Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fao ted 23:06 - May 29 with 2945 viewsloftboy

Ted where's Charlie gone, haven't seen him posting here for a while.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Fao ted on 23:25 - May 29 with 2927 viewsMoonshineSteve

Now he's a dad Charlie's got more important things to do than mess about on messageboards with the likes of you.

He was at Wembley though.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Fao ted on 23:26 - May 29 with 2922 viewsloftboy

Fao ted on 23:25 - May 29 by MoonshineSteve

Now he's a dad Charlie's got more important things to do than mess about on messageboards with the likes of you.

He was at Wembley though.

Cheers Steve

Fao ted on 23:32 - May 29 with 2909 viewsMoonshineSteve

I was hoping to catch up with him but frankly Saturday was all a bit frantic. By the time I got hold of him he was on the train home.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Fao ted on 23:53 - May 29 with 2866 viewsted_hendrix

Loftboy, Dave's in good nick thanks for asking, there was 8 of us sat together at Wembley, 5 from here (LFW) 3 of them have long since stopped posting though including Dave.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Fao ted on 23:59 - May 29 with 2849 viewsloftboy

Give home my regards Ted, never met him but he's offered me some good advice in the past when I've needed it, do you all still drink in the Adelaide? Will try and get in there next season.

Fao ted on 00:03 - May 30 with 2838 viewsted_hendrix

Fao ted on 23:59 - May 29 by loftboy

Give home my regards Ted, never met him but he's offered me some good advice in the past when I've needed it, do you all still drink in the Adelaide? Will try and get in there next season.

Will do mate, we meet up at LR in the Springbok now.

Fao ted on 00:07 - May 30 with 2833 viewsBrightonhoop

Always enjoyed Charlies posts, especially his trip down to Africa. Glad to hear he's ok.
Fao ted on 00:08 - May 30 with 2833 viewsHoops1975

Fao ted on 00:03 - May 30 by ted_hendrix

were you in The Railway in Greenford lunchtime saturday Ted ??
Login to get fewer ads

Fao ted on 00:16 - May 30 with 2821 viewsloftboy

Fao ted on 00:03 - May 30 by ted_hendrix

I'm in there most home games, but early, will keep an eye out

Fao ted on 00:17 - May 30 with 2816 viewsted_hendrix

Fao ted on 00:08 - May 30 by Hoops1975

were you in The Railway in Greenford lunchtime saturday Ted ??

No mate we were in the pub opposite the stadium, you oughta see my new Les Paul, its a cracker.

Fao ted on 08:02 - May 30 with 2702 viewswestberksr

Fao ted on 00:17 - May 30 by ted_hendrix

No mate we were in the pub opposite the stadium, you oughta see my new Les Paul, its a cracker.

Ted, is this Les Paul that you speak of any good at left back? If not save those ramblings for some other time.

Charlie now has the ST renewal dilemma to face! He ended up last season with less appearances than yossi, but like BZ came good at the end of the season, will he go for the extra year on the contract at substantial increased prices?
Fao ted on 08:46 - May 30 with 2653 viewsCharlie1

Hello Loftboy / gents

Cheers for asking. Other than being permanently knackered, I'm fine thanks. My wife gave birth to our first on January 25th. I was at the Huddersfield game the week before and when leaving the crown & sceptre with the likes of Neil and Jeff from here, I didn't expect that to be my last game in awhile. I simply lost interest in QPR for obvious reasons! That lack of interest became disillushioned and I could predict the formation and performances every week. Also, many of but not all the postings on here would be miserable - I found this place toxic. Having a daughter / baby, whilst exhausting, is the best thing in life. And I simply came to the conclusion that why on earth would I leave her on a Saturday to watch QPR play a medioce championship team, putting in a boring performance by players who didn't really care.

I did though, go to the Wigan game and one thing struck me. The togetherness of the players and fans. That's the first time I've seen and felt that since Warnock was in charge. That momentum change was vital for Wembley.

I was at MArylebone around 1 ish and met a couple of old favourites from on here. Not a drop of booze touched my lips having had 2 hours (kid you not) sleep the night before.
Being at Wembley with Dad and friends was quite amazing. I can't recall if it's in Clives report or not, I think it kind of is, but for me, it was a special moment. Being a season ticket holder since the early 90's and going since the mid 80's, we've had more rubbish years then good. So to have that moment and watch the players of our club win a trophey at Wembley will stay with me to the day I die. Hugging the old man and friends sat with us made it all worthwhile (tears in the eye moment) and what makes us QPR a bit different. I hope one day, I can do the same with my daughter, just not wait 30 bloody years.

This argument about the ST prices is tricky. Ultimately, it's down to supply / demand. The demand is there in the premiership. What worries me most for QPR though, those of us who went / go week in / week out for years, may get left behind.

If I can make the numbers work, I'll renew but I've got three mouths to feed and mine is a big mouth!

Cheers lads - hope you're all well.

2:59 baby!

Fao ted on 09:04 - May 30 with 2636 viewsloftboy

Fao ted on 08:46 - May 30 by Charlie1

Hello Loftboy / gents

Cheers for asking. Other than being permanently knackered, I'm fine thanks. My wife gave birth to our first on January 25th. I was at the Huddersfield game the week before and when leaving the crown & sceptre with the likes of Neil and Jeff from here, I didn't expect that to be my last game in awhile. I simply lost interest in QPR for obvious reasons! That lack of interest became disillushioned and I could predict the formation and performances every week. Also, many of but not all the postings on here would be miserable - I found this place toxic. Having a daughter / baby, whilst exhausting, is the best thing in life. And I simply came to the conclusion that why on earth would I leave her on a Saturday to watch QPR play a medioce championship team, putting in a boring performance by players who didn't really care.

I did though, go to the Wigan game and one thing struck me. The togetherness of the players and fans. That's the first time I've seen and felt that since Warnock was in charge. That momentum change was vital for Wembley.

I was at MArylebone around 1 ish and met a couple of old favourites from on here. Not a drop of booze touched my lips having had 2 hours (kid you not) sleep the night before.
Being at Wembley with Dad and friends was quite amazing. I can't recall if it's in Clives report or not, I think it kind of is, but for me, it was a special moment. Being a season ticket holder since the early 90's and going since the mid 80's, we've had more rubbish years then good. So to have that moment and watch the players of our club win a trophey at Wembley will stay with me to the day I die. Hugging the old man and friends sat with us made it all worthwhile (tears in the eye moment) and what makes us QPR a bit different. I hope one day, I can do the same with my daughter, just not wait 30 bloody years.

This argument about the ST prices is tricky. Ultimately, it's down to supply / demand. The demand is there in the premiership. What worries me most for QPR though, those of us who went / go week in / week out for years, may get left behind.

If I can make the numbers work, I'll renew but I've got three mouths to feed and mine is a big mouth!

Cheers lads - hope you're all well.

Congratulations Charlie, my season ticket was the first thing to go when my first arrived back in 91, it was weird at first but family comes first, it was a great feeling when the kids go to their first game. 4 of mine have season tickets now and it's a great taking them to games, one of my daughters now lives with a poster off here and they go to games together and sit in a different stand.

Fao ted on 09:50 - May 30 with 2605 viewsCharlie1

Fao ted on 09:04 - May 30 by loftboy

Congratulations Charlie, my season ticket was the first thing to go when my first arrived back in 91, it was weird at first but family comes first, it was a great feeling when the kids go to their first game. 4 of mine have season tickets now and it's a great taking them to games, one of my daughters now lives with a poster off here and they go to games together and sit in a different stand.

Cheers mate

I hope they pay for themselves! It's bleeding expensive!

Before the little one was born, I'd put the bins out fortnightly. She's four months old, bins go out weekly now full of sh!tty nappies! My God it burns a whole in the wallet!

Family does indeed come first. God knows how you and your wife coped with 4! Thing is, what I've quickly learnt is, you do indeed cope. You just get on with it.

Unlike the modern footballer!

Fao ted on 10:03 - May 30 with 2587 viewsloftboy

Fao ted on 09:50 - May 30 by Charlie1

Cheers mate

I hope they pay for themselves! It's bleeding expensive!

Before the little one was born, I'd put the bins out fortnightly. She's four months old, bins go out weekly now full of sh!tty nappies! My God it burns a whole in the wallet!

Family does indeed come first. God knows how you and your wife coped with 4! Thing is, what I've quickly learnt is, you do indeed cope. You just get on with it.

Unlike the modern footballer!

Actually we have 6 but two aren't interested in football, yes it's non stop pay out, my daughter who's moved out pays for her own (or lowerloftlad does) but my eldest son is still at college so I pay his and obviously the 9 and 13 year old.
As for nappys my 6 year old has a bowel condition so has to use pull ups as he's on very strong laxatives permanently, 6 quid a pack for 19 doesn't last long.

Fao ted on 10:49 - May 30 with 2558 viewsBrightonhoop

Good to see you posting again Charlie, and congrats on becoming a Father. Your post brought back alot of good memories of when my two first came along. Somehow we get through those early years, first couple of years is a bit like treading water but it gets easier. And yes it puts everything else into a different perspective. It's a bit more chilled out here these days too. You will never forget taking your first born to Rangers for the first time.
Lovely to get a girl first too. There's a lovely old Scottish song about chromosones goes along the lines of 'anyone can make a boy but it takes a man to make a girl.' Happy times mate enjoy these years.
Fao ted on 13:57 - May 30 with 2499 viewsCharlie1

Fao ted on 10:03 - May 30 by loftboy

Actually we have 6 but two aren't interested in football, yes it's non stop pay out, my daughter who's moved out pays for her own (or lowerloftlad does) but my eldest son is still at college so I pay his and obviously the 9 and 13 year old.
As for nappys my 6 year old has a bowel condition so has to use pull ups as he's on very strong laxatives permanently, 6 quid a pack for 19 doesn't last long.

Bloody hell LB, you must be minted. Surprised you're not in c- club

Good luck with you lad.

Cheers BH - not for a good decade yet.

Fao ted on 22:33 - Jun 1 with 2352 viewsHoops1975

Fao ted on 00:17 - May 30 by ted_hendrix

Nice one Ted...hope you didn't part ex the Nocaster for it tho !!!
Fao ted on 23:38 - Jun 1 with 2321 viewsTrom

Managed to retain my season ticket despite having two young kids.

Been a bit of a bonus as it gives me a pass out the house and away from child minding duties once every two weeks.

Having young children whilst the best thing in the world does remind you why sleep depravation is considered torture.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024