Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? 11:50 - May 13 with 12659 viewstomdickharry

Minister Edwina Hart has announced a £1.5M grant to Swansea City Council in respect of the Morfa Distributor Road (Hafod By Pass) could this be the key to the way forward with the proposed Stadium Expansion which as we all should know from recent Trust minutes is some way away yet.
Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 12:50 - May 13 with 5900 viewsjackharris

Definitely will help towards the plan. Should have been done years ago along with the underpass at the Ynysforgan roundabout and the dualling of the road up to Clydach!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 13:08 - May 13 with 5817 viewsjackharris

http://wam.swansea.gov.uk/WAM/doc/Current%20Document-101615.pdf?extension=.pdf&i

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 13:13 - May 13 with 5778 viewsJackhero

£1.5m? For that length of road it will barely pay for the road markings!

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 13:50 - May 13 with 5622 viewsjaf69

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 13:13 - May 13 by Jackhero

£1.5m? For that length of road it will barely pay for the road markings!

lol very true!

its only taken 30yrs to finally get his going
Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 14:20 - May 13 with 5508 viewsexiledinenglandjack

The Welsh government won't be investing in the Swansea area in large quantities as it isn't a priority for them. The main issue they are facing is the new part of the M4 through Newport which is going to cost in the figure of hundreds of millions.
Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 14:25 - May 13 with 5479 viewsacejack3065

They want a new chunk of motorway up in Newport and they will get it before we get our couple of miles of road.

If they ever had to drive through the Hafod they would understand the pain and suffering...
Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 15:02 - May 13 with 5384 viewsymaohyd

I know it's old news and clichéd, but Cardiff really do get everything.

I have to say that I think Cardiff has developed into a superb city. It beggars belief that you compare the two cities and in recent years the two football teams and it's incredible odd how the opposite has occurred in equal measure. Swansea a city (centre) that to be honest is a shit hole and Cardiff City FC, possibly the biggest laughing stock not just in British club football but Europe and lets go for the whole world.

Whether they like it or not in the WAG but Swansea is Wales' second city and they should hang their heads in shame how they have allowed what has happened. Local councillors also have a hell of a lot to answer for but on the whole the investment in Cardiff has been to the detriment to the rest of Wales.

Swansea is crying out for investment, that grant of £1.5 mill is an absolute insult. Edwina Hart is an awful politician, truly awful. I have met her on a number of occasions and she is so lacking in ability (IMO)

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 15:33 - May 13 with 5294 viewsDyfnant

The only people that'll really benefit are the residents of Hafod, better if it went towards Landore*
*no need to comment TDH
[Post edited 13 May 2014 15:33]

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 15:46 - May 13 with 5233 viewsymaohyd

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 15:02 - May 13 by ymaohyd

I have to say that I think Cardiff has developed into a superb city. It beggars belief that you compare the two cities and in recent years the two football teams and it's incredible odd how the opposite has occurred in equal measure. Swansea a city (centre) that to be honest is a shit hole and Cardiff City FC, possibly the biggest laughing stock not just in British club football but Europe and lets go for the whole world.

Whether they like it or not in the WAG but Swansea is Wales' second city and they should hang their heads in shame how they have allowed what has happened. Local councillors also have a hell of a lot to answer for but on the whole the investment in Cardiff has been to the detriment to the rest of Wales.

Swansea is crying out for investment, that grant of £1.5 mill is an absolute insult. Edwina Hart is an awful politician, truly awful. I have met her on a number of occasions and she is so lacking in ability (IMO)

To highlight my own post!

To highlight this issue even more, the Wales Millennium Centre is an absolutely fantastic facility. I have been there several times and it is something that Cardiff and Wales as a whole can be very proud.

BUT, the WAG provided funding to the tune of £37 million to part fun it's build and between 2004 and 2008 to help prop it up provided £1.2 mill per annum.

When you consider how much the assembly building cost and the knock on effect of having these two structures alone, has gained Cardiff £100's of millions. The housing market, up market shopping centres to support the influx of a growing wealthy populace, hotel upon hotel to cater for the demand for all of the above and of course the rugby.

Meanwhile in ugly lovely old Swansea, charity shops fill city centre premises to stop them being empty, but hang on we've got 6 bendy buses and an enlarged pavement and of course we've got a pool (which Cardiff were pisse* off we got).

It makes me fuc*ing cry honestly!

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 16:22 - May 13 with 5126 viewsTokijo

Thought the bendy buses are not used anymore in Swansea due to safety issues?
Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 16:57 - May 13 with 5022 viewsEdmundo

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 14:25 - May 13 by acejack3065

They want a new chunk of motorway up in Newport and they will get it before we get our couple of miles of road.

If they ever had to drive through the Hafod they would understand the pain and suffering...

Don't think they're going to get the M4 diversion around Newport, cost close to 1 billion!

Maybe a watered down scheme involving upgrades to existing roads to cope better, or add an extra bore or two to tunnels, which could also cost near 500million

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 17:02 - May 13 with 5007 viewsEdmundo

Leeds ditched the bendy busses I believe, due to safety issues, several nasty shunts.

Think London may have withdrawn similar sorts of busses as well due to the same H & S issues.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 17:09 - May 13 with 4980 viewsSTEVE1

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 16:57 - May 13 by Edmundo

Don't think they're going to get the M4 diversion around Newport, cost close to 1 billion!

Maybe a watered down scheme involving upgrades to existing roads to cope better, or add an extra bore or two to tunnels, which could also cost near 500million

I think it is being paid for by Government the proper one in London it will be a toll, it should not have any affect on our road.
Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 17:16 - May 13 with 4951 viewsNOTRAC

I'm all for Wales having independence from Cardiff!

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 17:39 - May 13 with 4896 viewsjohnlangy

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 14:20 - May 13 by exiledinenglandjack

The Welsh government won't be investing in the Swansea area in large quantities as it isn't a priority for them. The main issue they are facing is the new part of the M4 through Newport which is going to cost in the figure of hundreds of millions.

£1 billion actually. No wonder they can only afford £1.5 m for us.
Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 17:42 - May 13 with 4885 viewsDewi1jack

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 17:16 - May 13 by NOTRAC

I'm all for Wales having independence from Cardiff!

Can we get devolution from the WAG and Cardiff?
If we push for independence can we get grants from the EU?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 18:06 - May 13 with 4803 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 17:42 - May 13 by Dewi1jack

Can we get devolution from the WAG and Cardiff?
If we push for independence can we get grants from the EU?

The city state of Swansea take a bow!!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 18:11 - May 13 with 4769 viewsymaohyd

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 18:06 - May 13 by Brynmill_Jack

The city state of Swansea take a bow!!!

Darren as 'Supreme leader'.?

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 18:17 - May 13 with 4747 viewsBanosswan

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 18:11 - May 13 by ymaohyd

Darren as 'Supreme leader'.?

Darran President with Phil as Grand Ayatollah Sumbler.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 18:20 - May 13 with 4738 viewsjohnlangy

Just started a non-football thread on this in case anyone's interested.
Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 21:07 - May 13 with 4472 viewscurleigh

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 15:02 - May 13 by ymaohyd

Absolutely spot on their city is 3 times the size of ours, you could fit our whole town center into the st Davids shopping centre you can see where the investment has gone, our assembly don't give a shit about anything west of scumdiff.
[Post edited 13 May 2014 21:09]
Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 21:17 - May 13 with 4421 viewscurleigh

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 15:46 - May 13 by ymaohyd

To highlight this issue even more, the Wales Millennium Centre is an absolutely fantastic facility. I have been there several times and it is something that Cardiff and Wales as a whole can be very proud.

BUT, the WAG provided funding to the tune of £37 million to part fun it's build and between 2004 and 2008 to help prop it up provided £1.2 mill per annum.

When you consider how much the assembly building cost and the knock on effect of having these two structures alone, has gained Cardiff £100's of millions. The housing market, up market shopping centres to support the influx of a growing wealthy populace, hotel upon hotel to cater for the demand for all of the above and of course the rugby.

Meanwhile in ugly lovely old Swansea, charity shops fill city centre premises to stop them being empty, but hang on we've got 6 bendy buses and an enlarged pavement and of course we've got a pool (which Cardiff were pisse* off we got).

We have also got the shortest stretch of road in Wales, sorry Britain with the most traffic lights, (the kingsway) our second busiest road.WHAT A GREAT COUNCIL WE HAVE.
Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 21:17 - May 13 with 4415 viewsCatullus

And to be fair, I know people from Cardiff who are embarrassed by this. My own wife, though being from Cardiff, says she'd rather live in Swansea!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 21:32 - May 13 with 4365 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 21:17 - May 13 by Catullus

And to be fair, I know people from Cardiff who are embarrassed by this. My own wife, though being from Cardiff, says she'd rather live in Swansea!

It's typical of the "little country" mindset to try and turn Cardiff into Paris or Berlin when it's not even the capital of an independent state!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 21:55 - May 13 with 4316 viewsNewhousemustscore

Morfa Distributor Road - Stadium Expansion? on 15:46 - May 13 by ymaohyd

Spot on...Ever thought of running as a councillor. I'd vote for you. You've got me right fired up now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024