Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
God we really need a defensive midfielder. 20:03 - Sep 13 with 3522 viewsMyFinalHeaven

If this Chelsea game proved anything, its that we need a decent DM. We're so vulnerable in that area it's not even funny. I don't know how much longer we can go on like this.

What makes this so much more infuriating is how we tried to sign either Stambouli, Cork, Cigarini, or Yeltsin Tejeda in the last transfer window and in the end, we couldn't get any of them.

Come on you Swans.

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 08:27 - Sep 15 with 775 viewsJackSomething

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 04:54 - Sep 15 by jackedup

But the fact is that Swansea were outplayed in the second halves of 3 of those 4 matches. They were hanging on for dear life against Burnley.

I rarely saw the same kind of meltdowns during the Laudrup era, even when they had Europa to deal with. Everton at home and Liverpool away were bad, but in both of those cases, they never really had the upper hand.

We saw this same sort of meltdown a few times under Monk last season -- Crystal Palace was the most noteworthy.

It seems to me that the staff don't have the expertise the top teams do when it comes to physical conditioning. I don't know why Monk seems to think he doesn't need a dedicated conditioning coach, because he definitelly does.

We were not outplayed in the second half at Old Trafford or at home to WBA. Burnley and Chelsea yes, but we still won one of those games and the other was against probably the best team in the division.

So you think the 1-1 draw at home to Crystal Palace was a worse performance than the 3-0 defeat to Everton or the 5-0 defeat to Liverpool? I'll have some of what you're smoking.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 09:11 - Sep 15 with 739 viewsjacksinceever

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 20:24 - Sep 13 by SS2013

We lost 4-2 to the future champions! That game is hardly anything to go on matey

Indeed. If we had lost to Rotherham, Burnley & WBA then this board would be in meltdown and much of it would be right.
We could easily have come away from Chelsea with a result based on the opening half - there won't be many teams who'll say that this season.
We are already a quarter of the way to safety, third in the PL and have a cracking third v fourth game to look forward to on Saturday.
Really makes me wonder if people like the OP watched us just a few years ago, when we were dreading trips to the likes of Rushden, Rotherham etc etc.
Wake up and smell the coffee - it doesn't get any better than this guys !
God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 09:17 - Sep 15 with 732 viewscontroversial_jack

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 04:54 - Sep 15 by jackedup

But the fact is that Swansea were outplayed in the second halves of 3 of those 4 matches. They were hanging on for dear life against Burnley.

I rarely saw the same kind of meltdowns during the Laudrup era, even when they had Europa to deal with. Everton at home and Liverpool away were bad, but in both of those cases, they never really had the upper hand.

We saw this same sort of meltdown a few times under Monk last season -- Crystal Palace was the most noteworthy.

It seems to me that the staff don't have the expertise the top teams do when it comes to physical conditioning. I don't know why Monk seems to think he doesn't need a dedicated conditioning coach, because he definitelly does.

What nonsense! We weren't hanging on for dear life against Burnley, they hardly troubled us and until yesterday our defence had only conceded 1 goal in the last 4 games.
God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 09:25 - Sep 15 with 727 viewsjacksinceever

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 09:17 - Sep 15 by controversial_jack

What nonsense! We weren't hanging on for dear life against Burnley, they hardly troubled us and until yesterday our defence had only conceded 1 goal in the last 4 games.

I think Burnley had one shot on goal in 90 mins?
Chelsea in fairness had loads of chances and scored four. They scored six two weeks ago against Everton who on paper should be a better side than us.
God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 21:10 - Sep 15 with 602 viewsJJ08

Conceded 1 goal in the first 3 games yet we are defensively shite. Get a grip ffs have any of you's ever played football. Oh and dyss. You have proved your knowledge of football is limited at best. Your hatred of of shelvey though is legendary.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024