Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It may well become evident 08:26 - Feb 19 with 2577 viewsperchrockjack

that he board has done our great a great service here,albeit it could have been handled better .
Frankly, I sway towards people who are and have been there for us over several years and are doing what they can for our club.
Egotists like Laudrup are often cunning feckers and this guy has done a terrific media job-decent ,hinest and humble but very confused, but not that much to be so quick to instigate legal action.
Didn't know the reasons for his dismissal but these were subject of his comments.
Huw sussed him and took a brave step which may rebound on us all but I feel LAUDRUP was driving us down.
The Press have contempt for our club ,eg talkshuite but we should use this as incentive to feck them all so bring the rest of the season on and make them have it-all of them

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

It may well become evident on 08:37 - Feb 19 with 2532 viewsZut_Alors

Good post, Sir.

One point, though, is that the board knew Laudrup's history of disputes with other clubs, so they're not completely innocent in all of this. It's becoming more and more clear that Laudrup's managerial reigns follow a clear pattern of success, followed by dispute, which leads to an acrimonious departure. Still, in terms of making the right decision and getting shot before things got worse, I fully support the board's choice.

I'd like to see him get a big club appointment next. Not because I feel he deserved better from us, but it would answer a lot of the interesting questions surrounding his ability to manage at the very top. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on his career from here onwards. If I were a betting man, I'd say he'd get a shot at a club like Spurs, but would ultimately fail to build on his success with us. From there, I'd wager he'll take a shot at the Danish national team, but where that will end up I have no idea.
It may well become evident on 08:42 - Feb 19 with 2505 viewsdameedna

I would be pleased to see us as an established Premiership outfit like Everton. We need to be part of the system. In Laudrup we had a guy who could bring in some good players.

Unfortunately our budget did not fit with his aspirations and I can only summise that large signing on fees and high wages (with maybe others benefitting) lead to the accountants shutting up shop. Emnes/Ngog.

If that is the reason we all know financial prudence is best even if it means we do not become an Everton.
It may well become evident on 08:43 - Feb 19 with 2501 viewsperchrockjack

He seems to have left Spartak Mallorca and Getafe in similar circs and portayed himself as victim again ,utterly innocent.
His pitiful puerile antics are clearly devious and many in the Press have been taking in. When you ghet the likes of Adrian Durham, Darren Gough, Paul Merson slagging you off you just know youre in the right.
I may be wrong and hope I aint but Huw Jenkins will one day soon be seen as saving our club from a massive drop asnd those doubting him now on here will not have the guts to admit their being taken in by it all.
Laudrup has passion and commitment but only for Michael Laudrup.

Which reminds me to dump the bargain pack of Bacon we bought last week

It may well become evident on 08:47 - Feb 19 with 2479 viewsswanny

To be honest I'm quite sickened by all the bickering (although 'twas ever thus) I did think that Laudrup was a class act, and would have prefered him to maintain a dignified silence - however he has chosen to feed the press hounds, by saying, well, actually nothing very much, just a couple of vague accusations and apparent bewilderment. I do hope that there is no comeback PR wise from our Board so that we can concentrate on salvaging the rest of the season, without constantly regurgitating the same arguments ad nauseum.
I notice that PS Board Members who are genuinely 'In the Know' generally say very little on here, therefore any info coming from...a friend of a friend who knows leigh dineen's cat, should surely be taken with a LARGE barrel of cerebos.
We have a huge match coming up tomorrow and we still have 'fans' coming on here slagging off the board and just waiting for monk to fail. Seriously...is there any ore to be said on the subject? Can't we just move away from this episode. My final word on the subject.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

It may well become evident on 08:57 - Feb 19 with 2428 viewsmonmouth

"Which reminds me to dump the bargain pack of Bacon we bought last week" LMAO, nice one.

+ Great post Swanny.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

It may well become evident on 08:58 - Feb 19 with 2417 viewscaerleon_jack

Urgh...I agree with something perchie has posted...I feel dirty...*shudder*

Insert something witty here

It may well become evident on 09:12 - Feb 19 with 2371 viewsJackSomething

It may well become evident on 08:58 - Feb 19 by caerleon_jack

Urgh...I agree with something perchie has posted...I feel dirty...*shudder*

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Sorry Perch, couldn't resist. I do agree with you though, good post.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

It may well become evident on 09:45 - Feb 19 with 2318 viewsperchrockjack

Feel dirty, ? feel dirty.
Just having storm damage to house done and felt dirty all week. One of the problems living on the coast

I m trying to arrange morning coffee /tea and tiffen for travelling jacks for the Liverpool game but had to respond seeing this headworking bland piece of Danish dross on my TV screen last night looking lost and lonesome.

One final song for mickey

Some of the words seem aposite

Login to get fewer ads

It may well become evident on 09:45 - Feb 19 with 2315 viewsperchrockjack

It may well become evident on 09:45 - Feb 19 by perchrockjack

Feel dirty, ? feel dirty.
Just having storm damage to house done and felt dirty all week. One of the problems living on the coast

I m trying to arrange morning coffee /tea and tiffen for travelling jacks for the Liverpool game but had to respond seeing this headworking bland piece of Danish dross on my TV screen last night looking lost and lonesome.

One final song for mickey

Some of the words seem aposite

It may well become evident on 09:55 - Feb 19 with 2268 viewsgibs0n

I think the Laudrup chapter is closed now. Unless the board wants to comment the conference :-)
I think there has been mistakes from both sides in this, and hopefully everyone learned from then.
Time to move on and fight for our chances in the Euro Cup :-)
It may well become evident on 10:45 - Feb 19 with 2134 viewsCooperman

It may well become evident on 08:37 - Feb 19 by Zut_Alors

Good post, Sir.

One point, though, is that the board knew Laudrup's history of disputes with other clubs, so they're not completely innocent in all of this. It's becoming more and more clear that Laudrup's managerial reigns follow a clear pattern of success, followed by dispute, which leads to an acrimonious departure. Still, in terms of making the right decision and getting shot before things got worse, I fully support the board's choice.

I'd like to see him get a big club appointment next. Not because I feel he deserved better from us, but it would answer a lot of the interesting questions surrounding his ability to manage at the very top. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on his career from here onwards. If I were a betting man, I'd say he'd get a shot at a club like Spurs, but would ultimately fail to build on his success with us. From there, I'd wager he'll take a shot at the Danish national team, but where that will end up I have no idea.

This is also a good post.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

It may well become evident on 11:32 - Feb 19 with 2044 viewsperchrockjack

In fact the longer this episode goes on the prouder I get.
Lil ol Swansea sacking a modern day legend of the game with over 100 caps .
This a club who refused to die, tis a cloub who should be a template for how to run a club.
#Ok our marketing and PR are crap but we should be flooding talkshuite over this and putting people straight.

It may well become evident on 12:14 - Feb 19 with 1951 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It may well become evident on 11:32 - Feb 19 by perchrockjack

This a club who refused to die, tis a cloub who should be a template for how to run a club.
#Ok our marketing and PR are crap but we should be flooding talkshuite over this and putting people straight.

Agree.

The club does need to grow in to the £100M business it has so suddenly become, what an absolute success story.
It may well become evident on 12:16 - Feb 19 with 1944 viewsperchrockjack

Any business has to progress just to stay still.

We ve got so much work to do its ridiculous..

Our marketing is atrocious ,our media too. We don't seem that professional monitoring fitness and health issues but we can learn.And will

It may well become evident on 12:25 - Feb 19 with 1920 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It may well become evident on 12:16 - Feb 19 by perchrockjack

Any business has to progress just to stay still.

We ve got so much work to do its ridiculous..

Our marketing is atrocious ,our media too. We don't seem that professional monitoring fitness and health issues but we can learn.And will

+10

Even the under 21s are looking better.
It may well become evident on 12:30 - Feb 19 with 1898 viewsepaul

Well said Richie

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

It may well become evident on 12:34 - Feb 19 with 1880 viewsperchrockjack

Yes and we ve now got hot water here.

Bedlam here at the moment as workies everywhere ..

Do you like black pudding?

It may well become evident on 14:26 - Feb 19 with 1743 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Great post - completly agree

Never about him, its about us

Lower league clubs have constantly said they wish to aspire to how our club is run as its done from the bottom up the right way

I've said for a long time that some of these premier league players aren't up to standard yet keep getting contracts no matter how many times they are relegated.

Maybe we've just proved that when it comes to dealing with Swansea City your reputation counts for jack!! If you don't or aren't capable of doing the business for us we will move you on and find someone else - no matter who you are.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

It may well become evident on 00:17 - Feb 20 with 1551 viewsJethroJack

In a nut-shell, it was time to kill the assumption that we are a club that prospective managers can just use as a stepping stone to (so-called) bigger things.

Swansea City....take us seriously or don't bother applying.

In fact, if GM keeps doing the business for the rest of the season, there'll be nothing to apply for.
It may well become evident on 00:30 - Feb 20 with 1533 viewsDavillin

Proposed new banner for PlanetSwans Board page:

"We sacked Michael Laudrup, for fv<k's sake. We can sack you!"

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

It may well become evident on 13:57 - Feb 20 with 1385 viewsmacman

Yes, but who do you remember. Billy the Kid or the guy who shot him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024