Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Van Dijk for £8m 09:03 - Aug 6 with 15113 viewsParlay

Newcastle have been quoted that figure to land him. Think thats too rich for us. He is a cracking player though.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-must-p

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:06 - Aug 6 with 2872 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

I think we need to reconsider our move for Van Dijk and Matthews after seeing them tonight for Celtic

2-0 down at home to Legia and defence is as shocking as the 3-1 defeat last week
Van Dijk for £8m on 21:14 - Aug 6 with 2802 viewsswanseacityfan

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:06 - Aug 6 by TenkosBlondeWig

I think we need to reconsider our move for Van Dijk and Matthews after seeing them tonight for Celtic

2-0 down at home to Legia and defence is as shocking as the 3-1 defeat last week

To be fair, Matthews was outstanding in the first half. Attacking and defending well. The first goal killed them.

Just because a team lose a game heavily, it doesn't mean that all their players are awful.

"Na na na na na na na na na, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Sigurdsson, Gylfi Sigurdsson"

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:15 - Aug 6 with 2788 viewsOldjack

Manager ,not very good is he

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:17 - Aug 6 with 2771 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:14 - Aug 6 by swanseacityfan

To be fair, Matthews was outstanding in the first half. Attacking and defending well. The first goal killed them.

Just because a team lose a game heavily, it doesn't mean that all their players are awful.

Their defence doesn't look very good to be honest
Van Dijk for £8m on 21:19 - Aug 6 with 2746 viewsswanseacityfan

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:17 - Aug 6 by TenkosBlondeWig

Their defence doesn't look very good to be honest

Maybe not. Doesn't mean that the players are rubbish and wont be good enough for us though.

Celtic are a big catch for players and are a much bigger club than us. Obviously the level is pretty poor but they do attract some good players there. I think Matthews would fit in really well here with the right coaching and Van Dijk is highly rated by a few top manager, Van Gaal being one.

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:29 - Aug 6 with 2694 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:19 - Aug 6 by swanseacityfan

Maybe not. Doesn't mean that the players are rubbish and wont be good enough for us though.

Celtic are a big catch for players and are a much bigger club than us. Obviously the level is pretty poor but they do attract some good players there. I think Matthews would fit in really well here with the right coaching and Van Dijk is highly rated by a few top manager, Van Gaal being one.

I get what your saying but didn't Van Gaal choose not to take him to the World Cup
Van Dijk for £8m on 21:32 - Aug 6 with 2663 viewsswanseacityfan

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:29 - Aug 6 by TenkosBlondeWig

I get what your saying but didn't Van Gaal choose not to take him to the World Cup

I'm not sure on the reasons. That's not really a reason to think he's not good enough though. He's still young, needs to play in a proper league to progress.

I'd be happy with both for the tight price.

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:41 - Aug 6 with 2610 viewsploppy

It was 4-1 last week, 6-1 on agg. Not impressed with van Dijk. Not sure about Matthews.
Login to get fewer ads

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:43 - Aug 6 with 2593 views3swan

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:19 - Aug 6 by swanseacityfan

Not him particularly but I do wonder why some players go to Celtic and a few seasons ago Rangers.

Were they just chasing the money?
Hoping to do well and get into the Premier?

Apart from the odd Euro game they wouldn't be stretching themselves week in week out.
Van Dijk for £8m on 21:46 - Aug 6 with 2564 viewsCatullus

Van Dijk for £8m on 18:48 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

£5 million wouldn't be too bad. But if we've got to pay higher for an untried centre half then it's still a bad deal

I don't get the line about untried players?? Nearly every player we have signed from abroad has been untried in the PL.
Why is it suddenly a mistake to replace a player we no longer want (but signed from abroad, untried) with a signing from abroad?

For what it's worth, I'll be happy if we get 4 million for chico and then sign Van Dijk.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:50 - Aug 6 with 2522 viewsBorojack

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:46 - Aug 6 by Catullus

I don't get the line about untried players?? Nearly every player we have signed from abroad has been untried in the PL.
Why is it suddenly a mistake to replace a player we no longer want (but signed from abroad, untried) with a signing from abroad?

For what it's worth, I'll be happy if we get 4 million for chico and then sign Van Dijk.

So would I Mathews is not good enough
if tonight was anything to go on though.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:59 - Aug 6 with 2462 viewsAngelRangelQS

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:46 - Aug 6 by Catullus

God knows what some people expect mate
Van Dijk for £8m on 22:38 - Aug 6 with 2336 viewsraynor94

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:59 - Aug 6 by AngelRangelQS

The bleating from a few of the usual suspects on this thread are laughable, two players written off on the back of celtics loss, isn't it an 11 man game? and I do their new manager is way out of his depth

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Van Dijk for £8m on 22:53 - Aug 6 with 2280 viewsPrivate_Partz

Van Dijk for £8m on 21:59 - Aug 6 by AngelRangelQS

It is simple for me. If a player has not been playing at a level, or very similar to, the Premier League then they are untried. Associated with that could be a settling in period as they adjust to a higher level and also the weather and cultural differences dependant on where the player comes from.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 23:22]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:59 - Aug 6 with 2243 viewsJoe_bradshaw

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-eye-federico-fernan
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 23:00]

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:21 - Aug 7 with 2085 viewsBrynmill_Jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:59 - Aug 6 by Joe_bradshaw

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-eye-federico-fernan
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 23:00]

Flores looks like he's off to join Laudrup in his new club Lekkyweeki. Lekkyweeki FFS!
And he's a journalist!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Van Dijk for £8m on 09:56 - Aug 7 with 1982 viewsJackSomething

Van Dijk for £8m on 22:53 - Aug 6 by Private_Partz

It is simple for me. If a player has not been playing at a level, or very similar to, the Premier League then they are untried. Associated with that could be a settling in period as they adjust to a higher level and also the weather and cultural differences dependant on where the player comes from.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 23:22]

We should think back to 12/13 when we brought in 8 players from abroad over the course of the season who had never played in the PL before.

That season was a disaster wasn't it?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Van Dijk for £8m on 13:38 - Jan 19 with 1613 viewsDarran

Van Dijk for £8m on 18:40 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

That's not the point. The guy did very well for us in the PL and is only twenty seven and if rumours are to be believed we're going to be paying 6-8 million for an untried CB who hasn't play PL before. A profit of only 1.5 million makes me feel like we've been mugged

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Van Dijk for £8m on 14:47 - Jan 19 with 1409 views34dfgdf54

£8million would be an absolute snip for Van Dijk, no way is this happening surely.
Van Dijk for £8m on 14:53 - Jan 19 with 1371 viewsDarran

Van Dijk for £8m on 14:47 - Jan 19 by 34dfgdf54

£8million would be an absolute snip for Van Dijk, no way is this happening surely.

Yep you are fućking thick.

Van Dijk for £8m on 14:55 - Jan 19 with 1359 viewsFlashberryjack

Van Dijk for £8m on 14:47 - Jan 19 by 34dfgdf54

You're right on both counts.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Van Dijk for £8m on 15:05 - Jan 19 with 1315 viewsLeonWasGod

Get him here with Charlie Adam
Van Dijk for £8m on 16:05 - Jan 19 with 1207 views34dfgdf54

Van Dijk for £8m on 14:53 - Jan 19 by Darran

Yep you are fućking thick.

Schoolboy error I must admit.
Van Dijk for £8m on 16:16 - Jan 19 with 1178 viewsDarran

Van Dijk for £8m on 16:05 - Jan 19 by 34dfgdf54

Schoolboy error I must admit.

Van Dijk for £8m on 17:01 - Jan 19 with 1115 viewsHuwJackBastard

Van Dijk for £8m on 09:05 - Aug 6 by TheClash

Not too rich for us.

i agree, most of the reports online have said we have only spent 12million out of the 30 rumored to be available...so why not?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024