Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System 15:56 - Oct 17 with 1022 viewssteve_g

We seem to produce lots of youngsters who get so far and yet never quite blow us or managers away sufficient enough to get a first team place. I realise instantly people will bring up the name of Harrison McGahey but I note he's no longer in the Blades starting XI.

Would be nice to one day produce a real star or will they all be down the M6 at the Manchester and Merseyside clubs?

Oh and the reason I wrote this was because Barkhuizen is off to Morecambe on loan!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 16:01 - Oct 17 with 1016 viewsFY4MIKEH

Thought Barks would have been given a try by Riga. Good luck to him at Morecambe.
Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 18:49 - Oct 17 with 977 viewsAlfHooker

Shown promise when he's been given a chance; pace to burn and direct.
Clearly though not in Rigas plans but interesting that Ollie who saw him for years has been chasing him.
I fear one day this lad will bite us on the @r$£.
Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 19:38 - Oct 17 with 964 viewsclarkestattoo

Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 18:49 - Oct 17 by AlfHooker

Shown promise when he's been given a chance; pace to burn and direct.
Clearly though not in Rigas plans but interesting that Ollie who saw him for years has been chasing him.
I fear one day this lad will bite us on the @r$£.

You never know until you give players a long run in a side and whenever I saw Tom I never really felt that he deserved that regular first team place. Agree he had pace to burn but little end product HOWEVER are Zoko and Delfouenso any better? The jury's out.

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 20:55 - Oct 17 with 945 viewsKOSBowlCut

Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 19:38 - Oct 17 by clarkestattoo

You never know until you give players a long run in a side and whenever I saw Tom I never really felt that he deserved that regular first team place. Agree he had pace to burn but little end product HOWEVER are Zoko and Delfouenso any better? The jury's out.

At least Tom signed unlike McGahey - he should have been rewarded for that at the very least with some game time at the start of the season.

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 13:19 - Oct 19 with 867 viewsterminallytangerine

Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 20:55 - Oct 17 by KOSBowlCut

At least Tom signed unlike McGahey - he should have been rewarded for that at the very least with some game time at the start of the season.

Bemused by Barkhuizen's omission from Riga's plans. His pace to burn is just what the squad needs. Another piece of Belgian blindness along with the shipping out of McGahey or is this also the chairman's fault. Genuine question.
Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 13:47 - Oct 19 with 857 viewsstraightatthewall

Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 13:19 - Oct 19 by terminallytangerine

Bemused by Barkhuizen's omission from Riga's plans. His pace to burn is just what the squad needs. Another piece of Belgian blindness along with the shipping out of McGahey or is this also the chairman's fault. Genuine question.

Tt,

Do you seriously believe the crap about hm leaving as riga didn't want him?

As mentioned many times, hm first turned down his lo-ball contract offer in April. When riga was manager of a totally different club.

Now, I don't know why tom b isn't in the squad, but i'd hazard a guess he's got the same 'issue' as grant, dunne, Davies and mckenzie. We're totally shit and yet certain players haven't played at all. Either the manager is a total fool or there's something a lot more complicated behind 'his' decision.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 14:01 - Oct 19 with 848 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 13:47 - Oct 19 by straightatthewall

Tt,

As mentioned many times, hm first turned down his lo-ball contract offer in April. When riga was manager of a totally different club.

Now, I don't know why tom b isn't in the squad, but i'd hazard a guess he's got the same 'issue' as grant, dunne, Davies and mckenzie. We're totally shit and yet certain players haven't played at all. Either the manager is a total fool or there's something a lot more complicated behind 'his' decision.

I'd agree that the continuing omission of TB seems odd. And if it IS simply because he's an inherited player rather than one brought in, then it doesn't really reflect well on Riga.

Having said that, Perkins is virtually a shoo-in every week, so I think there must be more to it than that.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 14:21 - Oct 19 with 839 viewsterminallytangerine

Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 13:47 - Oct 19 by straightatthewall

Tt,

Just posing the question SATW.

The same has been said about Crainey and Eagles but I'm not ITK so wondered if you or others were.
Login to get fewer ads

Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 14:53 - Oct 19 with 828 viewsAlfHooker

Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 14:01 - Oct 19 by basilrobbiereborn

I'd agree that the continuing omission of TB seems odd. And if it IS simply because he's an inherited player rather than one brought in, then it doesn't really reflect well on Riga.

Having said that, Perkins is virtually a shoo-in every week, so I think there must be more to it than that.

Riga isn't interested in Barks/Grant/Dunne/Mckenzie or Davies.
That is from someone deep inside the club.
Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 15:30 - Oct 19 with 823 viewsterminallytangerine

Barkhuizen - endemic of our Youth System on 14:53 - Oct 19 by AlfHooker

Riga isn't interested in Barks/Grant/Dunne/Mckenzie or Davies.
That is from someone deep inside the club.

But did the same apply to McGahey, our best prospect since Lambert (IMHO). SATW thinks not. I seriously don't know.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024