Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
leon britton 02:29 - Feb 9 with 9307 viewshonestmint

Right you bunch of jack M/F for those of you who read my post you will know I said Leon should be the first on the team sheet. Big shout with MR.Monk in charge. Although we beat the scum, I think we should be careful before we name a full time manager.I must say the players were right into him when we scored the goals. I think if he keeps us up he should be given a chance.
leon britton on 12:15 - Feb 9 with 1584 viewsTheFranchise

leon britton on 12:13 - Feb 9 by max936

Liam Bridcuit could have been that player, but he's gone from Brighton to Sunderland.

Or maybe tempt Leon's apprentice back from Liverpool.
leon britton on 12:19 - Feb 9 with 1578 viewsDr_Winston

leon britton on 12:15 - Feb 9 by TheFranchise

That could work.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

leon britton on 12:21 - Feb 9 with 1577 viewsmax936

leon britton on 12:15 - Feb 9 by TheFranchise

Can't see that happening, Lucas is out and becoming a tad injury prone after his knee ligament troubles last year, Gerrard is playing there now for the most part, but Joey seems the natural replacement for Lucas.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

leon britton on 12:25 - Feb 9 with 1567 viewsTheFranchise

leon britton on 12:21 - Feb 9 by max936

Can't see that happening, Lucas is out and becoming a tad injury prone after his knee ligament troubles last year, Gerrard is playing there now for the most part, but Joey seems the natural replacement for Lucas.

Plenty of time Max.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:23 - Feb 9 with 1531 viewsdukemedia

leon britton on 10:40 - Feb 9 by Catullus

Never mind stats, they can be made to say anything. Lies, damned lies and statistics as the saying goes.
What surely no one can deny is that when Leon is playing the whole team plays better.
I don't think Canas has managed to run a game anywhere near the way Leon does. And I believe the recent performances, where Leon has started just 4 out of 13, back that up.

[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 21:42]
leon britton on 14:24 - Feb 9 with 1498 viewspremierjack

leon britton on 10:18 - Feb 9 by Trundle10

Do you think that Canas has the same ability to dictate a Swansea performance as Leon? Not stats etc... Would you really have prefered to have seen Cnans in the team before Leon yesterday?

Probably not in a derby cos Leon knows what it's about and would be up for it more than canas. If it wasn't cardiff and both players are fit, I would pick canas.
leon britton on 19:55 - Feb 9 with 1415 viewsTrundle10

leon britton on 14:24 - Feb 9 by premierjack

Probably not in a derby cos Leon knows what it's about and would be up for it more than canas. If it wasn't cardiff and both players are fit, I would pick canas.

You know nothing of football and Swansea then
leon britton on 20:24 - Feb 9 with 1386 viewspremierjack

leon britton on 19:55 - Feb 9 by Trundle10

You know nothing of football and Swansea then

Haha I just spat my my tea out then. Ok I know nothing about swans and football cos I don't agree with your opinion!

You cock!
Login to get fewer ads

leon britton on 02:21 - Feb 10 with 1327 viewsCatullus

leon britton on 20:24 - Feb 9 by premierjack

Haha I just spat my my tea out then. Ok I know nothing about swans and football cos I don't agree with your opinion!

You cock!

Not so much because he doesn't agree with you, not many will.
Canas May prove to be a better player overall. But is he better for us?
Not on the evidence so far. Leon is our heartbeat. Canas is still learning our way. Leon has started so rarely this season and we have been poorer without him.
With Leon the first name on the spreadsheet again our form will improve. And time will tell if I'm right too.
Let's wait and see!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

leon britton on 04:36 - Feb 10 with 1311 viewsdameedna

leon britton on 12:13 - Feb 9 by max936

Liam Bridcuit could have been that player, but he's gone from Brighton to Sunderland.

would be a good assistant to monk in future
leon britton on 06:26 - Feb 10 with 1272 viewsblaine_scfc

leon britton on 02:21 - Feb 10 by Catullus

Not on the evidence so far. Leon is our heartbeat. Canas is still learning our way. Leon has started so rarely this season and we have been poorer without him.
With Leon the first name on the spreadsheet again our form will improve. And time will tell if I'm right too.
Let's wait and see!!

Give Canas time, he hasn't even been here for a season yet. He is new to our way of playing, will always take time to adapt. I am confident he will be able to do the "Britton Role" for us whenever the time comes.
leon britton on 07:27 - Feb 10 with 1248 viewspremierjack

leon britton on 02:21 - Feb 10 by Catullus

Let's wait and see!!

Fair point mate, I did say in my post that I would pick Leon ahead of canas against Cardiff. IMO canas has more to his game than Leon and will prove to be a better player. Having said that I also think Leon doesn't do anything wrong - far from it actually, he is a fantastic player for us.

My response was to someone who believes you don't know anything about football and a club I have supported for years just because I don't agree with other opinions or they don't agree with mine.
leon britton on 07:35 - Feb 10 with 1241 viewsDr_Winston

leon britton on 07:27 - Feb 10 by premierjack

Fair point mate, I did say in my post that I would pick Leon ahead of canas against Cardiff. IMO canas has more to his game than Leon and will prove to be a better player. Having said that I also think Leon doesn't do anything wrong - far from it actually, he is a fantastic player for us.

My response was to someone who believes you don't know anything about football and a club I have supported for years just because I don't agree with other opinions or they don't agree with mine.

Well said.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

leon britton on 19:12 - Feb 10 with 1184 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Leon is the Swans secret weapon, small, nippy ferocious and overlooked by the opposition until they have to play against him.
leon britton on 21:45 - Feb 10 with 1126 viewshonestmint

I do not have a problem with cannas ,far from it. I feel with our history and being part of it Leon will be more up for a relegation battle. Cannas his time will come, not just yet, not at the expense of Leon anyway,
leon britton on 21:52 - Feb 10 with 1051 viewsLeonisGod

leon britton on 12:01 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

Leon before Canas. Every time. And that's not a criticism of Canas, he's a good player. But Leon's our heartbeat and we're better with him than we are without him. That's just the way it is.

^^^this. Both good players, but nobody keeps giving time after time after time like Leon. And he seems to be getter quicker. He's like the Duracell bunny (but smaller).
leon britton on 21:54 - Feb 10 with 1049 viewsA_Fans_Dad

leon britton on 21:52 - Feb 10 by LeonisGod

^^^this. Both good players, but nobody keeps giving time after time after time like Leon. And he seems to be getter quicker. He's like the Duracell bunny (but smaller).

Love it.
leon britton on 09:46 - Feb 11 with 1011 viewsCatullus

leon britton on 07:27 - Feb 10 by premierjack

Fair enough. I thought we'd all got used to a certain standard of replies when someone disagrees with us!!
I will probably still think Leon is the better player and that Canas has to learn from him. But it is often the case that the student becomes the master. I hope he does!!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

leon britton on 10:08 - Feb 11 with 999 viewsZut_Alors

Canas has been an excellent addition to the squad, imo. Looks much more comfortable in the DM role than Ki did, and I imagine he will improve next season in the way that Ki has progressed at Sunderland, though obviously not moving teams and positions to do so. Don't think he should have started quite as many premier league games over Leon, but I don't have any complaints about his performances in general.

In our first EPL season, it would often be Gower or Kemy coming on if we were ahead and looking to see out the game. Being able to bring on Canas (or Leon if he's not starting) is a clear upgrade.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024