Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup 20:34 - Feb 5 with 6624 viewsPacemaker

Swansea City Chairman Huw Jenkins believes it’s vital everyone gets behind new Head Coach Garry Monk and moves on quickly from Michael Laudrup’s departure.
“Everyone needs to move on; get behind us and focus on Saturday’s game,’’ declared Jenkins.
“The fact is, Michael’s time with us has come to an end. But I have found some of the things being said about him today hard to stomach. Much of it has been extremely unsavoury and unnecessary.
“Too many people have been trying to play the blame game and unearth disrespectful reasons behind his departure.
“We were quite open and honest in our official statement, because that’s the way we are as a club. Since then we have tried to keep our own counsel on the matter because we have nothing bad to say about Michael.
“He deserves respect for what he has done in the game and you couldn’t meet a more genuine and honest person.
“It’s time to move on.’’

Read more at http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/huw-laudrup-statement-1342386.aspx?#C2oA

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 20:42 - Feb 5 with 5110 viewsDarran

Journos = cockroaches.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 20:46 - Feb 5 with 5056 viewsreddythered

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 20:42 - Feb 5 by Darran

Journos = cockroaches.

Or it's spin from the club. Who knows?

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 20:48 - Feb 5 with 5028 viewsDarran

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 20:46 - Feb 5 by reddythered

Speaking from experience Redster?

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 20:52 - Feb 5 with 4961 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Well said Huw.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 20:54 - Feb 5 with 4926 viewsexiledclaseboy

Can't say I've seen anything unsavoury. Stories about player unrest, poor training et al, nothing out of the ordinary really. But certainly no need for any personal attacks if that's what's being referred to. He's still Michael f*cking Laudrup and he still delivered the greatest season in this club's history. And now he's gone.

Poll: Tory leader

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 20:55 - Feb 5 with 4913 viewscrackerjack

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 20:46 - Feb 5 by reddythered

The bitter voice of experience speaks......

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 20:56 - Feb 5 with 4894 viewsreddythered

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 20:48 - Feb 5 by Darran

Speaking from experience Redster?

Dazza, everybody in life spins. Fact of life.

You know full well the rumours re: Laudrup's staff were out there days before the firing; lo and behold, came true. Of course the club aren't going to say anything potentially detrimental about Laudrup to avoid any ammunition being given if it were to go to court. At least not as an official statement. Somebody who knows somebody who delivers milk to someone else then off the record mentioning it to a journo...

Happened with us. Malky's camp leaking to the media anything and everything. Only club response I could point to was the revealing of Cornelius' contract, which I believe was the wrong thing to do. Understandable given it answered the publihed spin fairly well.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 20:59 - Feb 5 with 4836 viewsstevethejack

Got to say - what an amazing statement from Huw J.

A true gentleman and the best chairman we could possibly want or wish for.

Onwards and Upwards
Login to get fewer ads

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 21:03 - Feb 5 with 4757 viewsmonmouth

Who'd have thunk that for his game both teams would have rookie managers and be three points apart having both sacked their most successful gaffers. Hell of a game coming up. Hell of a game. Hope the old ticker will stand it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 21:08 - Feb 5 with 4686 viewsSwanseajill

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 21:03 - Feb 5 by monmouth

Who'd have thunk that for his game both teams would have rookie managers and be three points apart having both sacked their most successful gaffers. Hell of a game coming up. Hell of a game. Hope the old ticker will stand it.

Pacemaker check and ECG booked in for tomorrow.
Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 21:10 - Feb 5 with 4659 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Not sure Huws been 100% accurate with everything that he's said to the media over the last few days but fair play he didn't have to say this

(or am I being cynical thinking he started the rumours so he could stop them and be the good guy???)

Who knows...Who cares

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 21:13 - Feb 5 with 4609 viewsWarwickHunt

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 21:10 - Feb 5 by PatchesOHoulihan

Not sure Huws been 100% accurate with everything that he's said to the media over the last few days but fair play he didn't have to say this

(or am I being cynical thinking he started the rumours so he could stop them and be the good guy???)

Who knows...Who cares

Well, someone at the club has been leaking stories.

I'll take this with half a ton of salt.
Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 21:14 - Feb 5 with 4606 viewsLiberty

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 20:54 - Feb 5 by exiledclaseboy

Can't say I've seen anything unsavoury. Stories about player unrest, poor training et al, nothing out of the ordinary really. But certainly no need for any personal attacks if that's what's being referred to. He's still Michael f*cking Laudrup and he still delivered the greatest season in this club's history. And now he's gone.

This

What unsavoury stories ? What have I missed ?

Board, let it go, as much as I would laugh my c off , at a julian allsopp story at a xmas party, but somehow cant see it myself.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 21:14 - Feb 5 with 4582 viewsDarran

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 21:14 - Feb 5 by Liberty

This

What unsavoury stories ? What have I missed ?

Board, let it go, as much as I would laugh my c off , at a julian allsopp story at a xmas party, but somehow cant see it myself.

Refusing to meet Ince will be one I suppose.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 21:18 - Feb 5 with 4516 viewsDr_Winston

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 21:13 - Feb 5 by WarwickHunt

Well, someone at the club has been leaking stories.

I'll take this with half a ton of salt.

If someone leaked a story and then claimed they were off for a schmoke and a pancake I think we can narrow the hunt down...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 21:44 - Feb 5 with 4360 views2face

As far as I can gather from Huws various statements is that they didn't end it because of training problems or player disputes. But simply because ML didn't want to commit long term. And the board thought we needed certainty about the manager situation because of our current difficult situation in the league.

This just makes it even weirder for me.

Has appointing Monk made the situation more certain? There are 2 threads on here with people discussing the possible replacements for Monk.

Also everybody pretty much derides Rodgers and Martinez for pledging unending loyalty and then moving to other clubs. Whereas ML who was honest and stated he could't say what would happen in the future, he got fired. So apparently the lesson to learn for future managers is to be dishonest and lie your a$$ off.

I don't believe what is being said officially. It makes no sense.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 7:25]
Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 22:44 - Feb 5 with 4054 viewsDaithejack

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 21:44 - Feb 5 by 2face

As far as I can gather from Huws various statements is that they didn't end it because of training problems or player disputes. But simply because ML didn't want to commit long term. And the board thought we needed certainty about the manager situation because of our current difficult situation in the league.

Has appointing Monk made the situation more certain? There are 2 threads on here with people discussing the possible replacements for Monk.

Also everybody pretty much derides Rodgers and Martinez for pledging unending loyalty and then moving to other clubs. Whereas ML who was honest and stated he could't say what would happen in the future, he got fired. So apparently the lesson to learn for future managers is to be dishonest and lie your a$$ off.

Think it may have something to do with the 36 points from 38 games too, just saying like.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 22:54 - Feb 5 with 3970 viewsharemscarem

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 22:44 - Feb 5 by Daithejack

Think it may have something to do with the 36 points from 38 games too, just saying like.

Yes, but again the situation is not that bad. Swansea has not played that well, but they are still in two cups and number 12 in the league. I find it kind of strange too. Anyway I hope Swansea win the next game and get away of the relegation fight.

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 22:54 - Feb 5 with 3958 viewsharemscarem

I agree!

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 22:58 - Feb 5 with 3920 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well said Huw.
I think he was referring to the article suggesting poor training, no training in the rain, drunkenness in Dubai etc etc.
The last thing we want is name calling now and ML's agent has yet to offer his opinion on the proceedings.
Lets hope the parting of ways is done with as little mud slinging as possible.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 00:21 - Feb 6 with 3701 viewsbluenile

Let's be honest, we are probably looking at quite a few high profile candidates for the job full time. It sure wouldn't look great if Huw started slagging off ML to all and sundry, as any future manager with a modicum of intelligence would realise that he might be getting some of that further down the line....................Huw is certainly not as daft as some would have you believe.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup (n/t) on 03:05 - Feb 6 with 3597 viewsjazzswan

Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 03:09 - Feb 6 with 3594 viewsjazzswan

My Lady Protestesh Too Much !

Good Pr, from Huw, But obvious old Mike was being a bitt of a so and so and Now he has gone, no more to stand on the North Bank, till the day he dies>

We will win sat... I and going for a 4 - 2 win bet LUMP ON!!!
Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 06:52 - Feb 6 with 3471 viewsJethroJack

You might even say the club is being.....2face(d).
Huw dismisses unsavoury stories about Laudrup on 07:22 - Feb 6 with 3421 viewsThaiJack

I can accept they sack ML, I don't agree but I can accept.

But that then to appoint Monk who certainly have strained relationships with at least 1 of the players, who has zero experience as a manager AT ALL. I think you will need some very good reasons to make the decision that we can not wait until we have a proper replacement. OK no training in the rain and drunk players could explain such radical action. But now ML is still a great guy according to Huw, we just think Monk will shout more during the games, and tell everybody that we can whoop Man City and the lot any day of the week.

Huw you really really must us why. Vincent Tan and Abramowich do not have to tell because they put in all the money, but you do!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024