Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrups unorthodox ways 12:33 - Feb 9 with 32414 viewsDarran

He'd only met the club secretary 4 or 5 times in all the time he was here when most managers see her once or twice a week and he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs,he told the players that if they wanted to speak to him about anything they do it in training,if it was away from training and they needed to speak to him they were to phone someone at the club and ask them to contact him. Hence he couldn't phone the up to say bye bye when he left.

Strange chap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:54 - Feb 9 with 2194 viewsymaohyd

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 17:59 - Feb 9 by Phil_S

As with any manager leaving particularly those that are sacked we are just rewriting history at times too?

Laudrup took this club on from where Brendan left it and progressed as (as did Flynn, Jackett, Martinez, Sousa and Rodgers before him) we can now hope that Monk does the same and on yesterday's showing he has certainly got off to a flyer.

One thing I passed onto the club via the Trust this week was that I hoped that we wouldn't get involved in mud slinging but I suspect that was inevitable with appropriate leaks

Laudrup won us our first major trophy and we thank him for that - now let's look forward rather than dissing everything that actually happened

Here here. I did post prior to all this happening that I hoped it would all end amicably. Unless Monks leads us to safety until the end of the season we are going to have two camps, ONE BEING 'See we should have kept Ladrup'

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:58 - Feb 9 with 2167 viewsDavillin

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:55 - Feb 9 by monmouth

I still can't believe that anyone believes that our board, that's our board, would spunk a potential 4 or 5 million unless they saw a major emergency. Do you really think they sacked him because he was shy?? F@@k me pink.

Absolutely right!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 19:00 - Feb 9 with 2156 viewsJokeren1943

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:50 - Feb 9 by Davillin

I speak here about your first sentence only.

1. Laudrup did not "win us our only major trophy in 100 years." The players did. I'm sure that Laudrup contributed to the win, but he does not get all of the credit.

2. Assuming for the sake of argument that Laudrup did win it, he did not win it "by not being mates with the players."

And Rogers did not turn Liverpool around - the players did.

The manager is the one person in the club (beside the money men) who has the greatest effect on the result of the football club.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:18 - Feb 9 with 2080 viewsGlyn1

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:32 - Feb 9 by Davillin

Respectfully, the world - especially in the public eye - is overrun with people who appear to be "very personable, patient, friendly,and gently humerous [sic]," but are the opposite.

I could name some very famous persons who fit that description, but I won't, in case I name someone anyone on here thinks is "very personable, patient, friendly and gently humerous."

Start with the world of politics, then move to any other people in the public eye, like the Arts, like sports, like football!

Friends, neighbors, and relatives of mass murderers always express utter shock when they learn what they did - not him, he's too very personable, patient, friendly and gently humerous, or whatever.

[Disclaimer: I have no idea whatsoever what kind of person Laudrup is. Just putting the discussion into the perspective of a lifetime of experience.]

"Mass murderer"? that's a bit strong.

I suppose people start as ordinary murderers, then with a bit of practice become "serial killers" and carry on from there?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:26 - Feb 9 with 2062 viewsicecoldjack

There we go then Laudrup is the Dexter Morgan of Denmark...
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:28 - Feb 9 with 2053 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:26 - Feb 9 by icecoldjack

There we go then Laudrup is the Dexter Morgan of Denmark...

Its no coincidence that DCI Barnaby is out there on Wednesday.

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/scanlan-danish-midsomer-thrilling-004112254.html

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:30 - Feb 9 with 2046 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 18:35 - Feb 9 by jamiewales

"He'd only met the club secretary 4 or 5 times in all the time he was here when most managers see her once or twice a week and he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs,he told the players that if they wanted to speak to him about anything they do it in training,if it was away from training and they needed to speak to him they were to phone someone at the club and ask them to contact him. Hence he couldn't phone the up to say bye bye when he left."

He also didn't train the players hard enough in training and that`s coming from a player!
[Post edited 9 Feb 2014 18:36]

Think it's seems fairly obvious that there's at least one player involved here
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:45 - Feb 9 with 1999 viewsSpratty

Respectfully, the world - especially in the public eye - is overrun with people who appear to be "very personable, patient, friendly,and gently humerous [sic]," but are the opposite.

I could name some very famous persons who fit that description, but I won't, in case I name someone anyone on here thinks is "very personable, patient, friendly and gently humerous."

Start with the world of politics, then move to any other people in the public eye, like the Arts, like sports, like football!

Friends, neighbors, and relatives of mass murderers always express utter shock when they learn what they did - not him, he's too very personable, patient, friendly and gently humerous, or whatever.

[Disclaimer: I have no idea whatsoever what kind of person Laudrup is. Just putting the discussion into the perspective of a lifetime of experience.]

Think we all have the benefit of a lifetimes experience Dav

Whilst I take your point and enjoyed your gentle p!sstake of repeatedly quoting me. I would say if you take an interest in people you generally get a good idea of them especially in smaller informal face to face situations. Many politicians are very easy to see through. You can tell when people are really listening and taking in what people say and responding to it in a considered manner.

Of course the odd mass murderer may get through from time to time so we have to trust our own judgement especially when informed by the quality (good or bad of previous judgements)
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 21:07 - Feb 9 with 1956 viewsKulusBeatFactory

With respect, have an opinion
(btw - "neighbors" completely undermines your credibility)
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 21:09 - Feb 9 with 1954 viewsexiledclaseboy

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 21:07 - Feb 9 by KulusBeatFactory

He's American.

Poll: Tory leader

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 21:14 - Feb 9 with 1931 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 21:09 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

He's American.

get with it mun
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 22:55 - Feb 9 with 1783 viewsmacman

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 21:07 - Feb 9 by KulusBeatFactory

Yes, that's what we need someone from Wales being a snob. That is a LOL!
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 22:57 - Feb 9 with 1780 viewsDavillin

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:45 - Feb 9 by Spratty

Think we all have the benefit of a lifetimes experience Dav

Whilst I take your point and enjoyed your gentle p!sstake of repeatedly quoting me. I would say if you take an interest in people you generally get a good idea of them especially in smaller informal face to face situations. Many politicians are very easy to see through. You can tell when people are really listening and taking in what people say and responding to it in a considered manner.

Of course the odd mass murderer may get through from time to time so we have to trust our own judgement especially when informed by the quality (good or bad of previous judgements)

Thank you for your very very personable, patient, friendly,and gently humerous reply.

Seriously, I accept all of your points and thank you for the very funny presentation.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 23:05 - Feb 9 with 1756 viewsjamiewales

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 20:30 - Feb 9 by Spratty

Think it's seems fairly obvious that there's at least one player involved here

Indeed, the player that said it is in the first team too, so obviously there was something wrong within the squad.
I cant praise enough what an excellent job Michael did for our club last season but this season the players have lacked desire and passion.
There was definitely something wrong as many have stated and i think it was the right move to let him go.
Just look how we played yesterday, says it all
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 01:15 - Feb 10 with 1701 viewsdameedna

unusual to call a manager strange if he has methods of management, they are just a manager's ways of managing, no point dissecting it
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 02:45 - Feb 10 with 1673 viewsGeneralJack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:45 - Feb 9 by icecoldjack

Dont see the issue here apart from the fact that the players really did miss sucking Brendens tities..

Its night and day difference isnt it?

Laudrup just wanted to treat them like men and let them take responsibility.
Brenden liked to know how Mrs Ash williams took her coffee in the morning and what brand of coffee was it and maybe suggest a better alternitive via a personal phone call.

Brenden cared very much about them see...thats why he fooked off quicker than you can say "its all about the team"

Sometimes i do wonder about the mental capacity of professional footballers, they loved Brendens entry level management manual talk down here didnt they ?

Great coach is Brenden dont get me wrong but surely when our boys saw him playing the same tricks with the Liverpool boys the penny must have dropped ?

Laudrup was perhaps too far the other way, yet again a perfect parallel with the Sousa and Martinez dynamic .

Anyway...

It would be pathetic of the players if that's true, but beware, lots of rumours trying to dis ML being leaked out from the club. this could be another, like the one about their poor fitness levels LOL. We've been stronger than the opposition in the second half of almost every game this season.
Big John Hartson got it right on Football Focus Saturday ''I don't think the sacking was done for football reasons''
Most fans with a brain already worked it out, I first thought the timing of the sacking was really stupid, but if you think about it, the board were quite clever from one angle, bearing in mind we were to play the most important swans v scum game in the entire history of the clubs, motivation and passion was never going to be lacking in this match. so sacking him a few days before made it look like they'd made an immediate improvement. I think a lot of fans knew HJ had been itching to do this from the start of the season, after agentgate.
At least now HJ can tell GM what his paltry budget is for new players and there'll be no threat of resignation from the manager.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 03:39 - Feb 10 with 1655 viewsGeneralJack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:16 - Feb 9 by Spratty

Darren you have in numerous posts called Laudrup strange

In your mind is someone strange if they don't live their life according to your prescript?

To me he seemes a modest decent man who was delighted at the progress we made under him. If your look at the cup final pictures his face is absolutely bursting with pride and what you see as disinterest I see as embarrassment at a fuss - hogging the limelight was not his way, neither claiming credit for others achievements or claiming to have invented passing. When he spoke about the ex managers it was always with respect to what they had achieved and dismissing his part as tweaking despite bringing in very important players.

Is it to little to ask to afford him a bit of respect. This constant slagging off smacks of insecurity about sacking him and a need to justify it rather than it just being what it is.

Very well put sir, I'm sure there are a few thousand fans who feel the same.
Thank you for introducing a little class.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 05:23 - Feb 10 with 1625 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 02:45 - Feb 10 by GeneralJack

It would be pathetic of the players if that's true, but beware, lots of rumours trying to dis ML being leaked out from the club. this could be another, like the one about their poor fitness levels LOL. We've been stronger than the opposition in the second half of almost every game this season.
Big John Hartson got it right on Football Focus Saturday ''I don't think the sacking was done for football reasons''
Most fans with a brain already worked it out, I first thought the timing of the sacking was really stupid, but if you think about it, the board were quite clever from one angle, bearing in mind we were to play the most important swans v scum game in the entire history of the clubs, motivation and passion was never going to be lacking in this match. so sacking him a few days before made it look like they'd made an immediate improvement. I think a lot of fans knew HJ had been itching to do this from the start of the season, after agentgate.
At least now HJ can tell GM what his paltry budget is for new players and there'll be no threat of resignation from the manager.

Cant argue with any of that, top post fella !
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 07:54 - Feb 10 with 1581 viewswaynekerr55

Perhaps ML's biggest mistake was not having strong assistants who could stimulate the players through excellent coaching and effective conditioning.

He had strengths - an eye for a player and last year the playing style was effective. Looks like he lost interest this year and the biggest thing that left a bitter taste was the nonsense with his agent. Diplomat my arse

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 08:07 - Feb 10 with 1565 viewsJohnw102

Some nice comments from Ash here, http://www.footballcourier.com/news/story/2919644/williams-win-was-for-laudrup/f

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:04 - Feb 10 with 1494 viewsJackSomething

What a load of nonsense, especially the last sentence.

Laudrup would have known the kind of money he'd have to spend here when he took the job, while we allowed him to break our transfer record 3 times in 2 years, with the last signing more than doubling our previous record!

For those 3 record signings we got a great striker who Laudrup seemed reluctant to play for a long time, a winger who is alternately brilliant, awful or injured, and a midfielder who offered nothing for a season before being bombed out of the club. Mixed results there.

I'm disappointed things worked out the way they did, thank Laudrup for bringing us our first major trophy and wish him all the best for the future. I wish there was a little less sniping about Laudrup going on, but it's understandable for the flak the club are taking for sacking him and appointing Monk (compare to the reaction to Spurs sacking AVB and appointing Sherwood).

Most fans with a brain would know that no matter how Huw may have felt about Laudrup personally, he would not take such drastic action if he didn't feel it was in the best interests of the club. If he thought that Laudrup was able to improve our form and keep us in the division, he'd still be here.

No doubt Huw has made mistakes and will continue to do so, but anonymous internet no-marks like yourself insulting his integrity is truly insignificant and pathetic.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:07 - Feb 10 with 1486 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:04 - Feb 10 by JackSomething

Laudrup would have known the kind of money he'd have to spend here when he took the job, while we allowed him to break our transfer record 3 times in 2 years, with the last signing more than doubling our previous record!

For those 3 record signings we got a great striker who Laudrup seemed reluctant to play for a long time, a winger who is alternately brilliant, awful or injured, and a midfielder who offered nothing for a season before being bombed out of the club. Mixed results there.

I'm disappointed things worked out the way they did, thank Laudrup for bringing us our first major trophy and wish him all the best for the future. I wish there was a little less sniping about Laudrup going on, but it's understandable for the flak the club are taking for sacking him and appointing Monk (compare to the reaction to Spurs sacking AVB and appointing Sherwood).

Most fans with a brain would know that no matter how Huw may have felt about Laudrup personally, he would not take such drastic action if he didn't feel it was in the best interests of the club. If he thought that Laudrup was able to improve our form and keep us in the division, he'd still be here.

No doubt Huw has made mistakes and will continue to do so, but anonymous internet no-marks like yourself insulting his integrity is truly insignificant and pathetic.

Magnificent post.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:13 - Feb 10 with 1478 viewsraynor94

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:04 - Feb 10 by JackSomething

Now that is a top post!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:16 - Feb 10 with 1476 viewsQuientus

I think Laudrup was sacked, mainly because of the disagreements between himself and HJ ...

HJ (the board) and Laudrup were disagreeing in regards to transfers.

It was a power move by the board (HJ). The West Ham game just provided a reaonable excuse in my opinion. Had they (HJ) waited, and it turned out Swansea wasn't going to be relagated and still in contention in the FA Cup aswell as in the EL, HJ would have a difficult time justifying sacking Laudrup.

The relationship between Laudrup and HJ was bound for collision, seeing as HJ still wants to exert influence on the transfers, regardless if targets are being targetted who lies within the budget.

Laudrup as a manager wants total influence, which is (probably) why they couldn't come to terms ...(?)

If Swansea wants (truly) to rise to the "next" level, the Board (Huw Jenkins) need to realize that it will require a broader squad, and probably also a higher wagestructure ... Along with giving a possible new manager the final decision on transfers.

Unless the current constellation with "just having" a HC is what HJ (the Board) wants, that Way HJ will retain influence on transfers ...
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 09:40 - Feb 10 with 1445 viewsWarwickHunt

I reckon that's pretty spot on - there's been an awful lot of revisionism going on here and more than the odd sheep tagging along.

This was a battle between Jenkins and Laudrup and it started last summer - I doubt if Laudrup's methods or demeanour have changed much since he got here. Two big egos and two very stubborn, single-minded people - I think it likely that they both dug their heels in to the detriment of the club. There was only ever going to be one winner though.

Truth is, neither party have come out of this very well. Jenkins not very subtly undermining Laudrup in the press and the constant leak of rumours out of the club before and after Laudrup's dismissal have been a disgrace.

With everyone coming back to fitness I doubt very much whether we'd have been in serious danger of relegation anyway. We were superb against Man City only a month ago (aye - one those big teams that we apparently concede defeat to before we go on the pitch...) so I'm not sure the terminal decline argument is valid either.

Laudrup would have gone at the end of the season but it's now cost us an awful lot of money in compo and possibly another big pay day when he left. In the meantime we've got a rookie in charge.

You'll forgive me if I don't hang out the bunting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024