Pozuelo. Williams went absolutely mental at him in the 1st few minutes when Ash had to clear up after Pozzie lazily gave the ball away. Amat did some excellent things today but likewise he wouldn't have got away with some of that sloppiness against a PL side because Brum are a poor side with zero confidence bar the odd player such as Burke.
Just Back - My view on today on 00:49 - Jan 26 with 764 viewsepaul

Brilliant thread and analysis on todays game. Excellent report jjj and Ux you condensed into aa few words fab!
FOAJP spot on about mat

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

Just Back - My view on today on 06:34 - Jan 26 with 695 viewsDr_Winston

Just Back - My view on today on 20:58 - Jan 25 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Re: Amat, it's true he had a few calamitous moments, but he did play very well in parts, and when you remind yourself he's a 21 year-old junior centre-back playing his first-season on foreign soil, I have to say he shows remarkable ability playing in midfield at times. How many british centre-halves would be doing this with any effectiveness at all? He's a gem, look at the 1st goal, he nicks it off a Brum player and charges forward with the ball to create the opportunity. He missed a sitter in the 1st half, but I really doubt that either Chico or Ash would even have been anywhere near being in that position if they'd played there.

He's not a long-term fix obviously, but I'm genuinely impressed by how he's stepped-up. I'd remind you again of his age and his status in the squad. My cap is doffed to the lad.

Said this before the Spurs game, but there's a world of difference between a cultured, ball playing defender covering in midfield and someone like Gary Monk doing it.

It's not a long term option, but it will do and has done in a pinch. Thought he did reasonably well after a tricky first 10/15 minutes against Spurs and seems to have done OK yesterday too.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Just Back - My view on today on 06:37 - Jan 26 with 692 viewsDull1Thomas

Alvaro = play him in the same roll as Borini played when he was here and we'll have another gem

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024