Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Led Zepp in trouble for plagiarism 13:38 - May 20 with 9566 viewsElHoop

Seems a long time to wait to make a claim. Can you do that? They've got a point though - a bit of 'Stairway to Heaven' is definitely there.

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/77406

Led Zepp in trouble for plagiarism on 07:42 - Jul 25 with 989 viewsizlingtonhoop

Led Zepp in trouble for plagiarism on 11:56 - Jul 23 by Juzzie

Blimey, this thread has got to be a year or two old!

Izlingtonhoop, I see you down-voted my comment about DJ's. Care to elaborate?

I stand by my statement that they just play someone elses music and are being paid huge amounts to do so and being revered as god-like status. Just seem OTT to me.

No idea.

Maybe I was just looking to see who had voted it up, and hit he wrong button. Maybe I just thought it was a bit shouty and had taken a drink myself.

Reading it a year on I neither agree nor disagree with most of it. Although I do think there is a knack to reading the crowd - feeling the vibe - whether strongly enough to down arrow, not sure.

Edit: I just looked up. We had a brief PM conversation about it at the time...
[Post edited 25 Jul 2015 7:54]
Led Zepp in trouble for plagiarism on 07:49 - Jul 25 with 988 viewsizlingtonhoop

Led Zepp in trouble for plagiarism on 21:52 - Jul 23 by Cliff_Schitzinabag

Wow, I've never made that connection before. More Than A Feeling is one of those all time "guilty pleasure" numbers, isn't it?
Cobain always said "I was basically ripping off the Pixies", by which he probably meant "Debaser".

For some reason - I think it was a tele article - this came up a couple of weeks ago chez nous, and I played the Boston song to Junior Iz, who is fond of often playing Nirvana.
I now notice that 'More than a Feeling' has made it on to his Spotify list, as two or three times I've heard it blaring in the kitchen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024