Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fao Phil Sumbler 16:45 - Oct 23 with 37084 viewsRancid

Is it true that the trust is preventing us from being taken over by an American consortium for 95 million? And the rest of the board want it to go through? I'm not expecting a straight answer btw but I've heard from a very good source at the club.
fao Phil Sumbler on 17:51 - Oct 26 with 2807 viewsUxbridge

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:45 - Oct 26 by westx

Which happened two years ago I think? So why would the official site be stating these figures were correct as of June 2014??

Yes, the official website is always bang up to date.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:53 - Oct 26 with 2803 viewsjackonicko

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:45 - Oct 26 by westx

Which happened two years ago I think? So why would the official site be stating these figures were correct as of June 2014??

The website has obviously not been updated. Shock!

The 30% rule referenced above is from the city takeover code. Unlikely to apply here as Swansea is not a PLC. It did apply to Arsenal as they had their shares listed on a very small, illiquid stock market (more junior than AIM - I think it was called OFEX?)
fao Phil Sumbler on 17:58 - Oct 26 with 2784 viewswestx

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:53 - Oct 26 by jackonicko

The 30% rule referenced above is from the city takeover code. Unlikely to apply here as Swansea is not a PLC. It did apply to Arsenal as they had their shares listed on a very small, illiquid stock market (more junior than AIM - I think it was called OFEX?)

The page linked to on the official site actually has a point of saying when it was updated which makes me wonder why

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

fao Phil Sumbler on 18:01 - Oct 26 with 2772 viewsjackonicko

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:58 - Oct 26 by westx

The page linked to on the official site actually has a point of saying when it was updated which makes me wonder why

Hopefully the Americans know not to rely on the Official Site when they're doing their due diligence :)
fao Phil Sumbler on 20:50 - Oct 26 with 2671 viewslondonlisa2001

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:53 - Oct 26 by jackonicko

again it's sometimes the case that this sort of clause exists in a shareholders' agreement in a private company (if someone makes an offer for over x% then they have to offer for the whole with 'x' being defined according to the agreement but often based on 30% to match the code for Plcs).
fao Phil Sumbler on 20:52 - Oct 26 with 2678 viewslondonlisa2001

fao Phil Sumbler on 18:01 - Oct 26 by jackonicko

Hopefully the Americans know not to rely on the Official Site when they're doing their due diligence :)

I'm not entirely certain that they even list the players correctly do they? They certainly didn't used to. It's been ages since I've looked at the official site. Last season I paid for the player feature on there, but since they started releasing everything on to you tube anyway it became pointless.
fao Phil Sumbler on 17:22 - Oct 28 with 2491 viewsDr_Winston

So the story changes again...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-confirm-e

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:36 - Oct 28 with 2448 viewslondonlisa2001

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:22 - Oct 28 by Dr_Winston

So the story changes again...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-confirm-e

drip, drip, drip ...

Uncanny how everytime there's a thread on here, some news is released.

In all seriousness though, it is difficult to see how the expansion / improvements in facilities / commercial activities can be completed without a drop in investment in the team unless they do bring in investment.
Login to get fewer ads

fao Phil Sumbler on 18:00 - Oct 28 with 2407 viewsDr_Winston

fao Phil Sumbler on 17:36 - Oct 28 by londonlisa2001

drip, drip, drip ...

Uncanny how everytime there's a thread on here, some news is released.

In all seriousness though, it is difficult to see how the expansion / improvements in facilities / commercial activities can be completed without a drop in investment in the team unless they do bring in investment.

It could be argued that the drop in investment in the team came this summer. A net spend of around £10m when the TV deal alone rose £20m should leave some cash in reserve, even taking the lump sums Gomis and Fabianski would have received into account.

We're being softened up for a full or partial takeover. That much now seems obvious.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

fao Phil Sumbler on 18:11 - Oct 28 with 2381 viewslondonlisa2001

fao Phil Sumbler on 18:00 - Oct 28 by Dr_Winston

It could be argued that the drop in investment in the team came this summer. A net spend of around £10m when the TV deal alone rose £20m should leave some cash in reserve, even taking the lump sums Gomis and Fabianski would have received into account.

We're being softened up for a full or partial takeover. That much now seems obvious.

I'm not sure about the first bit (in numbers rather than sentiment) - I agree that we appeared to spend less than I would have imagined we would, and structure deals to save cash flow.

I also agree on the second bit. It may come in stages, but there are certainly moves afoot to change the current structure.
fao Phil Sumbler on 18:35 - Oct 28 with 2332 viewsGram2086

We are now approaching the point at which the Club's saviours cash in their chips and we complete the decline (which started when they awarded themselves large salaries and dividends) from a community club into a foreign owned investment.

No wonder they won't reduce the ticket prices. Nothing to do with competitiveness with other clubs. Everything to do with being an attractive product and maximizing their return from the sale of their shares.
fao Phil Sumbler on 19:02 - Oct 28 with 2271 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I am prepared to keep an open mind to someone selling their shares, it's their money after all, but a shares issue/dilution I would consider almost certainly to be a move to weaken the Trust.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

fao Phil Sumbler on 20:59 - Oct 28 with 2166 viewsmonmouth

I simply can't get away from the perspective that any external 'investor', whether minority or otherwise, will only do so to get something out. There is no way in my head that I can see any longer term benefit for OUR club.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

fao Phil Sumbler on 00:27 - Oct 29 with 2066 viewsTNT

fao Phil Sumbler on 20:59 - Oct 28 by monmouth

I simply can't get away from the perspective that any external 'investor', whether minority or otherwise, will only do so to get something out. There is no way in my head that I can see any longer term benefit for OUR club.

Agree.

Also, a Swans fan I spoke to before the Leicester game believes, 'American investors only work in quarters. They wouldn't be here for the long haul.'

After the Petty, Lewis, Thompson, Cullis experiences, everyone should be very wary. Even Dwight is suddenly supporting the current board!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 0:36]

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

fao Phil Sumbler on 06:41 - Oct 29 with 2013 viewsDr_Winston

fao Phil Sumbler on 00:27 - Oct 29 by TNT

Agree.

Also, a Swans fan I spoke to before the Leicester game believes, 'American investors only work in quarters. They wouldn't be here for the long haul.'

After the Petty, Lewis, Thompson, Cullis experiences, everyone should be very wary. Even Dwight is suddenly supporting the current board!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 0:36]

Warren Buffett, the most successful American investor in history definitely works in the long haul, so it's not that simple. The Gentleman rumoured to be interested retained ownership of his previous team for nearly 20 years, so I wouldn't automatically asssume that he's the profit and run type.

It's still a concern either way though.

fao Phil Sumbler on 13:15 - Oct 29 with 1908 viewsSwanzay

Trust Statement:-

The Swansea City Supporters Trust have responded to press speculation that there is a bid about to be placed that would see some of the club end up in American hands.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2014/10/29/trust-statement-on-press-reports/
fao Phil Sumbler on 13:41 - Oct 29 with 1870 viewsGram2086

fao Phil Sumbler on 13:15 - Oct 29 by Swanzay

Trust Statement:-

The Swansea City Supporters Trust have responded to press speculation that there is a bid about to be placed that would see some of the club end up in American hands.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2014/10/29/trust-statement-on-press-reports/

Absolutely spot on. This is a model of the way the Trust should represent its members interests. Well done to all concerned.
fao Phil Sumbler on 13:48 - Oct 29 with 1861 viewsStarsky

fao Phil Sumbler on 13:41 - Oct 29 by Gram2086

Absolutely spot on. This is a model of the way the Trust should represent its members interests. Well done to all concerned.

At last.
Excellent statement.

It's just the internet, init.

fao Phil Sumbler on 14:52 - Oct 29 with 1804 viewshammy

I suppose things will become clearer once it is understood who is looking to sell shares. The current Director / Shareholders, the club via an increase in the shares available (i.e., dilution of existing shares), a combination of the two or something else (e.g., commercial opportunity a la Mr SportsDirect.com or further sponsorship). I would be on side with a serious cash injection (e.g., £100M) if the activities of those investing could be curtailed e.g., (via contract agreements).We are a profitable entity in a business where clubs rarely make profit (and usually serious losses) and are therefore in a very strong position to negotiate a deal. It would be remiss of the current board not to be reviewing all options.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:48 - Oct 29 with 1672 viewswestx

fao Phil Sumbler on 13:48 - Oct 29 by Starsky

At last.
Excellent statement.

Definitely so well done to the trust on this one. interesting times ahead but comforted that there is no desire from them to sell

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

fao Phil Sumbler on 00:01 - Oct 30 with 1601 viewsbermudajack

fao Phil Sumbler on 21:48 - Oct 29 by westx

Definitely so well done to the trust on this one. interesting times ahead but comforted that there is no desire from them to sell

In Phil & the board we Trust👍👍👍

I think the Trust have done us proud yet again 😄 absolutely the right decision👍

Give the Trust a 21% guaranteed ownership...

I fear this is just the beginning of another turbulent period for us...

Stay strong people... Remember the past 😳😳😳

We'll always be here 😎😎😎

Poll: Priority for new manager?

fao Phil Sumbler on 00:10 - Oct 30 with 1595 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Seems Phil has gone into ground - probably airing out the Trust bunker and checking the sell by dates on the supplies.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

fao Phil Sumbler on 00:17 - Oct 30 with 1581 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

fao Phil Sumbler on 06:41 - Oct 29 by Dr_Winston

Warren Buffett, the most successful American investor in history definitely works in the long haul, so it's not that simple. The Gentleman rumoured to be interested retained ownership of his previous team for nearly 20 years, so I wouldn't automatically asssume that he's the profit and run type.

It's still a concern either way though.

Who's the guy that's showing all the interest?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

fao Phil Sumbler on 18:22 - Nov 5 with 1397 views_

fao Phil Sumbler on 20:58 - Oct 23 by outtolunch

You would be close if i was a he and i make no excuse that i knew him from years back. I am merely pointing out that we assume that some stakeholders have an agenda . There is no reason why we shouldnt also assume that there are agendas at trust board level as well. It would be dangerous if we didnt. There are positions to protect. That is the financial playground our club now find itself in and we are deluded if we think differently.

This was an interesting post from a couple of weeks ago in a very interesting thread actually.

Outolunch, who is believed to be Leigh Dineen (although denied by the poster him/herself) stated that we were assuming there were shareholders with an agenda but also went onto allude that due to "positions that needed to be protected" there is no reason why we shouldn't also assume there are agendas at Trust board level?

It's a pretty weird thing to say, isn't it? Anyone have some kimd of idea what it means?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

fao Phil Sumbler on 18:45 - Nov 5 with 1345 viewsUxbridge

fao Phil Sumbler on 18:22 - Nov 5 by _

This was an interesting post from a couple of weeks ago in a very interesting thread actually.

Outolunch, who is believed to be Leigh Dineen (although denied by the poster him/herself) stated that we were assuming there were shareholders with an agenda but also went onto allude that due to "positions that needed to be protected" there is no reason why we shouldn't also assume there are agendas at Trust board level?

It's a pretty weird thing to say, isn't it? Anyone have some kimd of idea what it means?

Reads to me like a classic deflection technique. If this gets dirty, expect a lot more of this sort of thing.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024