Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... 17:56 - May 19 with 4052 viewsswanny

....I know, it's a bit girlie, but I've just discovered this and it is FAB

http://www.thekitchn.com/one-pot-recipe-braised-chicken-150757

I thickened it before serving and added yoghurt and mayonaise to the pesto and it was even better the next day.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 20:20 - May 19 with 4000 viewsCountyJim

Love my slow cooker and only 12 quid from asda fantastic it is

But not very adventurous with mine casseroles and currys for me up to know
We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 20:40 - May 19 with 3970 viewsNogginthenog

I have a slow cooker too, the wife.
We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 20:52 - May 19 with 3953 viewsjack_lord

We have been getting chicken thighs from Aldi and adding spanish sauce or a curry and they have been coming out absolutely gorgeous. Even nice the next day.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 22:09 - May 19 with 3906 viewsNogginthenog

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 20:52 - May 19 by jack_lord

We have been getting chicken thighs from Aldi and adding spanish sauce or a curry and they have been coming out absolutely gorgeous. Even nice the next day.

I cant imagine how cheap they would be, do you get a refund at the til?
We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 23:01 - May 19 with 3880 viewsNeathJack

Is it cheating if you use a packet?

I had this today slow cooked with 6 boneless chicken thighs for 8 hours.

http://www.schwartz.co.uk/recipes/chicken/chicken-provencal.aspx

Bloody lovely it was too
We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 09:46 - May 20 with 3813 viewsswanny

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 23:01 - May 19 by NeathJack

Is it cheating if you use a packet?

I had this today slow cooked with 6 boneless chicken thighs for 8 hours.

http://www.schwartz.co.uk/recipes/chicken/chicken-provencal.aspx

Bloody lovely it was too

that looks good - the beauty of a slow cooker is that there is no thing as cheating - anything goes.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 16:26 - May 20 with 3788 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

I'm intrigued by this

I've never used a slow cooker in my life - everything goes in the pan or on the grill which usually takes up a lot of the little free time I have after work with preparation etc

Just to be clear:
For example - can I just chuck some cut up chicken and a pot of Uncle Bens and leave it for the day when I go to work on low, get home - chuck some rice on and its done?

And if I do this and make extra it would still be good to go the following day for leftovers for work?

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 18:13 - May 20 with 3759 viewspansypants

I remember a mate always buying Colman packet powder sauces and frozen sausages for his slow cooker and fair play the smells were amazing.

Question do you have to thaw out the sausages or can you "bung"them in?

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Login to get fewer ads

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 18:14 - May 20 with 3758 viewsJackfath

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 18:13 - May 20 by pansypants

I remember a mate always buying Colman packet powder sauces and frozen sausages for his slow cooker and fair play the smells were amazing.

Question do you have to thaw out the sausages or can you "bung"them in?

Bung them in. They'll cook although may be a little on the pale side.

I love a good sausage.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 18:16 - May 20 with 3753 viewspansypants

Who doesn't love a good sausage?!

Yes, I'll bung my sausage in sauce and all

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 18:20 - May 20 with 3751 viewsCountyJim

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 18:14 - May 20 by Jackfath

I love a good sausage.

I wouldn't put frozen meat in and I always brown the sausage first
We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 18:21 - May 20 with 3749 viewsJackfath

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 18:20 - May 20 by CountyJim

I wouldn't put frozen meat in and I always brown the sausage first

I too like to brown my sausage occasionally.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 19:03 - May 20 with 3726 viewsCountyJim

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 18:21 - May 20 by Jackfath

I too like to brown my sausage occasionally.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Matron
We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 19:55 - May 20 with 3713 viewsGrandPrix

Lightly fry mince in the morning , chuck it in the slow cooker with sacla ingredients plus mushrooms, onions and olives....come home from work and have best bolognase sauce ever

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 21:41 - May 20 with 3687 viewsswanny

I wouldn't ever put frozen meat in, although I suspect my children might...and they're still alive. Tomorrow I will be doing liver and onions in the slo cooker....fry the onions, whack em in the slo cooker, add the liver, pour on boiling water with a stock cube (about 1/2 a pint) and a shake of L &P put the lid on and relax. After about 6 hours on low, shake up some plain flour and water in a jam jar, and stir it in to thicken (add gravy browning). Serve with mash and garlic spinach.

Mmmmmm

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 21:45 - May 20 with 3681 viewsLord_Bony

Me fave Lancashire Hotpot..straight from t' cooker like..

Bloody marvelous lass is that...hmmm....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 22:00 - May 20 with 3668 viewspansypants

Can you do eggs in them?

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 07:37 - May 21 with 3623 viewsjacksinceever

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 18:14 - May 20 by Jackfath

I love a good sausage.

... meanwhile back to food ...
We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 15:13 - May 21 with 3573 viewsswanny

what idiot thought it was a good idea to have liver and onions on a day like today :(

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 07:55 - May 22 with 3525 viewsjacksinceever

We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 15:13 - May 21 by swanny

what idiot thought it was a good idea to have liver and onions on a day like today :(

Been eating a lot of salad-related things lately, so the fridge is chocker with them. Grrrrr (Looks out of window in disgust!)
With regards to a slow cooker, I was getting something from the depths of our kitchen the other day and discovered that we still got one. We thought we'd got rid years ago. Happy days !
We used to have a slow cooker recipe thread..... on 12:46 - May 22 with 3496 viewsPinky

I love making pulled pork in the slow cooker.

Get a bit of pork shoulder, an onion, barbecue spice mix (or paprika), and olive oil. Cut the onion in half and place in the slow cooker, then place the shoulder on top. Make a paste by adding olive oil to 2tsp of barbecue spice mix or paprika until it's not too thick or runny. Coat the shoulder with it.

Bang it on low for 6-8 hours, remove the fat which goes quite soggy when cooked this way, then pull the shoulder apart with 2 forks. Easy as that and only costs around £4. You can then take a leaf out of Hard Rock Cafe's book and serve something like this.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024