Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Need any more be said? 16:41 - May 6 with 5054 viewsNOTRAC

Thirteen league games.
Won 3. Drew3. Lost7
Sack.
Thirteen league games
Won4.drew3 Lost 6
Half a million bonus.
Two year contract.
The first is Laudrups previous results before he got the sacked.
The latter is Gary Monk's results since he got the job.
Need any more be said.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Need any more be said? on 16:44 - May 6 with 3420 viewsRogueTrooper

Have the quality of opposition and performances been taken into account?

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Need any more be said? on 16:45 - May 6 with 3391 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

NOTRAC, you're forgetting that we had a 'couple of decent performances so Garry is worth a punt'.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Need any more be said? on 16:48 - May 6 with 3392 viewshobo

Need any more be said? on 16:44 - May 6 by RogueTrooper

Have the quality of opposition and performances been taken into account?

ML had to contend with tougher fixtures, plus a huge injury list
Need any more be said? on 16:48 - May 6 with 3389 viewsNOTRAC

Oh I forgot to add thatI in that Laudrup period we did beatMan Utd Away in the F A Cup, but that doesn't count as they were playing bad at that time.

Need any more be said? on 16:52 - May 6 with 3359 viewsmacthejack

Laudrup wasn't just sacked for on pitch performances/results you do realise that don't you?
Need any more be said? on 16:54 - May 6 with 3331 viewsNOTRAC

And Gary Monk didn''t get the job because of his superb discipline on the training ground either!

Need any more be said? on 17:01 - May 6 with 3285 viewsOldjack

Need any more be said? on 16:45 - May 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

NOTRAC, you're forgetting that we had a 'couple of decent performances so Garry is worth a punt'.

wrong way round you dopey sod we've had a couple of bad performances and those were only half games so he's well worth a punt

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Need any more be said? on 17:01 - May 6 with 3285 viewsRogueTrooper

I think the performances were lacklustre, with the exception of the Valencia win and knocking Man U out of the cup, it did appear that ML had basically put his feet up after the cup win and was waiting for a nice offer to come along, I may be getting the totally wrong impression, but if you take the two derby games as a barometer, there was a marked improvement. The Agent shenannigans pre season were'nt the ideal start to a season either.
At the end of the day, we stayed up, had a respectable first run in the Europa League and have a manager who has the clubs interests as a priority.

ML was fantastic for us last year and I wish he had continued that after the cup win, but he didn't, I don't know why, but there was definitely a downward trend, and if the board hadn't intervened, we may be in the same boat as Cardiff right now. But we are where we are and should let GM crack on, if, next season it's not working out, I'll be the first to say that he blew his chance and get someone else in.

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Login to get fewer ads

Need any more be said? on 17:06 - May 6 with 3261 viewsNOTRAC

Youv'e missed my point.If one is deserving of the sack, which will probably cost us many millions of pounds in compensation,how can the other be worthy of a two year contract.I'm sorry but it just doesn't make sense.

Need any more be said? on 17:08 - May 6 with 3246 viewsymaohyd

Need any more be said? on 16:48 - May 6 by NOTRAC

Oh I forgot to add thatI in that Laudrup period we did beatMan Utd Away in the F A Cup, but that doesn't count as they were playing bad at that time.

You have your opinion which you have voiced with some good posts. It's a done deal so now is the time to look forward. If it goes tits up then come along during the early part of next season and bump your posts and claim your 'winnings'.

As for the here and now you're boring the crap out of me. Lets move on, until the afore mentioned moment. If Monks does do well, I hope you'll show some dignity and admit you were wrong.

You seem too much of a pric* to do that though!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Need any more be said? on 17:14 - May 6 with 3189 viewsRogueTrooper

Need any more be said? on 17:06 - May 6 by NOTRAC

Youv'e missed my point.If one is deserving of the sack, which will probably cost us many millions of pounds in compensation,how can the other be worthy of a two year contract.I'm sorry but it just doesn't make sense.

It makes sense if you've watched the games and see the improvement in the teams performance from around the November, December and January period. Bony, Shelvey, Pablo have all undeniably improved under Monk, and we've hammered Cardiff, Norwich and Villa, did very well after a man down against Chelsea after a bit of Chico madness, and the first leg against Napoli was sublime bar the ball crossing the line.

Need any more be said? on 17:19 - May 6 with 3143 viewsmonmouth

Yes it does. Laudrup was not sacked for short term results. How many frigging times. Do you really think our tight board would cough up unless they thought it was an extreme emergency and do you think they'd appoint Monk if they thought he was the wrong man, whatever plebs like us might think.

Jeez Louise, give it a rest mun. The continuing prem golden goose is what matters (and not just this season). The board thought Laudrup was killing it, and think Monk can nurture it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Need any more be said? on 17:28 - May 6 with 3088 viewsicecoldjack

Need any more be said? on 17:19 - May 6 by monmouth

Yes it does. Laudrup was not sacked for short term results. How many frigging times. Do you really think our tight board would cough up unless they thought it was an extreme emergency and do you think they'd appoint Monk if they thought he was the wrong man, whatever plebs like us might think.

Jeez Louise, give it a rest mun. The continuing prem golden goose is what matters (and not just this season). The board thought Laudrup was killing it, and think Monk can nurture it.

What was he sacked for then ?

As a club "run by the fans for the fans" information is in short supply .

2 unprecidented things for me, the club sacking Laudrup with a £5m compo claim to fight over and Laudrup wanting a press conference to put his point of view over, when doing press is normally like cryptonite to Superman for him .

A very messy situation
Need any more be said? on 17:39 - May 6 with 3026 viewsCatullus

This endless sniping at Monk is boring and totally pointless.

Besides anything else, it is the quality of our performances that is the difference under Monk.
When GM took over he had to lift a totally disheartened team off their knees. He managed that and got much improved performances with just a few ropey displays.

In any event, he is the boss now so try backing him until a point in the future when he doesn't deserve it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Need any more be said? on 17:41 - May 6 with 3014 viewsDarran

Need any more be said? on 17:39 - May 6 by Catullus

Besides anything else, it is the quality of our performances that is the difference under Monk.
When GM took over he had to lift a totally disheartened team off their knees. He managed that and got much improved performances with just a few ropey displays.

In any event, he is the boss now so try backing him until a point in the future when he doesn't deserve it.

Spot on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Need any more be said? on 17:42 - May 6 with 3002 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

"In any event, he is the boss now so try backing him until a point in the future when he doesn't deserve it."

At what point would that be? What run of form constitutes a point when he doesn't deserve it?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Need any more be said? on 18:27 - May 6 with 2861 viewsNeath_Jack

Jesus wept, give over, he's going to be our manager whether you or the other numpties like it or not. It's people like you and that other div in this thread that would be gloating to f*ck and back should things go tits up for us. ECB was spot on, there are fans amongst us who are secretly willing things to go wrong just so you can say i told you so.

You're not some sort of visionary, Monk is a gamble, my 4 year old nephew knows this, but guess what, no matter how many sh1t threads like this is created, he is here.

Garry Monks Black & White Army.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Need any more be said? on 18:28 - May 6 with 2853 viewsDarran

Need any more be said? on 18:27 - May 6 by Neath_Jack

Jesus wept, give over, he's going to be our manager whether you or the other numpties like it or not. It's people like you and that other div in this thread that would be gloating to f*ck and back should things go tits up for us. ECB was spot on, there are fans amongst us who are secretly willing things to go wrong just so you can say i told you so.

You're not some sort of visionary, Monk is a gamble, my 4 year old nephew knows this, but guess what, no matter how many sh1t threads like this is created, he is here.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Need any more be said? on 18:36 - May 6 with 2813 viewspencoedjack

After the results pointed out by the OP how much longer does he deserve ?

If we start next season crap how many games would you give him out of interest ?
Need any more be said? on 18:37 - May 6 with 2809 viewsJethroJack

Need any more be said? on 17:42 - May 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"In any event, he is the boss now so try backing him until a point in the future when he doesn't deserve it."

At what point would that be? What run of form constitutes a point when he doesn't deserve it?

Let's not forget...you've be exposed....your opinion doesn't count anymore (not that it ever did of course).
Need any more be said? on 18:37 - May 6 with 2809 viewsCooperman

The OP is another one dimensional view of things. Single stats like this are meaningless (here we go again).

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Need any more be said? on 18:41 - May 6 with 2785 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Need any more be said? on 18:28 - May 6 by Darran

Garry Monk's black and white army. Actually.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Need any more be said? on 19:01 - May 6 with 2719 viewsItchySphincter

Need any more be said? on 18:41 - May 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Garry Monk's black and white army. Actually.

Garry Monk's Black and White Army!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Need any more be said? on 19:18 - May 6 with 2629 viewstomdickharry

As I see it you are just trying to be wise before the event rather than after it,nothing wrong with that.
Need any more be said? on 19:26 - May 6 with 2581 viewsCatullus

Need any more be said? on 17:42 - May 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I would expect he'll be under continuous assessments.
The time to sack him will be as obvious as it was for Laudrup.
So no fixed time frame, that wouldn't be fair.

Garry Monk's black and white army.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024