Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread 01:03 - Aug 23 with 15168 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 1:54]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 16:53 - Aug 23 with 2372 viewsJackoBoostardo

Fell asleep second half - ridiculous passing, possession and attacking.

Monk needs to kick their asses as even though Burnley were a good team, we didn't make chances by making too many silly mistakes.

Onwards and upwards and all - hopefully learn from this for the next game! Still a clean sheet too!
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 16:56]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 16:54 - Aug 23 with 2368 viewsJonnyTheJack

2nd half was pretty poor. Reminded me of the home games at the end of last season.

Thought we looked a bit leggy in midfield. Thank god we got Carroll in.
The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 16:54 - Aug 23 with 2363 viewsphact0rri

That second half was a depleted swans by miles. Got to give Fabs Man of the match... with a superb Ashley Williams really getting in there as well to sort things out.

Three points though we'll take it even if it wasn't always pretty.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 16:54 - Aug 23 with 2362 viewsswanduck

Poor second half but we got the three points which is the main thing at the end of the day.

Think we would have drawn or lost that match last year, Fabianski was brilliant.
The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Aug 23 with 2271 viewsMrSwerve

Cardiff lose after an injury time own goal, aww.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Aug 23 with 2178 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Aug 23 by MrSwerve

Cardiff lose after an injury time own goal, aww.

Saw a little of that - high ball hysterics. Couldn't have happened to a better team!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 17:02 - Aug 23 with 2141 viewsAnotherJohn

Thank goodness for that - we were really under the cosh in that second half. My theory has been that we are going to take time to settle with all the new faces, and if we can pick up points while doing that we'll be okay. It was a mighty close run thing today though, and the midfield didn't look too clever.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 17:05]
The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 17:02 - Aug 23 with 2136 viewsMrSwerve

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Aug 23 by JackoBoostardo

Saw a little of that - high ball hysterics. Couldn't have happened to a better team!

Fukem

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 17:05 - Aug 23 with 2096 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 17:02 - Aug 23 by AnotherJohn

Thank goodness for that - we were really under the cosh in that second half. My theory has been that we are going to take time to settle with all the new faces, and if we can pick up points while doing that we'll be okay. It was a mighty close run thing today though, and the midfield didn't look too clever.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 17:05]

It's more likely the case that the team went in expecting an easier game than they had - both were poor, Burnley more so not to equalise. We were effectively bailed out by Fabianski and Williams - especially when Amat switched off a few times.

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 17:21 - Aug 23 with 1887 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I can't believe people were happy to sell Williams in the Summer.

I also cannot believe why more people cannot see that while Shelvey does have some qualities, those qualities are not suited to us and we would improve as a team if he was shipped out and a better, more suitable midfielder was brought in.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 17:23 - Aug 23 with 1878 viewslondonlisa2001

First time in many many years that I've had to watch the first home game on the web rather than live.

Burnley looked good I thought - much more crisp and tidy in the middle than I had thought they would be - Taylor played very well (their Taylor). I'd like to see them do OK although missing good chances isn't good in this league.

We should have been leading by a couple more after 50 mins or so - Siggy in 1st half and Bony at beginning of second. Looked a bit nervous as the second half went on, but excellent from Ashley Williams and Fabianski is looking like a very definite upgrade on Vorm at the moment - so good under the high ball and yet that finger tip save in the second half shows he is a great shot stopper as well. I thought Neil Taylor was better than last week and Ki was neat and tidy. Jonjo didn't have the best game and we didn't get onto the front foot at all in the final half an hour or so.
Still, good three points - we wouldn't have held on for that last season - would have been a draw at best. Should now give us a confidence boost for the next home match - I was a little concerned that we would do the usual Swans thing of not capitalising on last week's game so it's great that we have.

Can't underestimate already being 5 or 6 points above a lot of our 'rivals' and a lot more to come in terms of performance - you could see that from flashes in the first half where we played some outstanding stuff at times.
The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 17:29 - Aug 23 with 1843 viewsTummer_from_Texas

After enduring a nauseating NBC announcing crew last week in the "Man U vs. uhhh, somebody I guess" game, it was great having two guys (Gary Weaver/Andy Hitchcliffe) who actually spent MOST of the time focused on the Swans.

They were filling us up with all kinds of praise (both the team and the atmosphere) in the first half, before we fell asleep and almost gave it away. Funny though, they were actually quite confident there was no way Bony would be the one sitting when Gomis got up. Was thinking about the meltdown that would ensue if they were right and we switched to a 4-4-2 haha.

If this team learns how to play like the first 30 or so minutes most of the time, I am going to start believing some crazy shit could happen. But that's a tall task.

Starting to notice some lazy tendencies with Gomis. No bueno.

MOTM has to be Fabianski, right?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 17:51 - Aug 23 with 1731 viewsSweyns_Eye

Fabianski looks a far better player than Vorm based on the first two matches this season. He's a commanding presence in the box and looks a safe pair of hands when he goes to catch the ball. I was impressed by the balls he punched out too, they seemed to go very long.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 18:08 - Aug 23 with 1657 viewsphact0rri

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 17:29 - Aug 23 by Tummer_from_Texas

After enduring a nauseating NBC announcing crew last week in the "Man U vs. uhhh, somebody I guess" game, it was great having two guys (Gary Weaver/Andy Hitchcliffe) who actually spent MOST of the time focused on the Swans.

They were filling us up with all kinds of praise (both the team and the atmosphere) in the first half, before we fell asleep and almost gave it away. Funny though, they were actually quite confident there was no way Bony would be the one sitting when Gomis got up. Was thinking about the meltdown that would ensue if they were right and we switched to a 4-4-2 haha.

If this team learns how to play like the first 30 or so minutes most of the time, I am going to start believing some crazy shit could happen. But that's a tall task.

Starting to notice some lazy tendencies with Gomis. No bueno.

MOTM has to be Fabianski, right?

its all about viewership. at manU people know and are mostly in it for manUre. but when its on with burnley who are favourites on regulation obviously were going to be favourites and they are going to be going at it, with that perspective.

Swans are a known quantity a bit for NBC in the states. the match at home against the scum ranked as the highest viewed match for the station.

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 18:48 - Aug 23 with 1493 viewsBournedore

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 17:23 - Aug 23 by londonlisa2001

First time in many many years that I've had to watch the first home game on the web rather than live.

Burnley looked good I thought - much more crisp and tidy in the middle than I had thought they would be - Taylor played very well (their Taylor). I'd like to see them do OK although missing good chances isn't good in this league.

We should have been leading by a couple more after 50 mins or so - Siggy in 1st half and Bony at beginning of second. Looked a bit nervous as the second half went on, but excellent from Ashley Williams and Fabianski is looking like a very definite upgrade on Vorm at the moment - so good under the high ball and yet that finger tip save in the second half shows he is a great shot stopper as well. I thought Neil Taylor was better than last week and Ki was neat and tidy. Jonjo didn't have the best game and we didn't get onto the front foot at all in the final half an hour or so.
Still, good three points - we wouldn't have held on for that last season - would have been a draw at best. Should now give us a confidence boost for the next home match - I was a little concerned that we would do the usual Swans thing of not capitalising on last week's game so it's great that we have.

Can't underestimate already being 5 or 6 points above a lot of our 'rivals' and a lot more to come in terms of performance - you could see that from flashes in the first half where we played some outstanding stuff at times.

Agree with this. Back to back wins in the league not to be sniffed at under any circumstances. Only managed it once last season in April but before that the last time was Dec 2012, which shows how hard it is for us to do. I think we'd have dropped points under that pressure last season, so the fact we didn't is a massive plus.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 18:49]
The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 18:53 - Aug 23 with 1473 viewsEdmundo

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 17:21 - Aug 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I can't believe people were happy to sell Williams in the Summer.

I also cannot believe why more people cannot see that while Shelvey does have some qualities, those qualities are not suited to us and we would improve as a team if he was shipped out and a better, more suitable midfielder was brought in.

Shelvey was a tad wasteful today, this was not his sort of game today. And we do need someone who can drive us forward in a constructive, non wasteful way.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 19:07 - Aug 23 with 1435 viewsJohnw102

Just got home from the match, that was a grind out win. First half we could/should have had 3. I thought second half Burnley would fold as they had spent most of the first chasing shadows, but we were the team that appeared to slow up. Ki had a great chance second half that I thought he should have buried, only player not on his game was JJS a below par performance from him, but lack of suitable midfielder on the bench he had to stay on. Amat is growing as a player the more games he has alongside Ash who was on top song today. Surprised nobody has mentioned the ref and his assistants, who I thought were very poor and not premiership quality. 3 points and a clean sheet that will do for me.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 19:26]

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 19:21 - Aug 23 with 1391 viewsmonmouth

Better result than I expected with a worse performance. Oh well, winning ugly is better with losing ugly, but tbh I just don't get the tactics. this is the third time at least we've seen this gifting of the initiative to an opposition who I doubt could have taken it for themselves. This is the first time it hasn't cost us, and really, it easily could have.

Can't be anything other than happy, but we parked the bus didn't we? Against Burnley. at home. I think GM really needs to think about that sort of mindset in future home games, we won't always be up against people like Joke-iewicz or whatever he's called.

Anyway, on we go, well done boys. fabianski worth 12 points at least this season to us.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 19:30 - Aug 23 with 1370 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 19:21 - Aug 23 by monmouth

Better result than I expected with a worse performance. Oh well, winning ugly is better with losing ugly, but tbh I just don't get the tactics. this is the third time at least we've seen this gifting of the initiative to an opposition who I doubt could have taken it for themselves. This is the first time it hasn't cost us, and really, it easily could have.

Can't be anything other than happy, but we parked the bus didn't we? Against Burnley. at home. I think GM really needs to think about that sort of mindset in future home games, we won't always be up against people like Joke-iewicz or whatever he's called.

Anyway, on we go, well done boys. fabianski worth 12 points at least this season to us.

I feel the same.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 19:31 - Aug 23 with 1370 viewsairedale

No disrespect to Burnley intended, but to me they looked like a very good Championship side, and I think that we went down to their level in the second half.

I think it could have very easily been a point each, or even worse.

We've got to maintain our standards against teams who are not as good as us or we'll chuck points away against them.

Those screens are monstrous and you can't see the clock anymore. Personally will put up with them 'cos of the dough they raise.

Oh yeah, I thought JJS was bad today too.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 19:33]
The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 20:41 - Aug 23 with 1299 viewsphact0rri

I just watched the Sean Dyche reaction... seemed more like he was at the pub talking to the lads. It was quite entertaining. Its very different than the buissness and pressure and down side that a lot of them tend to be.. definitely much different the LVG from last week.

After that bit I want to wish them all the best, and hope they can keep their noses above water.

The Official Swansea City v Burnley Matchday Thread on 22:06 - Aug 23 with 1205 viewsploppy

Can someone explain to me what happened second half? It was obvious we lost the initiative but I don't understand why. Did Burnley change formation or something? Like others have said, this isn't the first time it's happened (CP and WBA last season?). If the opposition are making tactical changes at half time, then we don't seem to be able to do anything about it. Whatever change they make, it seems to result in us lumping the ball upfield (including from GK) rather that building from the back - and that doesn't normally end well.

Having said that, good win today. We'd have lost that last season.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024