Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leigh Dineen's Answers 09:10 - Aug 29 with 11174 viewsPhil_S

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Stick-enjoy-benefits-long-term/story-228
Leigh Dineen's Answers on 09:17 - Aug 29 with 4274 viewsNeath_Jack

Has the attendance from the Rotherham game been announced?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 09:18 - Aug 29 with 4257 viewsPhil_S

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 09:17 - Aug 29 by Neath_Jack

Has the attendance from the Rotherham game been announced?

Not that I saw anywhere - I was told 'almost 13,000' but how close that means is anyone's guess
Leigh Dineen's Answers on 09:30 - Aug 29 with 4172 viewsjacksinceever

Interesting. I (and no doubt many others) have requested moves over the last few seasons and have largely been told nothing can be done.
Now, when I complain to the club that I suffer from Epilepsy and that I have genuine concerns that the boards which are about 6 feet away from me in the South may cause me to have a fit, the club should be able to accommodate a move.
Have they suudenly put in a few thousand seats we don't know about? (Before anyone answers I appreciate they will be putting me in seats which are unsold to ST holders and selling mine as match day tickets instead)
Leigh Dineen's Answers on 09:44 - Aug 29 with 4089 viewsCatullus

Those answers made sense to me, a pretty good response in fairness.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 09:54 - Aug 29 with 4025 viewsjacksinceever

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 09:44 - Aug 29 by Catullus

I agree, especially the part about many who tried to get in with cancelled ST's or duplicated tickets (sounds like quite a few tried to hoodwink the system and when caught out just walked away as there was nothing they could do)
My post wasn't a dig at Leigh's answers - it is just that it seems true of all organisations that their first response is "Sorry there's nothing we can do" until they are forced into situations then suddenly it's "yes of course we can help".
Swans / Ticket Office Management are no different in this.
After I renewed a third ST I asked in January if the TO could refund me (and of course then sell it on at a profit to one of many who are waiting for a ST).
I was told "No. You need to contact SCFC as it's their concern now. It was only a question of refunding me and cancelling my entitlement. How hard in this day and age could that have been.
Leigh Dineen's Answers on 09:58 - Aug 29 with 4006 viewsMattG

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 09:44 - Aug 29 by Catullus

Agreed. It's been a bit of a "perfect storm" in terms of ticketing and crowd issues so it hasn't been a complete surprise that things have taken a while to settle down.

However, one thing I was a bit surprised at was that these issues were apparently made worse by the KOL concert - presumably the financial benefits of this to the Stadco, Ospreys and ourselves must have been significant if we were prepared to lose 40% of the original installation and testing period. Anyone have an idea what an event like that would generate in terms of revenue and how that might be shared?

I can't really comment on the screens / advertising boards as I didn't make either the Burnley (holiday) or Rotherham (meh) games but provided the Club are making an effort to relocate those particularly affected then that's about as much as we can ask for.
Leigh Dineen's Answers on 10:35 - Aug 29 with 3887 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

This feels like a right second time attitude. There is nothing here that other people get right, fans are getting squeezed, the club needs to improve the quality of its service delivery. The ticketing farce has gone on too long.

Football clubs are lucky, customers are very, very loyal.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 10:40 - Aug 29 with 3869 viewsCatullus

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 09:54 - Aug 29 by jacksinceever

I agree, especially the part about many who tried to get in with cancelled ST's or duplicated tickets (sounds like quite a few tried to hoodwink the system and when caught out just walked away as there was nothing they could do)
My post wasn't a dig at Leigh's answers - it is just that it seems true of all organisations that their first response is "Sorry there's nothing we can do" until they are forced into situations then suddenly it's "yes of course we can help".
Swans / Ticket Office Management are no different in this.
After I renewed a third ST I asked in January if the TO could refund me (and of course then sell it on at a profit to one of many who are waiting for a ST).
I was told "No. You need to contact SCFC as it's their concern now. It was only a question of refunding me and cancelling my entitlement. How hard in this day and age could that have been.

I didn't think it was a dig. Thing is, when criticism is justified it has to be given, it's the only way things can improve.
Now we have this weekend where(hopefully) another improvement will be seen. I'm willing to give them the chance, but they can't have an open ended mandate. These changes have to be sorted out and working in no more than the next 3 home games. And I think that's plenty of latitude!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 10:41 - Aug 29 with 3858 viewsicecoldjack

His comments seem fair enough .

The only issue for me is those who are close to the advertising hordings, if they are on during a game then that's just plain daft IMO .

The best solution is to dim them down to a minimum setting and/or turn them off during match time.
Leigh Dineen's Answers on 10:43 - Aug 29 with 3853 viewsSweyns_Eye

7000 turned up for the Rotherham game with 15 mins to go. Crikey!

Reasonable answers I think, except for the one about the transaction fee for a single ticket - "If you're buying one ticket you don't benefit, although you can come to the ticket office and not pay anything" - this is only fine if you're nearby and can pop into the ticket office. Is it too much trouble to have a different tariff for a transaction fee for a single ticket? That's probably under Ticketmaster terms anyway and I doubt if the club could influence it, however if possible it should.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2014 10:50]

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 10:46 - Aug 29 with 3841 viewsepaul

The online ticketing is a shambles, tried to purchase chelsea and stoke tics yesterday it allocated me all the tickets but wont let me buy a chelsea one, bollux

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 10:48 - Aug 29 with 3830 viewsSweyns_Eye

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 09:30 - Aug 29 by jacksinceever

Interesting. I (and no doubt many others) have requested moves over the last few seasons and have largely been told nothing can be done.
Now, when I complain to the club that I suffer from Epilepsy and that I have genuine concerns that the boards which are about 6 feet away from me in the South may cause me to have a fit, the club should be able to accommodate a move.
Have they suudenly put in a few thousand seats we don't know about? (Before anyone answers I appreciate they will be putting me in seats which are unsold to ST holders and selling mine as match day tickets instead)

I wonder if your experience was like mine? In my experience of dealing with the ticket office they will fob you off and request you contact them at some point in the future, and when you do so it then so happens that what you are asking for is no longer possible due to all the season tickets having been renewed. I tried and failed to move last year.

I had the same crappy excuses off the ticket office this year then lost patience and finally got a move with LD's assistance. Try emailing him if you're looking to relocate next year.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 10:59 - Aug 29 with 3777 viewsFlashberryjack

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 09:58 - Aug 29 by MattG

Agreed. It's been a bit of a "perfect storm" in terms of ticketing and crowd issues so it hasn't been a complete surprise that things have taken a while to settle down.

However, one thing I was a bit surprised at was that these issues were apparently made worse by the KOL concert - presumably the financial benefits of this to the Stadco, Ospreys and ourselves must have been significant if we were prepared to lose 40% of the original installation and testing period. Anyone have an idea what an event like that would generate in terms of revenue and how that might be shared?

I can't really comment on the screens / advertising boards as I didn't make either the Burnley (holiday) or Rotherham (meh) games but provided the Club are making an effort to relocate those particularly affected then that's about as much as we can ask for.

So relocating fans from seats they have had since the stadium opened....just because the club want to make a couple of quid in advertising revenue.
We have 3 seats together, and have had since the stadium opened, I'm sure many are the same, do you honestly believe the club has sufficient empty seats to accommodate the people that wish to move will be seated together, more probably they will not be sitting together, which is the very reason they bought them in the fist place.
I don't know where you sit, and I don't know if you sit with family or friends..but I suspect if you were in my, or the other fans affected seats....and you were being relocated to another part of the ground, and probably away from you family/friends.
Then I suspect you wouldn't be saying "that's about as much as we can ask for"
You would probably be saying something more on the lines of "move the adverting boards, or turn them off during the game, or maybe employ an adequately qualified person to look for alternative streams of revenue, without shafting the very supporters the club are supposed to represent"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 11:03 - Aug 29 with 3749 viewsDarran

Do other clubs have these advertising boards facing the fans then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 11:13 - Aug 29 with 3676 viewsMattG

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 10:59 - Aug 29 by Flashberryjack

So relocating fans from seats they have had since the stadium opened....just because the club want to make a couple of quid in advertising revenue.
We have 3 seats together, and have had since the stadium opened, I'm sure many are the same, do you honestly believe the club has sufficient empty seats to accommodate the people that wish to move will be seated together, more probably they will not be sitting together, which is the very reason they bought them in the fist place.
I don't know where you sit, and I don't know if you sit with family or friends..but I suspect if you were in my, or the other fans affected seats....and you were being relocated to another part of the ground, and probably away from you family/friends.
Then I suspect you wouldn't be saying "that's about as much as we can ask for"
You would probably be saying something more on the lines of "move the adverting boards, or turn them off during the game, or maybe employ an adequately qualified person to look for alternative streams of revenue, without shafting the very supporters the club are supposed to represent"

I take your points and I do sympathise, genuinely, but feel there is something of a rock / hard place about this.

Plenty of people, myself included, have previously criticised the Club for not being sufficiently commercial and missing opportunities to generate additional revenue. Others have also been pretty vocal about the need for big screens inside the ground.

It seems that the fan-facing advertising boards are still being fine-tuned and should eventually be less intrusive. The screens would, ideally, have been situated further out towards the end of the roof but this wasn't possible, presumably due to the structural strength of the roof but, from what I've seen, the only thing obscured is part of the screen at the other end and not the pitch in any case.

As I say, I do sympathise with those directly affected but, given the size of our ground, it would have been almost impossible to introduce these sorts of things without affecting some people. However, those who are affected definitely need to be dealt with sympathetically (relocation, partial refund of ST cost, whatever).

Having said all that, I sit in the North West corner so won't be directly affected but, and I know this is easy to say, I'd like to think I'd take a similar view if I was.
Leigh Dineen's Answers on 11:25 - Aug 29 with 3617 viewsDyfnant

'As people are coming for the first time, we are having some that have got wrong barcodes or invalid barcodes. We are dealing with that on the day and as we are doing that, the problems are decreasing because once they are sorted for a season-ticket holder, they are sorted.'
So it's possible I missed the 1st half of the Burnley match due to this. Here's hoping my card works Saturday then. My question is, why didn't they employ half a dozen turnstile operators for a full day during the summer and test every card before sending them out?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 11:30 - Aug 29 with 3600 viewsSpratty

"We did ask supporters to come early for the first couple of games to help us with any teething issues. On the day approximately 7,000 turned up with less than 15 minutes to kick-off. If any supporter had issues at that time it was difficult for ticket office staff to resolve and get them into the ground by 3pm."

Fine blame the fans again pick data and falsely interpret it. Exactly how could he possibly derive this data from tunstile records. The answer is that is not possible without taking into account the time people spent queueing at turnstiles and for tickets.

Like the queue I entered at about 7 and would have missed kick off if it had not been put back (almost missed it anyway and so many more missed a large part of the game).

Now the ticket exchange not working and it closes in j1/2 an hour.

The match is sold out and people want tickets and there are tickets available on ticket exchange (even doubles) but the system will not allow you to select them (as reported on another thread) because the tickets are restricted by the client.

Rang the ticket office first thing could not have been more helpful, they got straight on to ticketmaster and they removed the block (which should not have been there as the match is a sellout). However it is still not working (even after deleting cookies) and the club is trying to sort out why with Ticketmaster. But with only 1/2 an hour to go to the enforced deadline to buy re TE - customers cannot buy and season ticket holders that cannot make the match are losing such income as they would get from the sale. Testing issues again?
Leigh Dineen's Answers on 11:37 - Aug 29 with 3565 viewsApeShit

I can't see how they will just move the fans?

What from the entire front row of the East? South?

Where to?
Leigh Dineen's Answers on 11:39 - Aug 29 with 3554 viewsperchrockjack

A

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 11:39 - Aug 29 with 3552 viewsFlashberryjack

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 11:03 - Aug 29 by Darran

Do other clubs have these advertising boards facing the fans then?

40 minutes ago Host: 188.29.48.105.threembb.co.uk
From Twitter
"Eleven Sports Media (@ElevenSports_)
23/08/2014 12:14
Today we introduce only the 3rd crowd-facing LED system in Europe at @SwansOfficial. We hope fans + sponsors enjoy the interactive platform."

Says it all really. Eleven were the main "advertiser" on the wretched boards.

Show Comments (6)
From the SCFC guest book

Hello

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 11:40 - Aug 29 with 3546 viewsperchrockjack

Aint it great to be whinging about 7000 fans coming 15 mins from the start of game?
Phil

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 11:43 - Aug 29 with 3528 viewslondonlisa2001

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 11:30 - Aug 29 by Spratty

"We did ask supporters to come early for the first couple of games to help us with any teething issues. On the day approximately 7,000 turned up with less than 15 minutes to kick-off. If any supporter had issues at that time it was difficult for ticket office staff to resolve and get them into the ground by 3pm."

Fine blame the fans again pick data and falsely interpret it. Exactly how could he possibly derive this data from tunstile records. The answer is that is not possible without taking into account the time people spent queueing at turnstiles and for tickets.

Like the queue I entered at about 7 and would have missed kick off if it had not been put back (almost missed it anyway and so many more missed a large part of the game).

Now the ticket exchange not working and it closes in j1/2 an hour.

The match is sold out and people want tickets and there are tickets available on ticket exchange (even doubles) but the system will not allow you to select them (as reported on another thread) because the tickets are restricted by the client.

Rang the ticket office first thing could not have been more helpful, they got straight on to ticketmaster and they removed the block (which should not have been there as the match is a sellout). However it is still not working (even after deleting cookies) and the club is trying to sort out why with Ticketmaster. But with only 1/2 an hour to go to the enforced deadline to buy re TE - customers cannot buy and season ticket holders that cannot make the match are losing such income as they would get from the sale. Testing issues again?

now Spratty - this is an area where I do completely agree with you (although I believe the 7,000 15 mins before kick off was supposed to relate to the Burnley match not Rotherham).

The ticket issues are a total shambles. There never seems to be proper testing.
Leigh Dineen's Answers on 12:03 - Aug 29 with 3430 viewsSpratty

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 11:43 - Aug 29 by londonlisa2001

now Spratty - this is an area where I do completely agree with you (although I believe the 7,000 15 mins before kick off was supposed to relate to the Burnley match not Rotherham).

The ticket issues are a total shambles. There never seems to be proper testing.

Thanks you are absolutely right, there is a bold heading above it, was scan reading whilst waiting for the TO to come back re the failed ticket exchange system and wrongly assumed it was the last game he referred to given he said we asked fans to come early (and as I recall that was particularly after the problems at the Burnley game).

The comment re the stats however still applies to the turnstile and any ticket collection etc. queues he is using a stat to make a point against the fans which it does not support. I could as (un)reasonably say 7,000 turned up an hour early and could not get in until at least 15 minutes before.

It is unacceptable that such simple things do not work, how hard to check the ticket exchange was working when it kicked in. Of course the poor TO staff get it many of whom are really friendly and helpful. It is understandable some get very defensive when put in an impossible position.

There we go 12 noon ticket exchange ended and never worked despite it holding many tickets for sale and there being people trying to buy tickets, shambles.
Leigh Dineen's Answers on 12:07 - Aug 29 with 3410 viewsFlashberryjack

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 11:13 - Aug 29 by MattG

I take your points and I do sympathise, genuinely, but feel there is something of a rock / hard place about this.

Plenty of people, myself included, have previously criticised the Club for not being sufficiently commercial and missing opportunities to generate additional revenue. Others have also been pretty vocal about the need for big screens inside the ground.

It seems that the fan-facing advertising boards are still being fine-tuned and should eventually be less intrusive. The screens would, ideally, have been situated further out towards the end of the roof but this wasn't possible, presumably due to the structural strength of the roof but, from what I've seen, the only thing obscured is part of the screen at the other end and not the pitch in any case.

As I say, I do sympathise with those directly affected but, given the size of our ground, it would have been almost impossible to introduce these sorts of things without affecting some people. However, those who are affected definitely need to be dealt with sympathetically (relocation, partial refund of ST cost, whatever).

Having said all that, I sit in the North West corner so won't be directly affected but, and I know this is easy to say, I'd like to think I'd take a similar view if I was.

Thanks for your sympathetic response, I wish everyone that isn't affected by these in your face led boards responded in the same manner.
If they are here to stay,then maybe it won't be long before they are extended to other parts of the ground, I wonder what parts of the ground those dissatisfied fans will be relocated to by Mr Dineen

Other than us, there are only 2 clubs in Europe that subject their fans to flashing advertising boards that directly face them.
Unfortunately our club are prepared to do so, without knowing the implications or side affects they may have on the fans they purport to represent, in a few years the club could be facing litigation should it be proven that damage may have been done to fans that have had the misfortune to have their eyesight bombarded with flashing lights, maybe time for the HS executive to get involved.

Hello

Leigh Dineen's Answers on 12:08 - Aug 29 with 3401 viewsDafyddHuw

Why does it cost £3 to buy online? Why is there any charge at all.

And if the club "have introduced ticketing software that is employed worldwide for sporting and entertainment venues" then why are perfectly valid tickets being rejected as having wrong barcodes or invalid barcodes Surely these problems would have been met and sorted before now if the system is employed worldwide?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2014 12:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024