Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins 16:16 - Feb 16 with 10696 viewsmacman

Well, let's see so far:

With half a squad ML managed to keep us in 12th spot in the PL, last 16 in the FA and last 32 in the EL.

With more or less a full squad GM has managed 4 points against two very weak teams and now out of the FA, bravo. Next we can ambitious ourselves out of the EL with a full team selection, because I hope noone really believes GM is tactically up to play against a team like Napoli.

And when Britton is 47 and still playing the Swansea way, where do you think Swanesea will be playing?

ps. Just to spare Darran his favourite 100% likely to come comment: "F*ck off"

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/103603/ok-a-due-apology-
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 19:56]
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 22:06 - Feb 16 with 1321 viewsporschejack

Do the decent thing and Red yourself up , or blue if you're in that camp .
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 23:05 - Feb 16 with 1277 viewsMolliemick

macman is obviously a plastic
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 23:08 - Feb 16 with 1273 viewsSwanseajill

OP? I don't think I'll be in my bath crying into my flannel if we...as you put it 'ambitious' ourselves out of the EL.
We will have made ourselves proud for the way we have played, and how far we have come in that particular competition.
My ambition for the club is to stay in the PL, gaining on the top six clubs, steady ourselves, and not to outgrow too quickly.

I love the way people give their opinion on here and think they know best. And they are unlikely to ever having been invoved in running a football club in any way. But THEY think they could do so much better.
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 23:11 - Feb 16 with 1268 viewsDull1Thomas

But what is our ambition, our goal?
If it is to stay in the Prem and not be distracted by cups then we are Stoke.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 23:16 - Feb 16 with 1260 viewsSwanseajill

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 23:11 - Feb 16 by Dull1Thomas

But what is our ambition, our goal?
If it is to stay in the Prem and not be distracted by cups then we are Stoke.

I am shocked that you compare us with Dirty Stoke.

Go wash your fingers with soap and water
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 00:27 - Feb 17 with 1239 viewsUxbridge

We play in the Europa League knockout stages in 5 days time. Vs Napoli. We've got to set priorities, and a once in a generation European knockout tie is pretty much where it's at for us. If the club believe something had to give then I'm glad it was this one.

And of course let's not forget it was actually a pretty good performance until Taylor's brainfart.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 08:33 - Feb 17 with 1196 viewsAnotherJohn

I accept that there is a reasonable argument to be made about priorities and 'once in a generation' European runs. What disappoints me though (even after a night's sleep) is blowing a once in a generation FA Cup opportunity. As far as I can recall (and I haven't combed the record book) beating Everton would have taken the Swans to an FA Cup Quarter Final for only the third time in our history, and the first time since 1963-64. Rotate a bit yes, but it was obvious that eight players was excessive. And why didn't we go with Bony and two decent wingers for 30 minutes in the second half? I have my ticket for Thursday, but the question now in my mind is: do we want to progress?
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 08:42 - Feb 17 with 1186 viewsUxbridge

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 08:33 - Feb 17 by AnotherJohn

I accept that there is a reasonable argument to be made about priorities and 'once in a generation' European runs. What disappoints me though (even after a night's sleep) is blowing a once in a generation FA Cup opportunity. As far as I can recall (and I haven't combed the record book) beating Everton would have taken the Swans to an FA Cup Quarter Final for only the third time in our history, and the first time since 1963-64. Rotate a bit yes, but it was obvious that eight players was excessive. And why didn't we go with Bony and two decent wingers for 30 minutes in the second half? I have my ticket for Thursday, but the question now in my mind is: do we want to progress?

We'll be two games away from the 5th round again next season.

And hopefully with a better draw. Some years you've just got to take the hint from the draw and accept the fates don't want you to win it this year.

Login to get fewer ads

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 08:43 - Feb 17 with 1183 viewsItchySphincter

Don't get too wrapped up in priorities. The only thing the club wants this year is remain in the top flight, and even if we don't it won't be the end of the world as we'll be one of, if not the strongest club outside of it. Time to chill,let Gary and the boys get on with it and stop reading the Mirror.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 08:44 - Feb 17 with 1181 viewsClinton

See your points but apart from Napoli, we have the league game against liverpool next weekend and we still need points.
We can have a go at the FA Cup next year and the year after etc etc. We might actually get drawn at home and against lower league teams in another year. The draw was against us this year, it's just one of those things. We'd have been pretty cheesed off if we gave Bony a run and he picked up an injury and a goal only to be drawn against Arsenal away in the next round.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 08:46 - Feb 17 with 1172 viewsswanny

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:37 - Feb 16 by exiledclaseboy

I knew clicking on this thread was a mistake.

...like picking a scab.....

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 08:46 - Feb 17 with 1171 viewsWarwickHunt

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 08:42 - Feb 17 by Uxbridge

And hopefully with a better draw. Some years you've just got to take the hint from the draw and accept the fates don't want you to win it this year.

You are Glenn Hoddle and I claim my five pounds.
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 08:51 - Feb 17 with 1164 viewsAnotherJohn

Well, I know it is time to move on, but a last thought on this is that on one of two times we ever made the semi-finals we beat Arsenal on the way. It was 1925-26 mind!
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 08:53 - Feb 17 with 1158 viewsClinton

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 08:51 - Feb 17 by AnotherJohn

Well, I know it is time to move on, but a last thought on this is that on one of two times we ever made the semi-finals we beat Arsenal on the way. It was 1925-26 mind!

Was Leon playing ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 08:53 - Feb 17 with 1157 viewsUxbridge

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 08:46 - Feb 17 by WarwickHunt

You are Glenn Hoddle and I claim my five pounds.

Calm down Eileen.

How was my bessie mate?

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 09:05 - Feb 17 with 1139 viewsWarwickHunt

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 08:53 - Feb 17 by Uxbridge

Calm down Eileen.

How was my bessie mate?

That's this week...

I've packed my earplugs.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 9:06]
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 10:06 - Feb 17 with 1089 viewsperchrockjack

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:52 - Feb 16 by JackSomething

I remember 4 absolutely shocking team performances very clearly.

We can argue forever and a day whether we should have sacked Laudrup and replaced him with Monk, but surely no-one can argue that he was no longer able to motivate the players.

Look at the difference in Hernandez in the last 3 games. He's playing like the shackles are off.

We agree. Praise the Lord.
HE is gone and its our club ,as always ,not the manager who is priority

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 12:33 - Feb 17 with 1041 viewsmacman

It's neither about ML, nor HJ or GM, it's about the club. Wigan went down after 6-7 years how do we avoid that. Maybe as someone suggested the stragedy should hire managers in the same way players are pciked rising stars travelling through; and players/managers with a strong club sense. Maybe in the end there is only room for one welsh club in the PL, money wise and player wise.
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 13:46 - Feb 17 with 992 viewsPlasticman

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 23:16 - Feb 16 by Swanseajill

I am shocked that you compare us with Dirty Stoke.

Go wash your fingers with soap and water

To be fair, some of the stuff our players did in the everton match was quite dirty.

Plastic since 2012

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 13:47 - Feb 17 with 991 viewsPlasticman

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 08:42 - Feb 17 by Uxbridge

what became of making your own fate?

Plastic since 2012

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 13:51 - Feb 17 with 987 viewsUxbridge

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 13:47 - Feb 17 by Plasticman

what became of making your own fate?

I'm not sure what influence the club can exert on how the balls are drawn at FA headquarters.

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 13:55 - Feb 17 with 975 viewsPlasticman

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 13:51 - Feb 17 by Uxbridge

I'm not sure what influence the club can exert on how the balls are drawn at FA headquarters.

You're still being far too deterministic for my taste.

Making your own fate should be not letting the draw of the fixture dictate your result, but letting your own ability do it.

Plastic since 2012

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 13:57 - Feb 17 with 974 viewsUxbridge

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 13:55 - Feb 17 by Plasticman

You're still being far too deterministic for my taste.

Making your own fate should be not letting the draw of the fixture dictate your result, but letting your own ability do it.

The draw dictates the likelihood of progression. A first choice team would be odds-against vs Everton, and definitely as it turned out with the 6th round draw. Given the numbers, and the more prestigious tie on Thursday and more important league matches coming up, you can see why they made the decision.

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 14:00 - Feb 17 with 966 viewsDarran

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 13:57 - Feb 17 by Uxbridge

The draw dictates the likelihood of progression. A first choice team would be odds-against vs Everton, and definitely as it turned out with the 6th round draw. Given the numbers, and the more prestigious tie on Thursday and more important league matches coming up, you can see why they made the decision.

Our first team always wins at Goodison mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 14:07 - Feb 17 with 963 viewsUxbridge

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 14:00 - Feb 17 by Darran

Our first team always wins at Goodison mun.

Innit. Like we're ever going to beat Everton. They could still be managed by Joe Royle and have Barry Horne in midfield and we'd still get our arses handed back to us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024