Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales v Iceland, 19:44 - Mar 5 with 12188 viewsLiberty

Sky sports 4. The unofficial hope Ash doesn't get more injured thread
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 19:44]

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Wales v Iceland, on 13:28 - Mar 6 with 1265 viewsSTEVE1

Wales v Iceland, on 13:12 - Mar 6 by JBT95

Honestly I saw no Cardiff shirts yesterday, but not like I was looking, but a young lad in a SCFC shirt, funny how his dad how no colours on though, poor kid wouldn't understand (he was about 5).

Cardiff fans would wear their kit far more than Swans fans a 5 year old just puts on what is clean the father I can understand not wanting to wear a Swans shirt in s-um town.
Wales v Iceland, on 13:41 - Mar 6 with 1245 viewsUxbridge

Wales v Iceland, on 13:12 - Mar 6 by JBT95

Honestly I saw no Cardiff shirts yesterday, but not like I was looking, but a young lad in a SCFC shirt, funny how his dad how no colours on though, poor kid wouldn't understand (he was about 5).

So, let me get this straight. The only club colours you saw at legoland yesterday were worn by one kid wearing a Swans top. Is this correct?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Wales v Iceland, on 13:54 - Mar 6 with 1232 viewsDull1Thomas

Wales v Iceland, on 13:41 - Mar 6 by Uxbridge

So, let me get this straight. The only club colours you saw at legoland yesterday were worn by one kid wearing a Swans top. Is this correct?

A good chance of not being allowed in if an adult was to wear a Swans shirt to a Wales game in Cariff and vice versa.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Wales v Iceland, on 13:59 - Mar 6 with 1220 viewsUxbridge

Wales v Iceland, on 13:54 - Mar 6 by Dull1Thomas

A good chance of not being allowed in if an adult was to wear a Swans shirt to a Wales game in Cariff and vice versa.

Well to be honest I find it hard to believe that the only club colour worn at legoland were one kid in a Swans top. Now, as yesterday they broke the world record for number of empty seats on show at an international game, I can only go on historical precedence, but as every Wales game I've seen down there has seen pictures of hundreds of skiprats dressed in their blue/red tops and we have anecdotal evidence of people hearing basseys trying to find Swans fans to cause issue with, I'm going to have to call bullshit on this one.

Wales v Iceland, on 14:10 - Mar 6 with 1193 viewsDull1Thomas

Wales v Iceland, on 13:59 - Mar 6 by Uxbridge

Well to be honest I find it hard to believe that the only club colour worn at legoland were one kid in a Swans top. Now, as yesterday they broke the world record for number of empty seats on show at an international game, I can only go on historical precedence, but as every Wales game I've seen down there has seen pictures of hundreds of skiprats dressed in their blue/red tops and we have anecdotal evidence of people hearing basseys trying to find Swans fans to cause issue with, I'm going to have to call bullshit on this one.

The last Wales game I went to was at the Liberty - quite a few Manc and Liverpool shirts (red I suppose) a few Wrexham a few Swans but not many. No Cardiff (it was before their sell out so they still played in blue) until 10 minutes before the end of the game. Then a fe appeared only to be covered up when they drew attention to themselves.
To be fair to the Newport and gogs they joined in a few anti Cardiff chants.

Wales v Iceland, on 14:13 - Mar 6 with 1191 viewsLiberty

If he only saw a Swans top, he only saw a Swans top. Thats not saying that some Cardiff fans didnt wear their tops, he just didnt notice. Some dont pay much attention to such things, probably had on under coats etc.

And if Cardiff fans aree walking round looking for trouble, they would be the last ones who would be wearing cardiff gear, out of their fans.

Wales v Iceland, on 14:19 - Mar 6 with 1185 viewsJBT95

Wales v Iceland, on 13:41 - Mar 6 by Uxbridge

Yes I only saw one Swans shirt on a little boy, no Cardiff, Newport or Wrexham, English team, Madrid. All the rest were Welsh. I don't go looking though.

There was a higher attendance yesterday of 13290 compared to 11809 vs Finland, Finland having about 600 more than vs Macedonia. The Ninian stand was shut as they were working on the outside of it (steel going up etc) to make it bigger, so everybody was in the other three stands, I was in the Canton (where the Iceland and last two Wales goals went in) and it looked full from where I was sat. The Grange(?) end opposite looked about 3/4 full in the half that was open and the main stand was also about 3/4 full. The cameras looked onto the closed Ninian.

If you don't go, how can you criticise the attendance. £10 to watch your national side with quite a few players from the club you support and those with connections and the most expensive player in the world, yet you'd prefer to slag me off for saying club colours should be banned on a forum.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2014 14:26]
Wales v Iceland, on 14:23 - Mar 6 with 1172 viewsDull1Thomas

Wales v Iceland, on 14:19 - Mar 6 by JBT95

Yes I only saw one Swans shirt on a little boy, no Cardiff, Newport or Wrexham, English team, Madrid. All the rest were Welsh. I don't go looking though.

There was a higher attendance yesterday of 13290 compared to 11809 vs Finland, Finland having about 600 more than vs Macedonia. The Ninian stand was shut as they were working on the outside of it (steel going up etc) to make it bigger, so everybody was in the other three stands, I was in the Canton (where the Iceland and last two Wales goals went in) and it looked full from where I was sat. The Grange(?) end opposite looked about 3/4 full in the half that was open and the main stand was also about 3/4 full. The cameras looked onto the closed Ninian.

If you don't go, how can you criticise the attendance. £10 to watch your national side with quite a few players from the club you support and those with connections and the most expensive player in the world, yet you'd prefer to slag me off for saying club colours should be banned on a forum.

Do you still have to go through all the rigmarole of signing up to the Welsh FA to get a ticket? That and the thought of going to Cardiff puts me off.

Login to get fewer ads

Wales v Iceland, on 14:27 - Mar 6 with 1163 viewsJBT95

Wales v Iceland, on 14:23 - Mar 6 by Dull1Thomas

Do you still have to go through all the rigmarole of signing up to the Welsh FA to get a ticket? That and the thought of going to Cardiff puts me off.

No you can just turn up on the day and buy one. Memberships are needed for away tickets though and costs £10, plus you get 15% off Welsh merch and a membership pack, which for the last Euros came with a scarf.
Wales v Iceland, on 14:33 - Mar 6 with 1153 viewsJBT95

Wales v Iceland, on 21:16 - Mar 5 by Jackfath

It's a shame he'll never get to play in a major tournament, and also he'll play all his international career with miniscule crowds watching.

Asshole.
Wales v Iceland, on 14:34 - Mar 6 with 1150 viewsDarran

Wales are shit.
End of thread.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wales v Iceland, on 14:37 - Mar 6 with 1148 viewsDull1Thomas

Wales v Iceland, on 14:27 - Mar 6 by JBT95

No you can just turn up on the day and buy one. Memberships are needed for away tickets though and costs £10, plus you get 15% off Welsh merch and a membership pack, which for the last Euros came with a scarf.

Thanks,
Now I know that I might feel a tinge of guilt when I don't go to the next game.

Wales v Iceland, on 14:44 - Mar 6 with 1139 viewstreboethjack

Wales v Iceland, on 14:34 - Mar 6 by Darran

Wales are shit.
End of thread.

Thanks for the input, glad it was constructive.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Wales v Iceland, on 15:01 - Mar 6 with 1120 viewsUxbridge

Wales v Iceland, on 14:19 - Mar 6 by JBT95

I can criticise the crowd in the same way that Avatomato came out and lambasted the Swansea public for not supporting Wales in the past, despite refusing to do so when smaller crowds for more glamorous Wales games at legoland occur. I can criticise the crowds due to the FAW policy to raise the middle finger to the rest of Wales and only play games in our beloved capitol (sic). I can criticise the FAW because they have done absolutely nothing to stop Wales games become fractious events where gangs of supporters of one club go and try and start fights with fans of other clubs, or sing sick songs in reference to them.

I'm not slagging you off for saying club colours should be banned from Intl games. I agree with that, and have said so many many times before. I'm calling you a liar as I don't believe the only shirt you saw was one Swans one.

Wales v Iceland, on 15:08 - Mar 6 with 1104 viewsJBT95

Wales v Iceland, on 15:01 - Mar 6 by Uxbridge

I can criticise the crowd in the same way that Avatomato came out and lambasted the Swansea public for not supporting Wales in the past, despite refusing to do so when smaller crowds for more glamorous Wales games at legoland occur. I can criticise the crowds due to the FAW policy to raise the middle finger to the rest of Wales and only play games in our beloved capitol (sic). I can criticise the FAW because they have done absolutely nothing to stop Wales games become fractious events where gangs of supporters of one club go and try and start fights with fans of other clubs, or sing sick songs in reference to them.

I'm not slagging you off for saying club colours should be banned from Intl games. I agree with that, and have said so many many times before. I'm calling you a liar as I don't believe the only shirt you saw was one Swans one.

Why the hell would I lie? OK sorry I am lying... I saw a visit Malaysia Canton Dragons shirt... ON THE STAFF IN THE TICKET OFFICE!

Who cares where the game is played whilst it is in the country that is all that matters. Games can only be played the Millennium, CCS, Liberty & Llanelli because of UEFA rules. Cardiff is the best location really, easiest for everybody to get to especially when South East Wales has the biggest population. There are plenty of trains back to Swansea, and even Carmarthen, after the game whereas there are none the other way after 2028, well past Cardiff at least, and those that do are slow stopping services.

I have never encountered trouble at a Wales game myself, seen any nor heard offensive chanting aimed at Welsh clubs, and have done every game in Cardiff, Swansea & Llanelli since March 2003 when I was 7.

You accuse me of lying, but I would say you are as you clearly making this up.

If you don't wear club colours how will you get into trouble? Only if you go looking for it. You can get trouble at any football game if you look for it. Just go, enjoy the game, have a few drinks, everyones happy!
[Post edited 6 Mar 2014 15:12]
Wales v Iceland, on 15:12 - Mar 6 with 1097 viewsUxbridge

Wales v Iceland, on 15:08 - Mar 6 by JBT95

Why the hell would I lie? OK sorry I am lying... I saw a visit Malaysia Canton Dragons shirt... ON THE STAFF IN THE TICKET OFFICE!

Who cares where the game is played whilst it is in the country that is all that matters. Games can only be played the Millennium, CCS, Liberty & Llanelli because of UEFA rules. Cardiff is the best location really, easiest for everybody to get to especially when South East Wales has the biggest population. There are plenty of trains back to Swansea, and even Carmarthen, after the game whereas there are none the other way after 2028, well past Cardiff at least, and those that do are slow stopping services.

I have never encountered trouble at a Wales game myself, seen any nor heard offensive chanting aimed at Welsh clubs, and have done every game in Cardiff, Swansea & Llanelli since March 2003 when I was 7.

You accuse me of lying, but I would say you are as you clearly making this up.

If you don't wear club colours how will you get into trouble? Only if you go looking for it. You can get trouble at any football game if you look for it. Just go, enjoy the game, have a few drinks, everyones happy!
[Post edited 6 Mar 2014 15:12]

Balls. I've never gone looking for trouble in my life at any game of football but every international game I've seen basseys wearing their club colours, singing their club songs, singing anti-Swansea ones, booing Swansea players and, particularly away, making life very awkward for anyone who doesn't happen to support their club.

Wales v Iceland, on 15:14 - Mar 6 with 1088 viewsheadcleaner

I was there last night and all the staff in the ticket office wore Cardiff home shirts ( I know it's their ticket office but a bit pathetic all the same) I thought it was horrific last night sat behind the goal with a stand 3/4 full of early teenage chavs chanting the most moronic chants known to man. I know the swans lack originality when it comes to chants but these little chavs were on another level.

Tickets on sale to anyone on the night but parking has always been horrific with them charging £8 across the road in the athletics ground. Last time it was shut and we parked in Asda and incurred a penalty fine. The general huffing and anti jack rhetoric is is mildly amusing especially last night as we played in White with a squad bursting with jacks and ex jacks. It must be killing them slowly what with their current identity crisis and $hit football. Some drongos even had a tan out banner!
Wales v Iceland, on 15:14 - Mar 6 with 1088 viewsDarran

Wales v Iceland, on 15:12 - Mar 6 by Uxbridge

Balls. I've never gone looking for trouble in my life at any game of football but every international game I've seen basseys wearing their club colours, singing their club songs, singing anti-Swansea ones, booing Swansea players and, particularly away, making life very awkward for anyone who doesn't happen to support their club.

Hoolie hoolie hooligan.

Wales v Iceland, on 15:24 - Mar 6 with 1070 viewsUxbridge

Wales v Iceland, on 15:14 - Mar 6 by Darran

Hoolie hoolie hooligan.

After your actions at the derby match towards Solskjaer, I don't think you're one to be making jokes ....

Wales v Iceland, on 15:28 - Mar 6 with 1066 viewsDarran

Wales v Iceland, on 15:24 - Mar 6 by Uxbridge

After your actions at the derby match towards Solskjaer, I don't think you're one to be making jokes ....

WTF?

Wales v Iceland, on 15:29 - Mar 6 with 1068 viewsJBT95

Wales v Iceland, on 15:12 - Mar 6 by Uxbridge

How come Williams got a huge reception when he left the pitch then?
Wales v Iceland, on 15:31 - Mar 6 with 1065 viewsUxbridge

Wales v Iceland, on 15:29 - Mar 6 by JBT95

How come Williams got a huge reception when he left the pitch then?

How come he got booed a couple of games ago, and particularly after he was made captain?

Wales v Iceland, on 15:33 - Mar 6 with 1062 viewsUxbridge

Wales v Iceland, on 15:28 - Mar 6 by Darran

WTF?

Denial eh. Probably wise.

Wales v Iceland, on 16:18 - Mar 6 with 1027 viewsLiberty

Wales v Iceland, on 15:24 - Mar 6 by Uxbridge

Spill beans,

On the Wales front, sad that you go to a match and the biggest risk of abuse or trouble is between fans of same team, bubble trips in future

Wales v Iceland, on 17:01 - Mar 6 with 992 viewsHighjack

There were plenty of people in Cardiff shirts. Interestingly I didn't see a single blue one though.

Don't get me wrong, I had a great night, and didn't feel threatened or particularly uncomfortable. It's just pitiful and laughable that grown men act like that at an international football game. Especially the "Gas a Jack" nonsense. I can confidently say no other club has that level of moronic imbeciles in such large numbers. Every club has their idiots but Cardiff seem to have at least 10 times their fair share.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024