Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flashing Advertising boards 11:29 - Aug 24 with 15314 viewsFlashberryjack

I sit in the front row, east stand.
I couldn't believe it when I saw the advertising board was not only facing the pitch, but also in the faces of the supporters.
F*cking awful they were! found it hard to concentrate on the game with those flashing lights right in my eye line.
I know a few had to move incase the flashing lights brought on an epileptic fit, I sincerely hope that they won't be on for the next match, or at least be switched off during the game.
On top of that the boards had been moved further out, I assume to make them more visible to fans further back in the stand, but by doing this it completely obstructed about 2 foot of the field and by line.
Anyone else had the same problem?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:42 - Aug 24 with 2107 viewsJackfath

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:39 - Aug 24 by swanseasean96

to whoever earlier on said LEDs dont cause fits:

The use of artificial lighting has laid claim to a wide range of light sensitive symptoms that are aggravated by their use including:
- xeroderma pigmentosum
- lupus
- migraine
- epilepsy
- myalgic encephalomyelitis (aka chronic fatigue syndrome)
- Irlen-Meares syndrome (aka scotopic syndrome)
- fibromyalgia
- electrosensitivity
- dyspraxia
- autism/asperger syndrome
- retinal diseases, such as age‐related macular degeneration (AMD)
- chronic actinic dermatitis,
- solar urticaria

Effects of Light — Migraine
Migraine can be defined as an intense pulsing or throbbing pain in one area of the head. It is often accompanied by extreme sensitivity to light and sound, nausea, and vomiting. Migraine is three times more common in women than in men.

It is estimated that 14% of the adults in Europe have migraine (Stovner et al. 2006). According to self-reported information, certain visual patterns can reliably trigger a migraine attack, such as high contrast striped patterns or flickering lights. Fluorescent lamps can cause eye-strain and headache (Wilkins et al. 1991). Patients with migraine show somewhat lowered flicker fusion thresholds during migraine-free periods. In addition, photophobia, which is an abnormal perceptual sensitivity to light experienced by most patients with headache during and also between attacks, is documented in many studies.

and to the guy blaming the sun last time i checked it did not flicker :D

Those figures are for indoors?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:44 - Aug 24 with 2095 viewsHighjack

And I'm pretty sure the sun does flicker a bit given it's a giant nuclear fusion reactor.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:44 - Aug 24 with 2095 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:42 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

Those figures are for indoors?

dont think it matters its just saying what causes what

Poll: should we keep the new crowd facing advertising boards in the north east & south

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:50 - Aug 24 with 2072 viewsJackfath

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:44 - Aug 24 by swanseasean96

dont think it matters its just saying what causes what

The effects of them outdoors would be diluted though maybe?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:56 - Aug 24 with 2058 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:50 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

The effects of them outdoors would be diluted though maybe?

thats assuming that information was for indoor, the paper i copied it from was just talking about LEDs there was a stat later on the explicitly said indoors so i assume the rest is just general indoor and out,

"The other main risk is from glare. The report say that, for indoor lighting, it is generally agreed that luminance higher than 10,000 cd/m² causes visual discomfort whatever the position of the lighting unit in the field of vision. Because the emission surfaces of LEDs are highly-concentrated point sources, the luminance of each individual source can be 1000 times higher than the discomfort level. The level of direct radiation from this type of source can therefore easily exceed the level of visual discomfort."

Poll: should we keep the new crowd facing advertising boards in the north east & south

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:59 - Aug 24 with 2061 viewsNewhousemustscore

I know a couple of people who suffer with migraines and they would struggle being that close to them. Even if you didn't suffer anything it must be a pain in the arse having flickering lights in your sight line whilst watching a game of football. Some have said we have struck deals with advertisers but can't they merely go back to old fashioned advertising boards facing the east stand & keep the flashing boards for facing west stand. To placate any advertisers who'd coughed up the cash give them a few free adverts on our new big TVs.
Flashing Advertising boards on 22:02 - Aug 24 with 2053 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:59 - Aug 24 by Newhousemustscore

I know a couple of people who suffer with migraines and they would struggle being that close to them. Even if you didn't suffer anything it must be a pain in the arse having flickering lights in your sight line whilst watching a game of football. Some have said we have struck deals with advertisers but can't they merely go back to old fashioned advertising boards facing the east stand & keep the flashing boards for facing west stand. To placate any advertisers who'd coughed up the cash give them a few free adverts on our new big TVs.

I get migraines on very rare occasions but those signs pi***d me right off, there not even just in the corner of your eye they're just below the centre of your field of vision when looking straight at the pitch, I wish they put old fashioned solid cardboard advertising boards facing us and had the LED ones facing the pitch.

Flashing Advertising boards on 22:31 - Aug 24 with 1994 viewsBovi

I sit high up and didn't have a headache but thinking about it now the bloke next to me commented at half time he had a headache and I heard a few others talking about having headaches walking out at the end.
This is a health issue and could escalate very quickly if the club continue this policy. Night games would be even worse.

What's wrong with saying Mong's ?

Login to get fewer ads

Flashing Advertising boards on 22:32 - Aug 24 with 1989 viewsDarran

Flashing Advertising boards on 22:31 - Aug 24 by Bovi

I sit high up and didn't have a headache but thinking about it now the bloke next to me commented at half time he had a headache and I heard a few others talking about having headaches walking out at the end.
This is a health issue and could escalate very quickly if the club continue this policy. Night games would be even worse.

They'd probably been listening to you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Flashing Advertising boards on 22:35 - Aug 24 with 1979 viewsBovi

Flashing Advertising boards on 22:32 - Aug 24 by Darran

They'd probably been listening to you.

One day I'm going to find out where you sit and you're going to get a pasty lobbed right at your bonce.

What's wrong with saying Mong's ?

Flashing Advertising boards on 22:36 - Aug 24 with 1976 viewsShonky

We should have a poll to decide if we should have more threads on the flashing advertising boards.

Its just a ride...

Flashing Advertising boards on 22:39 - Aug 24 with 1970 viewsMolliemick

Please cool down, as the PFA said! 'it is only banter!'
Flashing Advertising boards on 22:46 - Aug 24 with 1964 viewsraynor94

Does anybody think copious amounts of lager could have anything to do with the sudden outbreak of headaches in the east stand

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Flashing Advertising boards on 22:51 - Aug 24 with 1955 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 22:46 - Aug 24 by raynor94

Does anybody think copious amounts of lager could have anything to do with the sudden outbreak of headaches in the east stand

how many times have you been told its the north, east and south

Flashing Advertising boards on 23:24 - Aug 24 with 1931 viewsraynor94

Flashing Advertising boards on 22:51 - Aug 24 by swanseasean96

how many times have you been told its the north, east and south

Sorry I've had to much lager

Flashing Advertising boards on 23:40 - Aug 24 with 1910 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 23:24 - Aug 24 by raynor94

Sorry I've had to much lager

well i hope you buy in bulk ;)

Flashing Advertising boards on 01:20 - Aug 25 with 1844 viewsHighjack

I had a massive headache and so did everybody around me. At the time I didn't realise it was caused by the flickering advertising boards but now I realise that they are a complete menace to society and if they aren't toned down pronto they could lead to a headache pandemic of ebola proportions.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Flashing Advertising boards on 09:43 - Aug 25 with 1755 viewstomdickharry

Of course those lights are a nuisance,it amazes me that no official at "our " club questioned their viability and nuisance value,its going to be really interesting to see if anything is done about them,great chance for the Trust to show their muscle.
Flashing Advertising boards on 09:47 - Aug 25 with 1748 viewswaynekerr55

Flashing Advertising boards on 22:35 - Aug 24 by Bovi

One day I'm going to find out where you sit and you're going to get a pasty lobbed right at your bonce.

You'd do well to hit him as he's a moving target 😂😂😂😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:13 - Aug 25 with 1703 viewsFlashberryjack

Flashing Advertising boards on 09:43 - Aug 25 by tomdickharry

Of course those lights are a nuisance,it amazes me that no official at "our " club questioned their viability and nuisance value,its going to be really interesting to see if anything is done about them,great chance for the Trust to show their muscle.

That is the correct answer my friend.
Something needs to be done, and done now.
Maybe if they extended the flashing boards to face everyone in the ground, some of the ones that seem rather unsympathetic to those that are effected, might have a different opinion.
The trust needs to act on this...I'm sure there are plenty of legal firms rubbing their hands at the thought of legal action.
Or the matter should be reported to the HS executive, that is if it hasn't already been done.

Hello

Flashing Advertising boards on 20:19 - Aug 25 with 1618 viewsPlazex

I've tweeted Mr. Dineen asking if he would turn the brightness down. My family have had eyesight problems with them too and I go to every game with them. I don't need carpets, and I am well off my death bed, what's the point?

Poll: Where will we finish?

Flashing Advertising boards on 20:36 - Aug 25 with 1602 viewsFlashberryjack

Flashing Advertising boards on 20:19 - Aug 25 by Plazex

I've tweeted Mr. Dineen asking if he would turn the brightness down. My family have had eyesight problems with them too and I go to every game with them. I don't need carpets, and I am well off my death bed, what's the point?

Turn them down be f*ck.....turn the f*cking things off.
I swear I'll never ever buy a carpet from that company, and when I pop my clogs, that firm of undertakers can go f*ck themselves as well.

Hello

Flashing Advertising boards on 20:59 - Aug 25 with 1567 viewsswanseacityfan

Flashing Advertising boards on 20:36 - Aug 25 by Flashberryjack

Turn them down be f*ck.....turn the f*cking things off.
I swear I'll never ever buy a carpet from that company, and when I pop my clogs, that firm of undertakers can go f*ck themselves as well.

Shouldn't laugh but I did.

"Na na na na na na na na na, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Sigurdsson, Gylfi Sigurdsson"

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:24 - Aug 25 with 1536 viewsNeath_Jack

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:13 - Aug 25 by Flashberryjack

That is the correct answer my friend.
Something needs to be done, and done now.
Maybe if they extended the flashing boards to face everyone in the ground, some of the ones that seem rather unsympathetic to those that are effected, might have a different opinion.
The trust needs to act on this...I'm sure there are plenty of legal firms rubbing their hands at the thought of legal action.
Or the matter should be reported to the HS executive, that is if it hasn't already been done.

Nothing to do with the HSE.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Flashing Advertising boards on 21:30 - Aug 25 with 1522 viewsraynor94

Nothing in tonight's post about the mass outbreaks of headaches, surely it hasn't been overstated

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024