Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England manager Roy Hodgson says Jonjo Shelvey is still on the radar despite no 10:00 - Sep 3 with 1242 viewsthomasJack

JONJO Shelvey of Swansea City is still in contention for an England call-up, manager Roy Hodgson has said.

Shelvey, and team-mates Nathan Dyer and Wayne Routledge, have not been included in Hodgson’s squad for the friendly against Norway on Monday and the Euro 2016 qualifier in Switzerland.

But he said: "A player like Jonjo is always going to be in our thoughts."

"I do know him better than I know the two players I have selected this time.

"I've worked with Jonjo Shelvey and know him quite well in fact, I made him captain of the Under-21 team in the one game I had.

"So this was an opportunity for me to get a look at those two players, if I was to select Jonjo I know what he can bring.

"I know the player Nathan Dyer very well, in the wide areas he faces a lot of competition but we know he's there as well."

He added that every England player was on the management's radar, regardless of where they played their football.

"Most clubs, hopefully, will have at least one or two English players," Hodgson added.

"I've got respect for all the English players out there and I can assure them all - and their clubs - that there's never a week goes by that we don't have a report on them or we've seen them ourselves.

"So they aren't forgotten but whether or not they are selected is another matter, because I can only select 22 or 23 and I might choose to select other people."

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/England-manager-Roy-Hodgson-says-Jonjo-S

Poll: Next signing

England manager Roy Hodgson says Jonjo Shelvey is still on the radar despite no on 10:03 - Sep 3 with 1237 viewsperchrockjack

ok then

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

England manager Roy Hodgson says Jonjo Shelvey is still on the radar despite no on 10:13 - Sep 3 with 1213 viewsdobjack2

Predictable response. how he has managed to get away with their World Cup humiliation is incredible. Capello, Sven, mcclaren or Taylor would have been destroyed by the media.
England manager Roy Hodgson says Jonjo Shelvey is still on the radar despite no on 10:19 - Sep 3 with 1197 viewsCatullus

England manager Roy Hodgson says Jonjo Shelvey is still on the radar despite no on 10:13 - Sep 3 by dobjack2

Predictable response. how he has managed to get away with their World Cup humiliation is incredible. Capello, Sven, mcclaren or Taylor would have been destroyed by the media.

Very predictable. These friendlies would have been the ideal time to see what Dyer and Routs could offer.
I know he's picked a vastly different team for Norway. But these games should be a bit about about looking at the unknown.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

England manager Roy Hodgson says Jonjo Shelvey is still on the radar despite no on 10:25 - Sep 3 with 1169 viewsshingle

The guy is a Dinosaur and yes man, the England team will never get any better with this guy in charge, but from a selfish point of view at least our English players will remain nice and fresh.
England manager Roy Hodgson says Jonjo Shelvey is still on the radar despite no on 11:05 - Sep 3 with 1098 viewsJack_Daniels

When I hear Hodgson speak I struggle to think of a manager who could possibly motivate me less.
England manager Roy Hodgson says Jonjo Shelvey is still on the radar despite no on 11:05 - Sep 3 with 1098 viewsJohnw102

England manager Roy Hodgson says Jonjo Shelvey is still on the radar despite no on 10:13 - Sep 3 by dobjack2

Because nobody in their right mind would want the job.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

England manager Roy Hodgson says Jonjo Shelvey is still on the radar despite no on 11:57 - Sep 3 with 1041 viewsLiberty

England manager Roy Hodgson says Jonjo Shelvey is still on the radar despite no on 11:05 - Sep 3 by Johnw102

Because nobody in their right mind would want the job.

Is the wrong answer.

There would be lots of managers who would want to manage England, salary not bad either.

Could be Monk one day if he keeps this up.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

England manager Roy Hodgson says Jonjo Shelvey is still on the radar despite no on 12:04 - Sep 3 with 1021 viewsJethroJack

It's because the penny has at long last dropped in the English media that England have a very average bunch of players.......and whoever's the manager, they can't turn "sows ears into silk purses".

That's why Roy's getting an easy ride.
Login to get fewer ads

England manager Roy Hodgson says Jonjo Shelvey is still on the radar despite no on 12:25 - Sep 3 with 975 viewsscottishjack

England manager Roy Hodgson says Jonjo Shelvey is still on the radar despite no on 12:04 - Sep 3 by JethroJack

It's because the penny has at long last dropped in the English media that England have a very average bunch of players.......and whoever's the manager, they can't turn "sows ears into silk purses".

That's why Roy's getting an easy ride.

And because he picks the team that the media tell him to pick?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024