Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Station 09:31 - May 2 with 9928 views1jack

Is it now time for the club to seriously look at putting a small railway station near the ground. Several times since we've been at the liberty I have walked from high street and got bloody soaked. I would use this for every game and obviously there are others that would, the infrastructure is there and I believe it would cost around £1 million. Anyone else think this should happen?
Station on 09:35 - May 2 with 6081 viewsgosfordjack

build a monorail along side road out through the Hafod, why not ask the Welsh Assembly to fund it.
Station on 09:36 - May 2 with 6081 viewsDevz00

Landore has a station that could be re-opened.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Old-station-aid-links/story-20525973-det

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Station on 09:37 - May 2 with 6072 viewsPrivate_Partz

Looking from the Station pub it would seem the old Landore stop is still in tact. The underpasses to the platforms are still there and have merely been bricked up. I am sure it would not be a massively expensive project to reopen it. Excellent for policing the away fans into the ground as well.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 9:38]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Station on 09:40 - May 2 with 6047 views1jack

Station on 09:35 - May 2 by gosfordjack

build a monorail along side road out through the Hafod, why not ask the Welsh Assembly to fund it.

That's a great idea.
Station on 09:43 - May 2 with 6037 viewsTheArtChappy

Didn't they look into this when we first moved to the liberty? And was told we couldn't.

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

Station on 09:46 - May 2 with 6021 viewsPegojack

Since the transport situation is under the spotlight at the moment as the major stumbling block to planning permission for stadium expansion, I can't think of a better time for this project to be resurrected. Build it and they will come....
Station on 09:48 - May 2 with 6012 viewsPrivate_Partz

This has been proposed. A monorail could follow the line of the Tawe and link in with Mumbles and the Clyne valley defunct stations. This would massively improve the City's transport infrastructure and reopen the oldest passenger railway in the world.
Pie in the sky I am sure. Particularly when we bring WA funding into the argument. They are too busy trying to rack up 4 billion to replace Scumdiff's infrastructure which is already more than sufficient for them.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 9:49]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Station on 10:19 - May 2 with 5912 views1983

For what its worth with my 20 odd years railway experience it wont happen.
Opening up a station is not as easy as that and it would cost hell of a lot more than £1million pound, as with everything else on the railway what you think it may cost is now where near how much it does actually cost and they would never make that money back with a piddley little station being used by Mrs Jones from Landore and Swansea fans once a fortnight paying £5 return to Swansea

Railway privatisation is a mine field don't listen to any politican it is a complete and utter mess it is shit in shiny paper believe me
Who will pay for it? Network Rail, Arriva trains,Council,Welsh Assembly,SCFC? nobody would want to chuck money away on it.
They would have to re signal that whole area, relay lines,re time trains, introduce new time tables high street station would become a bottle neck...etc and even if they did decide today to do it you would not see anything happen for years as our railway infrastructure is a complete mess as there are places crying out for work to be carried out, because of governments in the passed treated British Rail as a cash cow and never reinvested back into it....that's why they sold it all off because the whole industry was rotten and a croc of sh1t...you're inflated train tickets are now paying for things that should have happened about 30 years ago...and fat cat bonuses!!

Login to get fewer ads

Station on 10:24 - May 2 with 5894 viewsJackoBoostardo

Station on 10:19 - May 2 by 1983

Opening up a station is not as easy as that and it would cost hell of a lot more than £1million pound, as with everything else on the railway what you think it may cost is now where near how much it does actually cost and they would never make that money back with a piddley little station being used by Mrs Jones from Landore and Swansea fans once a fortnight paying £5 return to Swansea

Railway privatisation is a mine field don't listen to any politican it is a complete and utter mess it is shit in shiny paper believe me
Who will pay for it? Network Rail, Arriva trains,Council,Welsh Assembly,SCFC? nobody would want to chuck money away on it.
They would have to re signal that whole area, relay lines,re time trains, introduce new time tables high street station would become a bottle neck...etc and even if they did decide today to do it you would not see anything happen for years as our railway infrastructure is a complete mess as there are places crying out for work to be carried out, because of governments in the passed treated British Rail as a cash cow and never reinvested back into it....that's why they sold it all off because the whole industry was rotten and a croc of sh1t...you're inflated train tickets are now paying for things that should have happened about 30 years ago...and fat cat bonuses!!

Excuse my ignorance here - but isn't it an active line already and therefore wouldn't need to be resignalled and relaid?

I'm not a rail user myself and haven't been to that station since I was a kid - but there are passenger trains seen using the line.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Station on 10:27 - May 2 with 5889 viewstomdickharry

Station on 10:19 - May 2 by 1983

Thank goodness at last someone has come up with sound reasons why the Landore station will not be reopened,the possibility has been labored in the hundreds of posts on Stadium expansion so lets hope that the facts now before us park this subject in the sidings once and for all. It will not happen.
Station on 10:29 - May 2 with 5884 views1983

Station on 09:48 - May 2 by Private_Partz

This has been proposed. A monorail could follow the line of the Tawe and link in with Mumbles and the Clyne valley defunct stations. This would massively improve the City's transport infrastructure and reopen the oldest passenger railway in the world.
Pie in the sky I am sure. Particularly when we bring WA funding into the argument. They are too busy trying to rack up 4 billion to replace Scumdiff's infrastructure which is already more than sufficient for them.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 9:49]

They have looked into reopening some kind of line to Mumbles a few times and they keep coming up with the same thing....it would cost Zillions and more Zillions

Because of this clown we now have clogged up roads and crap train services

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Beeching,_Baron_Beeching

Station on 10:36 - May 2 with 5859 viewsDyfnant

Your not allowed to talk about this, Tomdickharry will have a stroke.
No way is it that difficult to build a stop coming from the West at Landore, passengers coming out where the train maintenance yard currently is. What we need to know is which elected official to start nagging to get it sorted

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Station on 10:37 - May 2 with 5854 viewsC_jack

Buy an umbrella mun

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Station on 10:39 - May 2 with 5846 views1983

Station on 10:24 - May 2 by JackoBoostardo

Excuse my ignorance here - but isn't it an active line already and therefore wouldn't need to be resignalled and relaid?

I'm not a rail user myself and haven't been to that station since I was a kid - but there are passenger trains seen using the line.

I will excuse you're ignorance I'm not the world most cleverest person either but believe me the railway does not work like that!

Trains cant just pull up when they want like dropping your missus off in to Tesco's
Here a whole new signalling procedure has to be introduced that starts miles back especially as there are loads of sidings and different lines in that area
New track would have to be put down or upgraded for points, crossovers....etc

That's just the start and has I said it would cost hell of a lot more than you think mun

Station on 10:39 - May 2 with 5845 viewsDyfnant

Station on 10:27 - May 2 by tomdickharry

Thank goodness at last someone has come up with sound reasons why the Landore station will not be reopened,the possibility has been labored in the hundreds of posts on Stadium expansion so lets hope that the facts now before us park this subject in the sidings once and for all. It will not happen.

So you've been tediously harping on about it'll never happen,without knowing any good reasons why all this time

Station on 10:44 - May 2 with 5823 viewslatchford

Whoever is responsible for the city`s transport policy should be immediately sacked.
The road system in place around sainsburys is an absolute joke. They spent an untold amount and it just doesn`t work. Leaving SA1 theres not even a traffic light. It`s one big free for all and how more accidents don`t occur amazes me.
As for that boulevard idea, what is all that about? It`s cost millions and has caused major disruption for about a year. The benefit? Wider pavements. What benefit exactly does that bring?

A mono rail system would cut congestion no end but i can never see the council being forward thinking enough for something like that
Station on 10:56 - May 2 with 5783 viewsMolliemick

Station on 10:39 - May 2 by 1983

I will excuse you're ignorance I'm not the world most cleverest person either but believe me the railway does not work like that!

Trains cant just pull up when they want like dropping your missus off in to Tesco's
Here a whole new signalling procedure has to be introduced that starts miles back especially as there are loads of sidings and different lines in that area
New track would have to be put down or upgraded for points, crossovers....etc

That's just the start and has I said it would cost hell of a lot more than you think mun

The idea is a good one but with the facts you have presented you have shown your acceptance of the status quo. WAG wastes huge amounts of money but spends little in West Wales. As a local 'expert', please try to give us some positive information not simply dismiss the whole project out of hand. Thanks
Station on 10:57 - May 2 with 5778 viewstomdickharry

Station on 10:39 - May 2 by Dyfnant

So you've been tediously harping on about it'll never happen,without knowing any good reasons why all this time

No, as I am not a railway person,but it just takes a modicum of common sense related to cost to realise that it just will not happen.Just look at one simple reason in the 1983 post, time table, trains just don't stop and start again without a prescribed time which has to be programmed into a complex system and also published,this has to happen in the time table of all trains that come and go from Swansea,therefore,as an example the Paddington to Swansea time table has to be amended accordingly,just tell me who is going to foot the bill for that one,no,I'll tell you Swansea City,an intangible cost that will never ever be taken on by our club.
Station on 11:05 - May 2 with 5750 viewsDyfnant

Going on about an unrealistic monorail only dilutes arguments for something that can actually be done.

Station on 11:09 - May 2 with 5735 viewsDyfnant

Station on 10:57 - May 2 by tomdickharry

No, as I am not a railway person,but it just takes a modicum of common sense related to cost to realise that it just will not happen.Just look at one simple reason in the 1983 post, time table, trains just don't stop and start again without a prescribed time which has to be programmed into a complex system and also published,this has to happen in the time table of all trains that come and go from Swansea,therefore,as an example the Paddington to Swansea time table has to be amended accordingly,just tell me who is going to foot the bill for that one,no,I'll tell you Swansea City,an intangible cost that will never ever be taken on by our club.

I'm in no way suggesting the club should take on any of these costs. It's a public service that should be funded accordingly, likely to be large grants available anyway. Needs serious looking into instead of the occasional bumping of gums by councillors

Station on 11:10 - May 2 with 5729 viewsJackTheLad

Station on 10:57 - May 2 by tomdickharry

On a scale of 1-10, how stupid a suggestion is this?

Get loads of these running on the river tawe

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Station on 11:11 - May 2 with 5719 viewslatchford

Station on 11:10 - May 2 by JackTheLad

What, with a snowman and reindeer on the front?
Station on 11:15 - May 2 with 5692 viewsDyfnant

Station on 11:10 - May 2 by JackTheLad

Would it fit down Clyne river

Station on 11:16 - May 2 with 5685 views1983

Station on 10:56 - May 2 by Molliemick

The idea is a good one but with the facts you have presented you have shown your acceptance of the status quo. WAG wastes huge amounts of money but spends little in West Wales. As a local 'expert', please try to give us some positive information not simply dismiss the whole project out of hand. Thanks

I'm just a railway worker with knowledge of the railway.

At the end of the day it all comes down to pounds, shillings and pence and in the big grand scheme of things our glorious leaders will spend it on 101 other things before a railway station that gets used once every fortnight.

Station on 11:18 - May 2 with 5672 viewsJackTheLad

Station on 11:11 - May 2 by latchford

What, with a snowman and reindeer on the front?

Nah, get rid. Make use of the free space init, cram people on the roof and whatnot whilst we are at it

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024