Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrups unorthodox ways 12:33 - Feb 9 with 32421 viewsDarran

He'd only met the club secretary 4 or 5 times in all the time he was here when most managers see her once or twice a week and he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs,he told the players that if they wanted to speak to him about anything they do it in training,if it was away from training and they needed to speak to him they were to phone someone at the club and ask them to contact him. Hence he couldn't phone the up to say bye bye when he left.

Strange chap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:23 - Feb 10 with 1301 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:21 - Feb 10 by Plasticman

I'm starting to wonder if this thread is because Laudrup might not have wanted to speak to Darran...

You can answer the question above too.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:23 - Feb 10 with 1300 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:09 - Feb 10 by A_Fans_Dad

7 pages where posters can have their say, isn't that what Forum posts are about?

Of course thats what Forum posts are all about . They are also about Gossip and Rumour but anyone other than Darren dare post Gossip or Rumour and they are hung drawn and quartered on here by the biggest rumour monger of the lot...Darren !!

Oh, the Irony..
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:24 - Feb 10 with 1293 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:23 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

Of course thats what Forum posts are all about . They are also about Gossip and Rumour but anyone other than Darren dare post Gossip or Rumour and they are hung drawn and quartered on here by the biggest rumour monger of the lot...Darren !!

Oh, the Irony..

But I know it's true.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:24 - Feb 10 with 1292 viewsbaltimoreswan

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:05 - Feb 10 by Odgaard

Well i dont agree, but with that said, i dont think ML is that great a manager...

He had Succes in Brondby, they have been shit since he left, he won the liga and the Cup twice. Getafe, he were also great, but leaved because he couldnt see them progress.. Moscow was awfull and Mallorca were more or less bankrupt.

THe real question for me is was ML the right manager? YES, for the long run NO!

I think and believe that HJ signing of ML is a masterstroke, even though it did not end well. Swansea is by size the smallest club to enter PL in last many years, with no financial backing, therefore is difficult to attract players with more quality than players from championship and others low levels league. Swansea needed a guy who could get players with higher level. I dont think Swansea could had get Michu, Paplo, Bony, Poz, Canas, JDG, AMat and Jonjo. It would have been signings like you see now Emnes and Ngog.. Even though they can look good, they dont get you anywhere... (Emnes is a fine player, but i have no confidence that he could improve swansea )

Signing Laudrup got swansea Further and the clubs reputation around the world has grown! Now its a better position than when Laudrup started at the club! And that is a success nothing less.. Was is because of Laudrup managing skills? maybe or might not, was it becuase of his great name ? i Think so..

I think that's a great point about Laudrup's contribution to Swansea. It also highlights why Laudrup's unlikely to be a success at a bigger club. Most of what he has to contribute is his name and how it helps him attract talent (and that he does seem to have a decent eye for talent). But a big club can already attract talent, so he doesn't have much to add. He'd need to be a master tactician and/or man-manager in order to really make a difference, and it's clear that Laudrup is neither of those things (definitely not the latter and ok at best on the former).
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:25 - Feb 10 with 1288 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:21 - Feb 10 by Plasticman

I'm starting to wonder if this thread is because Laudrup might not have wanted to speak to Darran...

Well, im starting to think that its only Darren that Doesn't have Laudrups phone number or get text messages from him..
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:26 - Feb 10 with 1274 viewsharemscarem

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:21 - Feb 10 by Darran

Serious question for you do you not recognise anything at all in what I've said about Laudrup?
As a Dane you've obviously followed his career so let's have an honest answer.

You can see a post from me on this side (earlier today) where I say that I think Laudrup should have shown more commitment, and that the plan B was not visible. I am not only all in when it comes to Laudrup. Anyway I don't see things as black or white, and all in all I think Laudrup has been great for Swansea. That is just my opinion. When it comes to his communication with the players, I don't have a clue. How should I know? How do You know anything about that?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:27 - Feb 10 with 1268 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:24 - Feb 10 by baltimoreswan

I think that's a great point about Laudrup's contribution to Swansea. It also highlights why Laudrup's unlikely to be a success at a bigger club. Most of what he has to contribute is his name and how it helps him attract talent (and that he does seem to have a decent eye for talent). But a big club can already attract talent, so he doesn't have much to add. He'd need to be a master tactician and/or man-manager in order to really make a difference, and it's clear that Laudrup is neither of those things (definitely not the latter and ok at best on the former).

It's 100% clear that he's neither of them,watch Monk embracing Dyer when he got subbed on Saturday,you never saw that once with Laudrup.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:28 - Feb 10 with 1258 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:24 - Feb 10 by Darran

But I know it's true.

Yeah and i also know alot about the supposed FACTS .

so what your now saying is that pablo Hernandez is telling lies(by saying Laudrup sent him a text to wish him well) and your origional point of Laudrup not giving out his number or taking any of the players numbers is factually true ??

Is that correct Darren ?

Now answer truthfully here please .
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:28 - Feb 10 with 1256 viewsPlasticman

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:23 - Feb 10 by Darran

You can answer the question above too.

You know, there's an old story about a hen yard where 'one feather grew to 10 hens'.

Honestly, it sounds what you are doing in this thread, and also what have been going on alot lately with some of the bile people have been spouting.

Plastic since 2012

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:29 - Feb 10 with 1255 viewsharemscarem

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:24 - Feb 10 by baltimoreswan

So You don't think Laudrup has a lot of thoughts about football? He has had the best trainers in his professionel carreer. I think Laudrup has a lot of tactical knowledge. It would be naiv to think anything else than that. Laudrup made a difference tactically in some of our games against big opponents the last two years. Swansea did get some good results. On such days everyone on this site were praising Laudrup for his decisions. Maybe You have forgotten about that.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:29 - Feb 10 with 1249 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:09 - Feb 10 by A_Fans_Dad

7 pages where posters can have their say, isn't that what Forum posts are about?

True but 7 pages based on a lie against ML presented as a known fact by the senior mod of a site owned by the chair of the supporters club (who are backing the ML Sacking).

Almost as bad as the classless leaks seemingly from the club that Huw himself said should stop.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:30 - Feb 10 with 1249 viewsharemscarem

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:27 - Feb 10 by Darran

It's 100% clear that he's neither of them,watch Monk embracing Dyer when he got subbed on Saturday,you never saw that once with Laudrup.

Very few of the big managers are embracing their players after a goal.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:30 - Feb 10 with 1246 viewsicecoldjack

Do you think Monk has Dyer's phone number ??
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:31 - Feb 10 with 1245 viewsymaohyd

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:26 - Feb 10 by haremscarem

You can see a post from me on this side (earlier today) where I say that I think Laudrup should have shown more commitment, and that the plan B was not visible. I am not only all in when it comes to Laudrup. Anyway I don't see things as black or white, and all in all I think Laudrup has been great for Swansea. That is just my opinion. When it comes to his communication with the players, I don't have a clue. How should I know? How do You know anything about that?

Well I know one of the players. Rarely tells me any gossip, I wouldn't ask and wouldn't post it on here. I was told very early on that he wasn't the most communicative with the players to put it mildly. Now that he's gone I'll state what I know.

Monks is held in very high regard by the players.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:33 - Feb 10 with 1231 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:28 - Feb 10 by Plasticman

You know, there's an old story about a hen yard where 'one feather grew to 10 hens'.

Honestly, it sounds what you are doing in this thread, and also what have been going on alot lately with some of the bile people have been spouting.

Answer the question do you not recognise anything I've said about the man?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:33 - Feb 10 with 1231 viewsPlasticman

Odd. What would you call the interaction between dyer and laudrup when Laudrup had subbed Dyer off the pitch in the cup final after the... incident with attitudes between dyer and de guzman?

Plastic since 2012

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:33 - Feb 10 with 1228 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:29 - Feb 10 by Spratty

True but 7 pages based on a lie against ML presented as a known fact by the senior mod of a site owned by the chair of the supporters club (who are backing the ML Sacking).

Almost as bad as the classless leaks seemingly from the club that Huw himself said should stop.

Exactly correct. And there in lies the certain push of an agenda by some people not as informed as they sometimes like to think they are but used as a pawn in a bigger game
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:34 - Feb 10 with 1225 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:33 - Feb 10 by Plasticman

Odd. What would you call the interaction between dyer and laudrup when Laudrup had subbed Dyer off the pitch in the cup final after the... incident with attitudes between dyer and de guzman?

That was different that was to do with the penalty.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:38 - Feb 10 with 1209 viewsPlasticman

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:33 - Feb 10 by Darran

Answer the question do you not recognise anything I've said about the man?

You're avoiding the premise.

I stated in another thread that Laudrup is no doubt reserved. But that doesn't make him anti-social aas you are trying to paint him.

There's a world of difference.

Now, why do you dance around the premise that you have been carrier of random gossip which intent can only been seen as an attempt to sling mud at a former clubmanager?

As spratty said, things doesn't really look good in this thread given the premises.

Plastic since 2012

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:38 - Feb 10 with 1205 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:33 - Feb 10 by Plasticman

Just thinking the same he was really affectionate with him.

Why do people have to make a load of bolloux up about people to justify treating them badly. Can they not even see what they are doing nor how pathetic it is.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:39 - Feb 10 with 1205 viewsPlasticman

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:34 - Feb 10 by Darran

That was different that was to do with the penalty.

"you never saw stuff like that..."

"that was different..."

I got nothing further to add Darran. You're making the case by yourself right now I'm afraid.

Plastic since 2012

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:39 - Feb 10 with 1205 viewsymaohyd

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:33 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

Exactly correct. And there in lies the certain push of an agenda by some people not as informed as they sometimes like to think they are but used as a pawn in a bigger game

F**k me, you're making this out to be like a John Grisham novel!.

Do you think the Swans were right to sack Laudrup?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:39 - Feb 10 with 1205 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:31 - Feb 10 by ymaohyd

Well I know one of the players. Rarely tells me any gossip, I wouldn't ask and wouldn't post it on here. I was told very early on that he wasn't the most communicative with the players to put it mildly. Now that he's gone I'll state what I know.

Very true. but i think that is quite common knowledge RE Laudrups interaction with the players. Different strokes for different folks , to use Garry Monks words "there is no right way,there is no wrong way" when it comes to management styles, but of course thats not strictly true because we sacked Laudrup last week !!..
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:41 - Feb 10 with 1193 viewsharemscarem

If most of the players have had that opinion, then it is bad. I am just saying that I don't know anything about that. I just don't think a player wants to play under the same manager twice, if he does not like him. I guess Laudrup is neiter totally bad or totally fantastic in this case of Swansea. Anyway my overall opinion is that he has done a good job when looking at the results and the players coming to Swansea.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 16:41 - Feb 10 with 1192 viewsSpratty

His name is Monk
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024