Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Willliams says Swansea's derby win was for Michael Laudrup 16:21 - Feb 10 with 2924 viewsSwanfan1

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9159297/premier-league-ashley-will

Wales defender Williams believes the players also have to take responsibility for the Dane's exit, and described the win over the Bluebirds as a thank you to their former boss.

"There is a bit of a thank you in this performance - that is how I feel. Hopefully he (Laudrup) was watching."
Ashley Williams
"We feel 100 per cent responsible," said Williams. "You might look at the manager or look at his staff but at the end of the day, you are on the pitch.

"There is a bit of a thank you in this performance - that is how I feel. Hopefully he was watching.

"It was not that we didn't perform for him and we performed for Monks - it is just that he did this as well.

"It is the same team he had and the players he brought in. This is for everyone involved."

The 29-year-old also revealed how Monk had made his players sit and watch a documentary - BBC Wales' 'Swansea City: The Fall and Rise' - to remind them of the club's history and their climb from the depths of League Two to the heights of the Premier League.

"We had a bit of homework. It helped a bit," Williams said.

"I watched it and it helped me. I have been here for six years and I found out some stuff I didn't know, and it helps you respect the place a bit more.

"It's important. Garry knows the club - he is someone who has been involved for so long and, for myself and Leon (Britton), we have built it up.

"We feel like we have built it to a level and we do not want to see it go so quickly. It is our fault. If we pulled our socks up, we could get ourselves out of it."

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024