Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Victor Meldrew Moment 14:36 - Mar 20 with 8613 viewsGretsch

Boring old day so my top ten niggles recently, whats yours ?

1. Play Dates - Where the fook did that come from ?? Going out to play, going down my mates/friends for goodness sake. Posh mothers eh!

2. Crossing the road diagonally on a cross roads with lights - Tufty sqirrel told me you have to cross at 90 degress even if it takes longer,

3. Roundabouts and Women - Inside lane, is for you - You are not entitled to swing into MY outside lane before you filter left.

4. Get your purse out, you kinow you have to pay.

5. Math - It's MATHS over here mun.

6. Trousers hanging down your arse - Dont want to see you pants mate, it's not fashion its your trousers around the crack of your arse.

7. People who wont let you take a chair in a pub as their missus is coming, and sit there alone all night.

8. Screaming banshees of women in pubs, who always say "ahh I'm the crazy one I am" - If you got to tell me you are, your not.

9. Facebook - Liking, your likes etc.

10. Facebook post " Will you like these heroes, if you dont your a bastard". No I wont like it cos you said to, I'll put money in a box or buy a band, will you.
Victor Meldrew Moment on 10:54 - Mar 21 with 1640 viewsWarwickHunt

Apart from most of the above...

People who say ezzackly/assessories
Cyclists on the f*cking pavement
People who say “yeah?” at the end of every f*cking sentence
Cyclists who don’t stop at traffic lights and ignore the rest of the f*cking Highway Code
C*nts who undertake on the motorway
Tribute bands
C*nts who park in the middle of a two bay parking space
Getting asked if I need a bag when I’ve just spent a f*cking fortune at a supermarket - no luv, I’ll put it in my pocket.
Cold calls - especially from Indians in Mumbai pretending to be called Michael
Scrotes brandishing some dodgy badge claiming to be on some scheme knocking on my door trying to sell me overpriced f*cking tea towels
Godbotherers knocking on my door
Anyone knocking on my door other than mates or delivery men
Not being able to get a medium rare burger because of elf & safety
Being offered instant coffee - it’s not 1972, are you in a f*cking timewarp?
Victor Meldrew Moment on 11:27 - Mar 21 with 1614 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Victor Meldrew Moment on 16:39 - Mar 20 by llangyfelach

* Bullying
* Barbara Windsor
* The bingo advert with Barbara Windsor
* Any repeated Carry On Film starring Barbara Windsor
* Repeats of Eastenders with Barbara Windsor
* Pr*cks who stay in the outside lane when there are roadworks and try and dart in last minute - after 10 hours on a computer in the office I'll gladly sacrifice my right wing and bumper you c*nts
* People who don't indicate - aye, cos my Derren Brown starter kit works perfectly you c*nt
* Microsoft Excel
* Personal Development Plans / SMART Objectives

F*CK OFF

Leave me alone, I'm 40

I'm guilty of no. 6 sorry - I don't see why more people don't do it, there's 2 lanes for a reason.

Victor Meldrew Moment on 11:28 - Mar 21 with 1607 viewsWarwickHunt

Victor Meldrew Moment on 11:27 - Mar 21 by Jack_y_Jwc

I'm guilty of no. 6 sorry - I don't see why more people don't do it, there's 2 lanes for a reason.

And usually about a f*cking mile to get over into the right one...
Victor Meldrew Moment on 11:47 - Mar 21 with 1596 viewsBanosswan

The highway code says you should merge like a zip, so two lanes all the way. Unfortunately, most people don't so you end up joining a mile long queue.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Victor Meldrew Moment on 12:34 - Mar 21 with 1584 viewsPegojack

1. The ugly ancient dwarf who owns Formula One, Bernie Ecclescake, getting cracking birds just because he's got a squillion pounds (life is so unfair)
2. People collecting in the office for leaving present for a boss who earn six times your salary and does feck all
3. Sealed tops on plasic four pint milk bottles which are stuck on too tight and rip when you try to get them off
4. Caaants in cars who buzz you when you're cycling on the public highway or pull out in front of you as if you're invisible
5. Michael Gove
6. Putting the wheelie recycling bin out on the wrong day and finding it still full when you get home
7. Finding dog shite on the bottom of your shoe after you've walked it into the house
8. Getting food stuck in your windpipe
9. When your laptop says 'Please wait, 1 of 119 updates'
10. Poxy self serve tills in Morrisons which stop working because you commit the unspeakable crime of trying to put your goods in a fecking carrier bag
Victor Meldrew Moment on 14:29 - Mar 21 with 1552 viewsunion_jack

Great thread!
1. Worth repeating - the use of of instead of have specifically but generally any bad / incorrect use of English.
2. Americanisms. Math is the one as previously mentioned but also pi55ed instead if Pi55ed off. Pi55ed means drunk.
3. Text speak
4. White people talking in black gangsta accent.
5. The Welsh language and more specifically the need to translate everything even though it is only spoken by a few. Talk about pandering to the minority.
6. Acne carriages with drivers with baseball caps, just tall enough to see over the steering wheel and the bass turned up.
7. Any show on TV in the mould of The Voice, X Factor, I'm a Celebrity, Celebrity Bake Off, Dancing On Ice, Strictly Come Dancing.
8. Anything with Ant and Dec in it
9. The over protection of endangered species especially bats (I will elaborate if anyone is really interested)
10. People not acknowledging good manners on the road. A simple wave of thanks would suffice.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Victor Meldrew Moment on 14:40 - Mar 21 with 1543 viewsMrSwerve

Following on from one of your points Union Jack, I can't stand when two people talk (for example) in Welsh, when they know that the other person in the room can't.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Victor Meldrew Moment on 14:42 - Mar 21 with 1542 viewsMrSwerve

PS: 'Acne carriages'

Login to get fewer ads

Victor Meldrew Moment on 14:52 - Mar 21 with 1534 viewsllangyfelach

Victor Meldrew Moment on 11:27 - Mar 21 by Jack_y_Jwc

No need to apologise mate. I didn't realise until Banos mentioned above that its in the Highway Code to merge traffic like that anyway

You're all still outside lane c*nts though...

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Victor Meldrew Moment on 14:53 - Mar 21 with 1533 viewsUxbridge

Politicians. Of all creeds and persuasions and nationalities.

People who live every single miniscule bit of their life on Facebook.

American daylight savings time being 3 weeks ahead of everyone else's. Completely throws my lunch schedule out.

Leroy Lita.

The DVLA taking approximately 6 months, and counting, to return the missus' driving license and forcing me to drive everywhere. Sort it out you workshy fops.

People who rant and whinge about something and then get all huffity when called out on it. Yes I'm looking at you 90% of the East Stand.

This. Bloody. Weather.

The effect of This.Bloody.Weather. on my broadband connection. Up and down more than a tart's knickers.

The inability to buy a decent lager or any decent German wheat beer within a couple of miles of the Liberty. Coors is shit. Carling is worse. Least said about Fosters the better. Yet all three are pretty much staples anywhere east of Carmarthen Rd. Sort it out mun.

People whose idea of thanking you for letting their car through is to raise a finger off the steering wheel in some completely halfarsed acknowledgement of your kind gesture. Worse than ignoring said gesture. Manners mun. Cost nothing.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Victor Meldrew Moment on 15:37 - Mar 21 with 1516 viewsunion_jack

Victor Meldrew Moment on 14:40 - Mar 21 by MrSwerve

Following on from one of your points Union Jack, I can't stand when two people talk (for example) in Welsh, when they know that the other person in the room can't.

Funnily enough I've never encountered that though know others who have.
I have no problem with people conversing in Welsh of course. It's the political life support for a language that is spoken by the vast minority which costs a fortune that's the problem. Extra paint and metal on road signs / markings is bad enough without factoring in Welsh Language groups. Out of control! And don't get me started on compulsory Welsh GCSE. It's about time someone made a stand.

Victor Meldrew Moment on 15:46 - Mar 21 with 1506 viewsWarwickHunt

Victor Meldrew Moment on 14:42 - Mar 21 by MrSwerve

Innit.
Victor Meldrew Moment on 16:08 - Mar 21 with 1493 viewsThursday

1. People who get aggravated by things that really shouldn't bother them.
Victor Meldrew Moment on 16:10 - Mar 21 with 1489 viewslifelong

Victor Meldrew Moment on 14:40 - Mar 21 by MrSwerve

It must be terrible when you're in Wales and 2 people are speaking Welsh, whatever next?
Victor Meldrew Moment on 16:21 - Mar 21 with 1477 viewsUxbridge

Victor Meldrew Moment on 15:37 - Mar 21 by union_jack

Funnily enough I've never encountered that though know others who have.
I have no problem with people conversing in Welsh of course. It's the political life support for a language that is spoken by the vast minority which costs a fortune that's the problem. Extra paint and metal on road signs / markings is bad enough without factoring in Welsh Language groups. Out of control! And don't get me started on compulsory Welsh GCSE. It's about time someone made a stand.

Ooh, extra paint and metal. That's bankrupting territory right there.

Can't say it's something i feel strong enough about either way, but the Welsh language means a lot to a significant percentage of the population. Of course it should be supported. My kids are attending a Welsh language school (very good school as it goes) and as it helps enhance their language skills then I'm all for that. It's a shame that language skills are placed so low in this country when you look elsewhere where speaking multiple languages is the norm.

Victor Meldrew Moment on 16:36 - Mar 21 with 1363 viewsunion_jack

Victor Meldrew Moment on 16:21 - Mar 21 by Uxbridge

Ooh, extra paint and metal. That's bankrupting territory right there.

Can't say it's something i feel strong enough about either way, but the Welsh language means a lot to a significant percentage of the population. Of course it should be supported. My kids are attending a Welsh language school (very good school as it goes) and as it helps enhance their language skills then I'm all for that. It's a shame that language skills are placed so low in this country when you look elsewhere where speaking multiple languages is the norm.

Multiple meaningful languages.
Good for you and your kids. As I said, people speaking the language is great. Having it forced upon you IS NOT. All for the Welsh schools do long as they are not funded over and above what English speaking schools are.
As for extra paint and metal. I don't have figures in case you ask but it will be a significant cost yet not needed.

Victor Meldrew Moment on 16:45 - Mar 21 with 1353 viewsLohengrin

Victor Meldrew Moment on 14:42 - Mar 21 by MrSwerve

The Paranomasia Award for 2014 goes to UJ.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Victor Meldrew Moment on 16:52 - Mar 21 with 1350 viewsllangyfelach

I do love these Grumpy Old Men lists. Great to see so many of us get wound up over f*ck all

Barbara Windsor is still a c*nt though

Victor Meldrew Moment on 17:02 - Mar 21 with 1335 viewsunion_jack

11. People starting a reply to a question with the word 'so'. It seems to be creeping into our language slowly. Doesn't make sense and highly annoying.

I love this thread!!
[Post edited 21 Mar 2014 17:11]

Victor Meldrew Moment on 17:02 - Mar 21 with 1335 viewsLohengrin

Victor Meldrew Moment on 16:08 - Mar 21 by Thursday

1. People who get aggravated by things that really shouldn't bother them.

It's highly amusing when some go off the deep-end on here, though. As a free spectator sport it's hard to beat.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Victor Meldrew Moment on 17:07 - Mar 21 with 1332 viewsllangyfelach

(467) The Australian accent - stop finishing every sentence as if its a question you Antipodean clusterf*cks

*Edit - I love my cookery programmes, so Masterchef Australia, NZ etc are like heaven and hell in one show
[Post edited 21 Mar 2014 17:08]

Victor Meldrew Moment on 17:29 - Mar 21 with 1315 viewsUxbridge

Victor Meldrew Moment on 16:36 - Mar 21 by union_jack

Multiple meaningful languages.
Good for you and your kids. As I said, people speaking the language is great. Having it forced upon you IS NOT. All for the Welsh schools do long as they are not funded over and above what English speaking schools are.
As for extra paint and metal. I don't have figures in case you ask but it will be a significant cost yet not needed.

Define meaningful? Everyone speaks English in the Netherlands, Denmark. Sweden. There's a load we can ditch there.

Quite a few subjects are "forced" upto school leaving age. Maybe we should ditch those too?

Victor Meldrew Moment on 17:39 - Mar 21 with 1313 viewsWarwickHunt

Victor Meldrew Moment on 17:07 - Mar 21 by llangyfelach

(467) The Australian accent - stop finishing every sentence as if its a question you Antipodean clusterf*cks

*Edit - I love my cookery programmes, so Masterchef Australia, NZ etc are like heaven and hell in one show
[Post edited 21 Mar 2014 17:08]

Since when did "I said" become "and I'm like" ( or worse, de yoot in London trying to sound Jamaican with "ahn am lahk")?

People who say "like" every other f*cking word.
Victor Meldrew Moment on 17:43 - Mar 21 with 1309 viewsunion_jack

Victor Meldrew Moment on 17:29 - Mar 21 by Uxbridge

Define meaningful? Everyone speaks English in the Netherlands, Denmark. Sweden. There's a load we can ditch there.

Quite a few subjects are "forced" upto school leaving age. Maybe we should ditch those too?

Meaningful as in giving you the ability to speak to more people worldwide such as French, Spanish, German or even Chinese!
And you are wrong. Not everyone speaks English in the countries you mention. If however you had said everyone speaks English in Wales, well the you'd be spot on!!

Victor Meldrew Moment on 17:55 - Mar 21 with 1303 viewsMrSwerve

Victor Meldrew Moment on 16:10 - Mar 21 by lifelong

It must be terrible when you're in Wales and 2 people are speaking Welsh, whatever next?

I used Welsh as an example. I'm half Italian, so when my family come here and are in my home, sometimes they will speak Italian to eachother when i'm in the room. I know a bit of Italian, but they are fluent in English.

It's not a huge gripe but out of courtesy, if I were in their position I wouldnt speak in my mother tongue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024