Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Ayew 22:30 - Aug 31 with 2914 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Another winger?

http://shoot.co.uk/swans-to-sign-ghana-star/

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Andre Ayew on 22:38 - Aug 31 with 2885 viewsJJJack

He's a cracking player. Hell of a goalscoring record for a winger - 49 in 166.
Andre Ayew on 22:41 - Aug 31 with 2869 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Andre Ayew on 22:38 - Aug 31 by JJJack

He's a cracking player. Hell of a goalscoring record for a winger - 49 in 166.

His alternate position per wikipedia is "second striker."

Any chance he's an indication we think Spurs (or somebody else) might go for Bony's 24 million asking price?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Andre Ayew on 22:45 - Aug 31 with 2845 viewsmax936

Any youtube clips, I've never heard of him to be honest

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Andre Ayew on 22:55 - Aug 31 with 2789 viewsDaithejack

Good player but Isn't he another left winger, thought we were looking for a right wing?

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Andre Ayew on 23:14 - Aug 31 with 2661 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Andre Ayew on 22:45 - Aug 31 by max936

Any youtube clips, I've never heard of him to be honest

I know him from scoring the equalizer against USA in Brazil before we prevailed late. He also had a nice header for a goal in their next match against Germany.

Both of those goals are in the first half of this 3 minute clip. Pretty big time player, I think.

Andre Ayew on 23:28 - Aug 31 with 2587 viewslondonlisa2001

I suspect that we may be lining up a couple of options on the off chance that Spurs / Arsenal come in for Bony tomorrow.
Andre Ayew on 01:30 - Sep 1 with 2398 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Andre Ayew on 23:28 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

I suspect that we may be lining up a couple of options on the off chance that Spurs / Arsenal come in for Bony tomorrow.

That's the only thing that makes any sense, he's not a pure striker but he may be talented enough to do.

Bringing him to Swansea to try to squeeze him in with Routledge, Dyer, Montero, and Emnes (when he gets back) doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do with the estimated 10 million it will cost.

This article says we are bidding against QPR.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/31/qpr-v-swansea-in-battle-for-10m-ligue-

Should be an interesting 22 hours and counting.

Andre Ayew on 09:41 - Sep 1 with 2130 viewsSwan91

Andre Ayew on 01:30 - Sep 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

That's the only thing that makes any sense, he's not a pure striker but he may be talented enough to do.

Bringing him to Swansea to try to squeeze him in with Routledge, Dyer, Montero, and Emnes (when he gets back) doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do with the estimated 10 million it will cost.

This article says we are bidding against QPR.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/31/qpr-v-swansea-in-battle-for-10m-ligue-

Should be an interesting 22 hours and counting.

I agree that he could possibly be a striker replacement but there is 1 things you have said that needs correcting.

Emnes is not a winger so we only have 3 wingers atm. Monk has said the only Right Winger we have is dyer which pretty much suggests that monk doesn't think of emnes as a winger at all. When he is back from injury I believe he will be a mix of second choice AM and 3rd choice striker. That's why we need a right winger.
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Ayew on 09:49 - Sep 1 with 2097 viewstomdickharry

Andre Ayew on 09:41 - Sep 1 by Swan91

I agree that he could possibly be a striker replacement but there is 1 things you have said that needs correcting.

Emnes is not a winger so we only have 3 wingers atm. Monk has said the only Right Winger we have is dyer which pretty much suggests that monk doesn't think of emnes as a winger at all. When he is back from injury I believe he will be a mix of second choice AM and 3rd choice striker. That's why we need a right winger.

We all know who fits the bill and he won't cost millions,Sinclair.Never heard of Ayew.
Andre Ayew on 09:56 - Sep 1 with 2055 viewsSwan91

Andre Ayew on 09:49 - Sep 1 by tomdickharry

We all know who fits the bill and he won't cost millions,Sinclair.Never heard of Ayew.

I have said for a week now that I think we will get Sinclair on a season long loan. He's played with monk, he knows the system, and so far the players we have that have not done well the past couple of seasons are doing well now (like Tiendalli) so if he comes back he could be better. Also he has been training with some of the best players in the world at man city so he could've learnt a thing or 2

I have heard about ayew before and he does look a good player pretty good goal scoring record for a winger anyway.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 9:58]
Andre Ayew on 09:57 - Sep 1 with 2052 viewsClinton

He's never heard A yew either

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Andre Ayew on 10:03 - Sep 1 with 2013 viewsQuakerJack

I'd be happy if we lost Bony but gained Ayew and some cash. Still need a DM and a full back.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Andre Ayew on 10:06 - Sep 1 with 1986 viewsSwan91

Andre Ayew on 10:03 - Sep 1 by QuakerJack

I'd be happy if we lost Bony but gained Ayew and some cash. Still need a DM and a full back.

E would probably sell bony for 24 mill and buy ayew for 10 mill so it wouldn't be bad.... If he can do a similar job to Bony. We need a RW and LB, don't think we are looking at getting a DM it's not one of the problem areas that monk has said.
Andre Ayew on 10:32 - Sep 1 with 1878 viewsJackSomething

You suggest we sign all these lower-league players (Callum Wilson, Pittman), yet you've never heard of Andre Ayew, who has played (and scored) in 2 World Cups and played in the Champions League for Marseille?

Don't ever change TDH.

Having said that, I don't think there's anything in this. As you say, Sinclair would be more likely than Ayew.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Andre Ayew on 12:31 - Sep 1 with 1648 viewsSenhin

I've heard of him from Football Manager... And he's good... :P

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Andre Ayew on 14:12 - Sep 1 with 1471 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

His father Abedi Pele, was one of greatest African players ever. He is supposed to be a cracking player but from what I can tell he isn't really a striker but may well have the talent to be effective.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Andre Ayew on 14:15 - Sep 1 with 1452 viewsSwan91

According to some papers he has rejected hull and is still in talks with both us and QPR.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024