Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flashing Advertising boards 11:29 - Aug 24 with 15721 viewsFlashberryjack

I sit in the front row, east stand.
I couldn't believe it when I saw the advertising board was not only facing the pitch, but also in the faces of the supporters.
F*cking awful they were! found it hard to concentrate on the game with those flashing lights right in my eye line.
I know a few had to move incase the flashing lights brought on an epileptic fit, I sincerely hope that they won't be on for the next match, or at least be switched off during the game.
On top of that the boards had been moved further out, I assume to make them more visible to fans further back in the stand, but by doing this it completely obstructed about 2 foot of the field and by line.
Anyone else had the same problem?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:09 - Aug 24 with 1878 viewsHighjack

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:07 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

They're not strobe lights are they?

No they are L.E.D's

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:20 - Aug 24 with 1847 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:05 - Aug 24 by Dyfnant

Is that the same email to complain about the access card issues from Saturday?

i dont know about that try info@liberty-stadium.com

Poll: should we keep the new crowd facing advertising boards in the north east & south

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:22 - Aug 24 with 1834 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:07 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

They're not strobe lights are they?

no, however there are no health and safety regulations on "bright LED lights 2 meters away from my f***ing face" so i found the next closest thing, both could cause a seizure so what difference does it make

Poll: should we keep the new crowd facing advertising boards in the north east & south

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:24 - Aug 24 with 1825 viewsHighjack

Seizures from strobe lighting is very rare even with people with epilepsy, there's no reason to think that these lights would do any harm apart from being really annoying, although I didn't notice them for some reason.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:25 - Aug 24 with 1820 viewsJackfath

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:22 - Aug 24 by swanseasean96

no, however there are no health and safety regulations on "bright LED lights 2 meters away from my f***ing face" so i found the next closest thing, both could cause a seizure so what difference does it make

Maybe there is a reason why there's no H&S rules for LED advertising hoardings.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:28 - Aug 24 with 1806 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:25 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

Maybe there is a reason why there's no H&S rules for LED advertising hoardings.

i just wonder if that would change if someone's life was put in danger due to a fit, and what sort of compensation would be paid out by the club and whether they wish they actually took notice of the complaints for once,
even the stewards by us were complaining about it aswell as the cameramen, most of them moved as there was glares or cameras or something

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:33 - Aug 24 with 1790 viewsJackfath

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:28 - Aug 24 by swanseasean96

i just wonder if that would change if someone's life was put in danger due to a fit, and what sort of compensation would be paid out by the club and whether they wish they actually took notice of the complaints for once,
even the stewards by us were complaining about it aswell as the cameramen, most of them moved as there was glares or cameras or something

I expect it would change should someone have a seizure and it was proved that the advertising hoards were to blame.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:34 - Aug 24 with 1789 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:33 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

I expect it would change should someone have a seizure and it was proved that the advertising hoards were to blame.

if your telling me theres something else there thats hazardous this is beyond a joke ;)

Login to get fewer ads

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:36 - Aug 24 with 1780 viewsraynor94

Flashing Advertising boards on 18:41 - Aug 24 by Flashberryjack

I don't know where you sit, but I suspect nowhere near the very front seats...which would explain your unsympathetic response to the the ones that do.
I would also suspect that your wild guess regarding health and safety issues Ito be wrong as well.

Row g in the west, and I'm pretty sure I'm right on the health and safety, as I said I hardly noticed them, and going by this thread, not a lot of others did

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:37 - Aug 24 with 1772 viewsJackfath

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:36 - Aug 24 by raynor94

Row g in the west, and I'm pretty sure I'm right on the health and safety, as I said I hardly noticed them, and going by this thread, not a lot of others did

You wouldn't notice them. Their on the back of the advertising hoardings which nobody in the West can see.

#westisbest

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:38 - Aug 24 with 1773 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'll be amazed if these things are breaking any H&S regulations. Someone would have looked into that, the council pays people money to check these things out.

Poll: Tory leader

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:41 - Aug 24 with 1761 viewsraynor94

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:37 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

You wouldn't notice them. Their on the back of the advertising hoardings which nobody in the West can see.

#westisbest

Ah, right I thought they were talking about the boards going across the front of the East stand

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:44 - Aug 24 with 1748 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:41 - Aug 24 by raynor94

Ah, right I thought they were talking about the boards going across the front of the East stand

no theyve got similar thing about 15 inches ong on the back of them at the top, they are extremely annoying especially to people in the front row

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:46 - Aug 24 with 1738 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:38 - Aug 24 by exiledclaseboy

I'll be amazed if these things are breaking any H&S regulations. Someone would have looked into that, the council pays people money to check these things out.

well myself, my grandfather, a lady behind ==, my friend next to me aswell as an elderly couple 5 or 6 rows back were ll complaining about them and that we had headaches to the team leader when he came over at half time and when we started to complain a load of others also joined in saying their heads were hurting aswell as another steward who said his head was hurting.

Flashing Advertising boards on 20:49 - Aug 24 with 1641 viewsFlashberryjack

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:38 - Aug 24 by exiledclaseboy

I'd be amazed if they didn't break HS regulations in some shape or form.
Risk assessment for a start, seeing that people suffering from epilepsy we're not warned about the advertising boards.

BTW The council pay a lot of people a lot of money for a lot of things.... Means FA.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Flashing Advertising boards on 20:52 - Aug 24 with 1636 viewsJackfath

Flashing Advertising boards on 20:49 - Aug 24 by Flashberryjack

Risk assessment for a start, seeing that people suffering from epilepsy we're not warned about the advertising boards.

BTW The council pay a lot of people a lot of money for a lot of things.... Means FA.

Is there any documented evidence of LED advertisement hoardings causing or triggering epilepsy?

Flashing Advertising boards on 20:55 - Aug 24 with 1627 viewsraynor94

Flashing Advertising boards on 20:49 - Aug 24 by Flashberryjack

Of course a risk assessment would have been carried out, an as someone in the thread pointed out they are led lights not strobe, I'm no expert but they wouldn't be there if they were a danger to the public

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:01 - Aug 24 with 1613 viewsJBT95

It makes me laugh when people were bumming the new screens but now realise that these new developments do not benefit the match going fan at all.

I sit in row F of the East and it wasn't too bad yesterday but night games will be terrible especially as they are infrequent unless we put a league cup run together. Used to sit in row B prior to promotion... glad I don't sit there anymore!

The Liberty wasn't broke... shouldn't have 'fixed' it.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 21:01]
Flashing Advertising boards on 21:01 - Aug 24 with 1611 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 20:55 - Aug 24 by raynor94

Of course a risk assessment would have been carried out, an as someone in the thread pointed out they are led lights not strobe, I'm no expert but they wouldn't be there if they were a danger to the public

they gave me a bloody migraine thats a bad enough in my books and i wasnt the only one, as i said earlier there was at-least 10 people complaining of headaches/migraines in my row alone

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:02 - Aug 24 with 1607 viewsJBT95

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:01 - Aug 24 by swanseasean96

they gave me a bloody migraine thats a bad enough in my books and i wasnt the only one, as i said earlier there was at-least 10 people complaining of headaches/migraines in my row alone

Nothing to do with the sun and not wearing caps/sunglasses?

Amazing how many people in the East (sat around my Dad and I) who haven't worked out to bring those items when it is due to be sunny during spring and summer or early autumnal/winter kick offs.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 21:03]
Flashing Advertising boards on 21:06 - Aug 24 with 1592 viewsJackfath

I wonder if any players have ever had any fits because of the flashing advertisements?

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:13 - Aug 24 with 1586 viewsHighjack

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:01 - Aug 24 by swanseasean96

Perhaps the club could hand out paracetemol at the turnstyle to all those afflicted by this terrible happenstance.

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:26 - Aug 24 with 1558 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:02 - Aug 24 by JBT95

Nothing to do with the sun and not wearing caps/sunglasses?

Amazing how many people in the East (sat around my Dad and I) who haven't worked out to bring those items when it is due to be sunny during spring and summer or early autumnal/winter kick offs.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 21:03]

i sit in the south mr smart arse the sun wasn't even in direct view of my head before you start blaming the weather.

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:29 - Aug 24 with 1549 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:13 - Aug 24 by Highjack

Perhaps the club could hand out paracetemol at the turnstyle to all those afflicted by this terrible happenstance.

better yet maybe they could start handing erythropoietin to players in the tunnel to stop them cramping up

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:39 - Aug 24 with 1519 viewsswanseasean96

to whoever earlier on said LEDs dont cause fits:

The use of artificial lighting has laid claim to a wide range of light sensitive symptoms that are aggravated by their use including:
- xeroderma pigmentosum
- lupus
- migraine
- epilepsy
- myalgic encephalomyelitis (aka chronic fatigue syndrome)
- Irlen-Meares syndrome (aka scotopic syndrome)
- fibromyalgia
- electrosensitivity
- dyspraxia
- autism/asperger syndrome
- retinal diseases, such as age‐related macular degeneration (AMD)
- chronic actinic dermatitis,
- solar urticaria

Effects of Light — Migraine
Migraine can be defined as an intense pulsing or throbbing pain in one area of the head. It is often accompanied by extreme sensitivity to light and sound, nausea, and vomiting. Migraine is three times more common in women than in men.

It is estimated that 14% of the adults in Europe have migraine (Stovner et al. 2006). According to self-reported information, certain visual patterns can reliably trigger a migraine attack, such as high contrast striped patterns or flickering lights. Fluorescent lamps can cause eye-strain and headache (Wilkins et al. 1991). Patients with migraine show somewhat lowered flicker fusion thresholds during migraine-free periods. In addition, photophobia, which is an abnormal perceptual sensitivity to light experienced by most patients with headache during and also between attacks, is documented in many studies.

and to the guy blaming the sun last time i checked it did not flicker :D

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024