Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The players are the problem 10:13 - Apr 15 with 6222 viewsmagicdaps10

Whoever comes in as our new manager and I hope and prey its as Swansea City a premier club has one hell of a job not only on the field of play but of it too.

Its quite obvious that the players have a massive problem with something and don't seem to be pulling all in the same direction. I think some players have to be let go, possibly players we don't want to go and we have to rebuild the squad.

Seems that this Spanish divide that many have decided to ignore or not believe on this board is rife within the camp. Seems like that the club has got into the premier league attitude in regards to the players, if they go down then what do I care, I will just move on to another premier league club.

This year has been worrying and still is but next year could be so much worse unless the right decisions are made in the summer and hopefully with us still a premier league club.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The players are the problem on 10:16 - Apr 15 with 4762 viewsDrizzle

The last time we had a spanish contingent we didn't sack their manager and idol. He left. Who knows how much ill feeling has lingered around the squad after ML left.
The players are the problem on 10:27 - Apr 15 with 4719 viewsmagicdaps10

There is been unrest about the divide of Spanish and other players even when Laudrup was here. Think Laudrup's relaxed approach has got a lot to answer for it and he has left a lot of problems behind him that the club have now got to deal with and that seems to be a lot of inflated ego's on the training pitch.

This is why we have to bring in a manager with no airs and graces who wants to make his mark in the game and not another ego ala Biesla.

Got to be a strong personality and at present the only one I think is perfect for us is Uwe Rosler.

The players are the problem on 10:31 - Apr 15 with 4697 viewsDarran

The players are the problem on 10:27 - Apr 15 by magicdaps10

There is been unrest about the divide of Spanish and other players even when Laudrup was here. Think Laudrup's relaxed approach has got a lot to answer for it and he has left a lot of problems behind him that the club have now got to deal with and that seems to be a lot of inflated ego's on the training pitch.

This is why we have to bring in a manager with no airs and graces who wants to make his mark in the game and not another ego ala Biesla.

Got to be a strong personality and at present the only one I think is perfect for us is Uwe Rosler.

Spratty will be along to answer that shortly.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The players are the problem on 10:37 - Apr 15 with 4672 viewsmagicdaps10

It has to be down to what happened under Laudrup.

To relaxed and these reports were coming out when Laudrup was boss and obviously this was a part of why the club got rid. This type of thing does not go away over night and its up to Monk and the board to sort it out and in that I mean just hope they can keep us in the league and get the right guy in at the end of season.

This never happened under Rodgers or Martinez!! Sousa and Laudrup prove that we do not want/need another name in the game because with it brings a ego.

The players are the problem on 10:37 - Apr 15 with 4672 viewsIAN05

The players are the problem on 10:16 - Apr 15 by Drizzle

The last time we had a spanish contingent we didn't sack their manager and idol. He left. Who knows how much ill feeling has lingered around the squad after ML left.

There may be a couple of players who still regard Laudrup as their idol, but I think people are over playing it.

Chico doesn't seem affected by it, Hernandez is playing with a spring in his step and admits that things needed to change, the same for JDG (not Spanish, but always tarred with same brush). Not convinced that Lamah would have lost too much sleep over it as he wasn't exactly one of the favourites.

People read way too much into Michu as well. The guy has been injured all year and even when he was fit he was always stropping around the pitch and looking angry, that us his style.
The players are the problem on 11:50 - Apr 15 with 4509 viewsSpratty

The players are the problem on 10:37 - Apr 15 by magicdaps10

To relaxed and these reports were coming out when Laudrup was boss and obviously this was a part of why the club got rid. This type of thing does not go away over night and its up to Monk and the board to sort it out and in that I mean just hope they can keep us in the league and get the right guy in at the end of season.

This never happened under Rodgers or Martinez!! Sousa and Laudrup prove that we do not want/need another name in the game because with it brings a ego.

If Monk and Ash were taken out of the equation do you think there is a possibility the problem would not have existed? Maybe things did have to change

Monk slagged of Sousa even for not being able to maintain a second half

Monk and Ash were criticising Laudrup's training as soon as he arrived. Soon shut up.

If the board had backed the manager things would be different

Do you think most players are ecstatic being managed be a management trainee who thinks he knows better than any manager.

Roberto - not an issue then and successful

Bren - knew power play and how to blow smoke plus successful

Laudrup - soon shut them up when he was so successful, crawled out again when going got tough with injuries and massively congested fixtures. One a player sidelined by Bren who Laudrup it seems assessed would not add to the management team. The other it seems ML wanted to replace, I wonder why? Certainly are some massive egos.

One things I liked most about Laudrup was his humilty and respect for others. From what I have observed the massive ego's belong to Ash and Monk.
The players are the problem on 12:03 - Apr 15 with 4461 viewsJokeren1943

We have a structural problem in how we play.

The effort among the players has general been impressive doing Monk (both spanish and british players).

But we really need a fast, world class defensive midfielder. We are getting killed, again and again on counterattacks.
The players are the problem on 13:55 - Apr 15 with 4231 viewsJackFish

Spratty, you're getting dangerously close to building a statue of Laudrup and sacrificing your firstborn to him.

Monk was certainly not alone in his criticism of Sousa, it wasn't only him who organised training sessions for squad members who thought they weren't fit enough. And they certainly weren't, as anyone who remembers us fading badly at the end of games against Bristol City and Cardiff, amongst others, to cost us playoff place would agree.

Just because a manager has previously been successful doesn't mean he's always right or that his methods are foolproof. Laudrup has fallen out with the board at every single club he's managed at, so we're hardly alone in that. It may be true that Monk and Williams were the ones instrumental in getting rid of him, however as club captain and captain on the pitch, don't you think it's part of their responsibility to speak up if they don't think what the manager is doing is right?

I also highly doubt it was some kind of elaborate coup to install Monk as king manager with Ash as his faithful sidekick, far more likely that they spoke up because of what the board have said - a general decline in standards that's seen us slip slowly down the table.

FWIW - I tend to agree that Monk is probably not the man for the job full time, so I'm not speaking as a Monk for manager poster-boy. Results have been pretty much the same since he took over and although I would say that the effort and performances have generally been a bit better, I think we do need better for next season.
Login to get fewer ads

The players are the problem on 19:28 - Apr 15 with 4062 viewsharemscarem

The players are the problem on 10:37 - Apr 15 by magicdaps10

Laudrup an ego? No way! He was probably too relaxed, but that is just his personality. I am convinced he and his staff was good, when it comes to tactic and training, but I also think they were not good at handling player problems like this. Anyway the players really should be more professionel about all this.

The players are the problem on 19:30 - Apr 15 with 4056 viewsDarran

The players are the problem on 19:28 - Apr 15 by haremscarem

Laudrup an ego? No way! He was probably too relaxed, but that is just his personality. I am convinced he and his staff was good, when it comes to tactic and training, but I also think they were not good at handling player problems like this. Anyway the players really should be more professionel about all this.

Well yeah you would you're Danish.

The players are the problem on 19:31 - Apr 15 with 4054 viewsC_jack

Sack everyone, level the stadium and start again mun.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The players are the problem on 19:35 - Apr 15 with 4029 viewsharemscarem

The players are the problem on 19:30 - Apr 15 by Darran

Well yeah you would you're Danish.

Maybe that is right, but I just can't see the ego. I have read a lot of interviews from Brøndby players who had him as a coach, when he was in charge there. They were succesfull under him, and the players praise his coaching style. I have always thought Michael was a calm person, but not an ego. Anyway I can see why that could be a problem, when players can't get along. Anyway I just think it is weird to call him an ego. Then You have to explain why...
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 19:35]

The players are the problem on 19:37 - Apr 15 with 4019 viewsDarran

The players are the problem on 19:35 - Apr 15 by haremscarem

Maybe that is right, but I just can't see the ego. I have read a lot of interviews from Brøndby players who had him as a coach, when he was in charge there. They were succesfull under him, and the players praise his coaching style. I have always thought Michael was a calm person, but not an ego. Anyway I can see why that could be a problem, when players can't get along. Anyway I just think it is weird to call him an ego. Then You have to explain why...
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 19:35]

How many times have you seen a sacked manager giving a press conference two weeks after being sacked?

The players are the problem on 19:41 - Apr 15 with 4005 viewsharemscarem

I have never seen that before, so that is a little odd. I think he did that because he was really dissapointed about being sacked, because he wanted to stay. I also think he did that to defend himself from all the accusions regarding him being a manager who makes troubles everwhere he goes. He wanted to explain himself. I believe him. I guess You don't, but no one of us knows how it really was...

The players are the problem on 20:41 - Apr 15 with 3919 viewsskippyjack

Causing chaos in training with one another.. quiet as mouse's on the pitch and letting the opposition and ref get away with murder.. is this a professional outfit?.. if true.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The players are the problem on 20:47 - Apr 15 with 3898 viewswaynekerr55

The players are the problem on 19:28 - Apr 15 by haremscarem

Chelsea (a & h) in the COC semi's proved that when he's arsed he can get a team well drilled. The single best tactical performance I can remember from 15 minutes to the end.

Oscar Garcia however shouldn't be allowed anywhere near an amateur team with his "Moyesian" approach to conditioning.

The whole nonsense with his agent is my 2nd biggest gripe. "Nothing to do with me guv, it's between Huw and him"... well, umm, Michael - I'm not sure that you can say that. Bayram IS A PAID EMPLOYEE OF...YOU. An agent does not do anything unless instructed by his/her client...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The players are the problem on 20:50 - Apr 15 with 3886 viewsperchrockjack

I was once obsessed with jacket but dr w sorted me out and I'm a new man.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The players are the problem on 21:23 - Apr 15 with 3815 viewsWarwickHunt

The players are the problem on 19:37 - Apr 15 by Darran

How many times have you seen a sacked manager giving a press conference two weeks after being sacked?

How many times have you seen a manager sacked by email two hours after he was told to in person carry on and shook hands on it?

I'm guessing the two are not unrelated. Call it a hunch...
The players are the problem on 21:25 - Apr 15 with 3804 viewsDarran

The players are the problem on 21:23 - Apr 15 by WarwickHunt

How many times have you seen a manager sacked by email two hours after he was told to in person carry on and shook hands on it?

I'm guessing the two are not unrelated. Call it a hunch...

It could have been worse he could have been sacked by text like Ince.

The players are the problem on 22:23 - Apr 15 with 3708 viewsItchySphincter

He got sacked cos he was a bit of a cock.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The players are the problem on 00:23 - Apr 16 with 3597 viewsScoobyWho

What we really need is a group of players over 45 ( a bit of maturity ) with the requisite skills of a 20 yr old who have the sense to see something for what it is, the ability to be mature about kicking a bag of wind about ( and I don't mean JJS doing Canias ) and the intelligence to understand 25 k a week ain't a bad deal when your virtually unemployable doing anything else .

Just an idea.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The players are the problem on 01:04 - Apr 16 with 3571 viewsLiberty

The players are the problem on 00:23 - Apr 16 by ScoobyWho

What we really need is a group of players over 45 ( a bit of maturity ) with the requisite skills of a 20 yr old who have the sense to see something for what it is, the ability to be mature about kicking a bag of wind about ( and I don't mean JJS doing Canias ) and the intelligence to understand 25 k a week ain't a bad deal when your virtually unemployable doing anything else .

Just an idea.

What ? Players over 45 ?

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

The players are the problem on 01:24 - Apr 16 with 3565 viewsSpratty

The players are the problem on 13:55 - Apr 15 by JackFish

Spratty, you're getting dangerously close to building a statue of Laudrup and sacrificing your firstborn to him.

Monk was certainly not alone in his criticism of Sousa, it wasn't only him who organised training sessions for squad members who thought they weren't fit enough. And they certainly weren't, as anyone who remembers us fading badly at the end of games against Bristol City and Cardiff, amongst others, to cost us playoff place would agree.

Just because a manager has previously been successful doesn't mean he's always right or that his methods are foolproof. Laudrup has fallen out with the board at every single club he's managed at, so we're hardly alone in that. It may be true that Monk and Williams were the ones instrumental in getting rid of him, however as club captain and captain on the pitch, don't you think it's part of their responsibility to speak up if they don't think what the manager is doing is right?

I also highly doubt it was some kind of elaborate coup to install Monk as king manager with Ash as his faithful sidekick, far more likely that they spoke up because of what the board have said - a general decline in standards that's seen us slip slowly down the table.

FWIW - I tend to agree that Monk is probably not the man for the job full time, so I'm not speaking as a Monk for manager poster-boy. Results have been pretty much the same since he took over and although I would say that the effort and performances have generally been a bit better, I think we do need better for next season.

Results have actually been worse and on like for like matches with last year significantly worse in relation to PL points lost.

Would you not expect them to be significantly better with a fully fit team and 50% less fixture density now out of Europa and FA Cup?
The players are the problem on 01:37 - Apr 16 with 3555 viewsScoobyWho

The players are the problem on 01:04 - Apr 16 by Liberty

What ? Players over 45 ?

Its sort of called irony.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The players are the problem on 02:15 - Apr 16 with 3534 viewsLiberty

The players are the problem on 01:37 - Apr 16 by ScoobyWho

Its sort of called irony.

Its sort of called, you have been drinking too much.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024