Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sandy lane 17:02 - Oct 4 with 5042 viewsNR_Dale

Whatever a player does in a game I can't condone the 2 "dale" fans spitting at Turnbull after the game in sandy. Just total scumbags
Sandy lane on 17:07 - Oct 4 with 5005 viewsRotherhamDale

One of them got him as well. Scrawny little chav.

Possession with progression.

Sandy lane on 17:16 - Oct 4 with 4936 viewsrochdale1987

I was stood confronting the keeper when the guy who spat ran and used my shoulder as an arm rest and spat at him from right next to me, he had long dark hair and a dale top on, I quickly turned to confront him however he'd soon run off, unacceptable
[Post edited 4 Oct 2014 17:16]
Sandy lane on 19:10 - Oct 4 with 4659 viewsrod_leach

Sandy lane on 17:16 - Oct 4 by rochdale1987

I was stood confronting the keeper when the guy who spat ran and used my shoulder as an arm rest and spat at him from right next to me, he had long dark hair and a dale top on, I quickly turned to confront him however he'd soon run off, unacceptable
[Post edited 4 Oct 2014 17:16]

Confronting the keeper? Grow up FFS. He did what he did, his team won, the ref is in charge, get over it.
Sandy lane on 22:03 - Oct 4 with 4331 viewsDaleaholic

Sandy lane on 19:10 - Oct 4 by rod_leach

Confronting the keeper? Grow up FFS. He did what he did, his team won, the ref is in charge, get over it.

Pretty sure he means confront the lad who spat....

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Sandy lane on 22:18 - Oct 4 with 4276 viewsBiggusDickus6969

I think you are all wrong and need to 420 blaze it.
Sandy lane on 23:00 - Oct 4 with 4185 viewsRosun

You won't see a more top quality keeper at Spotland this season than Ross Turnbull. He even had the crack with one bloke in the Pearl St. stand before one of his extended goal kicks. The Chelsea reject chants just seemed to fire him up. Middlesbrough reject would have been more cutting.

Hope the knob heads who physically abused him get exposed and are told that their presence is no longer required.
Sandy lane on 23:26 - Oct 4 with 4143 viewsWhiteyBFC

He's a top keeper, level headed, and if you think a bit of needle from 20 or so Dale fans is going to bother a lad who has a Champions League medal, well, you're daft.

The idiots mentioned in this thread are exactly that. Sad individuals.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Or officials in this case.

Because I agree, he was timewasting.
Sandy lane on 23:46 - Oct 4 with 4107 viewsD_Alien

Sandy lane on 23:26 - Oct 4 by WhiteyBFC

He's a top keeper, level headed, and if you think a bit of needle from 20 or so Dale fans is going to bother a lad who has a Champions League medal, well, you're daft.

The idiots mentioned in this thread are exactly that. Sad individuals.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Or officials in this case.

Because I agree, he was timewasting.

The bloke in the TDS who kept shouting "Chelsea reject" should have had his brain put back in, because someone must have taken it out. Really irritating, and I doubt he's having such a scintillating career himself.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Sandy lane on 23:56 - Oct 4 with 4085 viewsWhiteyBFC

Sandy lane on 23:46 - Oct 4 by D_Alien

The bloke in the TDS who kept shouting "Chelsea reject" should have had his brain put back in, because someone must have taken it out. Really irritating, and I doubt he's having such a scintillating career himself.

Not a dig this, but we didn't hear a peep from you. And, this Turnbull thing hasn't been mentioned anywhere but on here. Nobody at the club knows about it, because I spoke with the CEO after the game at the train station.

See my thread just created, regards an apologetic Dale fan. I'm baffled.
Sandy lane on 01:03 - Oct 5 with 4003 viewsPDIDDY

Sandy lane on 23:56 - Oct 4 by WhiteyBFC

Not a dig this, but we didn't hear a peep from you. And, this Turnbull thing hasn't been mentioned anywhere but on here. Nobody at the club knows about it, because I spoke with the CEO after the game at the train station.

You're amazing

Gissa job

Sandy lane on 01:25 - Oct 5 with 3984 viewsRotherhamDale

The moron spat right on to his arm as he collected his towel/bottle. He did it from just at the side of me, then ran off. It's a pity Turnbull didn't get hold of him.

Possession with progression.

Sandy lane on 09:35 - Oct 5 with 3809 viewsPale_Dale

Does your CEO not have a car or allowed to travel on the team coach? Surprised he was slumming it on the train.
Sandy lane on 20:21 - Oct 5 with 3523 viewsWhiteyBFC

Sandy lane on 09:35 - Oct 5 by Pale_Dale

Does your CEO not have a car or allowed to travel on the team coach? Surprised he was slumming it on the train.

No, he has a brand new hatchback. He spotted me as he drove past on my walk toward the train station. He shouted "Whitey", pulled in, got out and we had a chat.
Sandy lane on 12:31 - Oct 6 with 3312 viewsjudd

Sandy lane on 20:21 - Oct 5 by WhiteyBFC

No, he has a brand new hatchback. He spotted me as he drove past on my walk toward the train station. He shouted "Whitey", pulled in, got out and we had a chat.

Someone shouting "Whitey" near our train station? Blimey.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sandy lane on 13:19 - Oct 6 with 3207 viewsParkinsGimp

Turnbull was a complete A"se. Time wasting rat , but to spit on someone is well out of order.
Sandy lane on 15:41 - Oct 6 with 3140 viewsrod_leach

Sandy lane on 13:19 - Oct 6 by ParkinsGimp

Turnbull was a complete A"se. Time wasting rat , but to spit on someone is well out of order.

No he wasn't and he probably isn't. It was up to the ref to tell him to hurry up. If he had been taking it too far the ref would have booked him. Not in the same time wasting league as the entire Peterborough team.
The team were in the bottom four, they were up against a team that had been winning. Can't blame him. Blame the ref if anything. If you do, perhaps you could do it without resorting to name calling, though?
Sandy lane on 17:11 - Oct 6 with 3065 viewsNafelad

It would be interesting to know how many minutes of action/ball 'in play' there is in a game. I wouldn't be surprised if there's about 60/70 minutes on average, maybe less when we're playing against blatant 'time-wasting' teams (and there's been two or three already this season).
I agree that it's down to referees to recognise what's happening and be more concerned to 'keep the game moving' - although the majority of referees seem more intent on having conversations with players, when they've blown the whistle, and are guilty of time-wasting themselves.
We pay to watch 90 minutes of football - I reckon we're 'short-changed' in many matches.

Topcat

Sandy lane on 17:19 - Oct 6 with 3047 viewsD_Alien

Sandy lane on 17:11 - Oct 6 by Nafelad

It would be interesting to know how many minutes of action/ball 'in play' there is in a game. I wouldn't be surprised if there's about 60/70 minutes on average, maybe less when we're playing against blatant 'time-wasting' teams (and there's been two or three already this season).
I agree that it's down to referees to recognise what's happening and be more concerned to 'keep the game moving' - although the majority of referees seem more intent on having conversations with players, when they've blown the whistle, and are guilty of time-wasting themselves.
We pay to watch 90 minutes of football - I reckon we're 'short-changed' in many matches.

tbf there must be plenty of fans who've watched Dale games with 0 minutes of football before Hilly took over

On that basis, we're owed £thousands!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sandy lane on 17:48 - Oct 6 with 3016 viewsNafelad

Fair point!!

Topcat

Sandy lane on 00:12 - Oct 7 with 2838 viewsDaley_Lama

OK, Turnbill did nothing wrong, it's all the refs' fault.

When in the 3rd minute, the ball went dead for a goal-kick and Turnbill went outside of his area to discuss tactics with his full-back, the ref should have warned him.

When he did this constantly for every goal-kick, the ref should have warned him.

When he got the ball from one side of the net and walked to the other side of the net to take a goal-kick, the ref should have taken note. When he then reversed this to take the free-kick from the other side, the ref should have warned him.

When he constantly told the ball-boys to "leave it" which was ignored, he should have warned him

When he walked slower than humanly possible, the ref should have warned him.

When he stayed down with no injury, the ref should have warned him.

As it was, the ref did nothing until very late on in the game.

Time wasting doesn't apply at 0-0 it would appear, or in the first half.

It was fanastic wind up time wasting by Turnbill, annoying fans, slowing down our play, wasting time.

Still nothing compared to Posh on day one which was an orchestrated maelstrom of perefected gamesmanship, but not bad at all.

p.s. Spitting is disgusting, no player deserves anything like that from a fan. Dirty sod.

Poll: DF in or out

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024