Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman 22:57 - Oct 25 with 3006 viewsthomasJack

The Premier League have been urged by one of their own clubs to take the lead on slashing ticket prices for hard-up supporters by encouraging every top-flight team to reduce admission fees.

Swansea vice-chairman Leigh Dineen said he would like to cut huge amounts off all ticket prices for City’s fans, including season tickets, and believes other clubs could do the same due to the £5.5billion of TV riches pouring into the Premier League in the current three-year TV deal ‘cycle’.

But he says if Swansea - a family-friendly club co-owned by fans - go it alone on price reductions, they would put themselves at a competitive disadvantage.
Dineen said: ‘We’d love to substantially decrease ticket prices for all of our fans but we’d be less competitive. It could only happen if all Premier League clubs agreed to the same reductions. The German model with low ticket prices is great and something we could look towards in our league.’

He said the Premier League should have taken a lead on the issue when the TV deal was announced.

‘The Premier League missed a trick on this issue,’ he said. ‘They could have announced that all clubs would be required to make reductions for away fans carte blanche. Instead, it’s been left to the clubs to try to strike reciprocal deals.

'We approached all the clubs last year and got nowhere. Since then we’ve managed to strike reciprocal deals with six or seven clubs including Newcastle, Sunderland, Aston Villa and West Brom, with others coming forward. But if the Premier League had taken the lead, we wouldn’t have had to spend so much time trying to generate interest for the benefit of our fans.’

Kevin Miles, chief executive of the Football Supporters’ Federation suggested Premier League crowds could soon ‘die out’ if ticket prices continued to rise because young fans were being priced out.

This year, supporters will pay an average of £526 for their club’s lowest priced adult season ticket, a rise of 6.5 per cent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2807889/Premier-League-urged-slash-tick

Poll: Next signing

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 07:38 - Oct 26 with 2083 viewsmonmouth

Actions count Mr D, not words. To say we can't 'go it alone' when we are more expensive than others could be seen by someone more cynical than I as disingenuous self publicity.

Still better to say it than not say it........but again someone more cynical might say that taking 2 million out of the club in dividends (which I've no problem with per se) makes us less competitive eh? You didn't seem to mention that?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 08:55 - Oct 26 with 2003 viewswestx

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 07:38 - Oct 26 by monmouth

Actions count Mr D, not words. To say we can't 'go it alone' when we are more expensive than others could be seen by someone more cynical than I as disingenuous self publicity.

Still better to say it than not say it........but again someone more cynical might say that taking 2 million out of the club in dividends (which I've no problem with per se) makes us less competitive eh? You didn't seem to mention that?

Spot on and if Dineen wanted to do this he could

We only sell around 4000 tickets to fans per game so a reduction would reduce income by £400k per game if it was a£10 reduction

That's £760k per year - less than the dividends they award themselves

It could be done but the greedy commercial director clearly doesn't want to

Nice PR but meaningless words from the guy who wants to sell up

So director doesn't want to

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 09:01 - Oct 26 with 1980 viewsDr_Winston

Yes, we'd be able to declare profits around £2m a year lower than anyone else. How terrible.

Cut the prices Dineen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 09:07 - Oct 26 with 1959 viewsJackhero

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 08:55 - Oct 26 by westx

We only sell around 4000 tickets to fans per game so a reduction would reduce income by £400k per game if it was a£10 reduction

Just some quick maths off the top of my head, reducing 16,000 season tickets by £100 a year is only £1.6 million too. We spunked more away on Lita!

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 09:21 - Oct 26 with 1919 viewswestx

Good point even if it was a£50 reduction on ST and £10 per game it's not massive if you stopped the dividends

Call me cynical but this article reads of someone trying to make themselves popular just as he is trying to cash in on his (late) investment in the club

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 10:51 - Oct 26 with 1830 viewsDyfnant

Decent points made in this thread, no way any will bare fruit though unfortunately.
I'd like to see the club gaurantee cup match prices at £10 a ticket, no concessions.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 12:16 - Oct 26 with 1735 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It's not the Season Tickets which are unreasonably priced, it is our match day tickets. They are absolutely scandalous and that article is so hypocritical it is mind boggling considering he is the commercial director and in charge of setting ticket prices of Swansea City, who many refer to as 'The Welsh Wigan', who have the 5th* highest 'cheapest' matchday ticket prices in the United Kingdom.

*5th as of last time I checked.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 12:44 - Oct 26 with 1698 viewsjojaca

If i took my family of five (wish i could do) it would cost me £122.50 per match. But for the big games it would cost £157.50 per match. Full timer on minimum wage only earns about £234 a week. The replica shirts are also rip off, if you want badges and names on back etc, plus the items in club shop are not exactly cheap. Something will give in the next few years like the example of Man City playing in half full stadiums in the champions league a couple of weeks back.

Even when you know, you never know?

Login to get fewer ads

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 12:48 - Oct 26 with 1679 viewshobo

I've been saying for a while now that tickets for Category A games should be a maximum of £25. I think ticket prices are linked to lack of atmosphere at Premier League games too - the more people pay for a ticket = the more they expect to be entertained. £15-£25 for league games and £10 - £20 for cup games would be perfect all round imo.
Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 13:07 - Oct 26 with 1643 viewsJBT95

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 12:48 - Oct 26 by hobo

I've been saying for a while now that tickets for Category A games should be a maximum of £25. I think ticket prices are linked to lack of atmosphere at Premier League games too - the more people pay for a ticket = the more they expect to be entertained. £15-£25 for league games and £10 - £20 for cup games would be perfect all round imo.

£25! Having a laugh!

I think Cat A £35 Cat B £28-30 would be a fair deal. Concessions half price.
Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 14:11 - Oct 26 with 1565 viewsGram2086

Empty words, self serving bullshit. There's absolutely no reason why Swans couldn't reduce ticket prices as would be consistent with the contention they are a community club. Our community is comparatively poor yet we charge high ticket prices. Our competitiveness as measured against other clubs would not be affected one jot by reducing prices by £20 per adult ticket.

We now need the Trust to come out publicly on behalf of its members and demand a reduction and to orchestrate a campaign . That's what Trust members want. That's the mandate. Why are they silent on the matter?
Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 14:22 - Oct 26 with 1540 viewsDr_Winston

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 14:11 - Oct 26 by Gram2086

Empty words, self serving bullshit. There's absolutely no reason why Swans couldn't reduce ticket prices as would be consistent with the contention they are a community club. Our community is comparatively poor yet we charge high ticket prices. Our competitiveness as measured against other clubs would not be affected one jot by reducing prices by £20 per adult ticket.

We now need the Trust to come out publicly on behalf of its members and demand a reduction and to orchestrate a campaign . That's what Trust members want. That's the mandate. Why are they silent on the matter?

Well said.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 14:29 - Oct 26 with 1529 viewsjacksinceever

The truth of it is that for the majority of fans who pay £430 a year (I know some pay more but also many pay less), it represents good value to see quality, Premier League football.
Especially bearing in mind that the cost of Championship football was very similar.
I appreciate that the match day tickets could be lower, but as the stadium is sold out every week, is there any need to?
The cost of away travel & tickets should certainly be greatly reduced though.
One thing I don't get is how some equate lower cost to a better atmosphere?
Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 15:16 - Oct 26 with 1492 viewsChief

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 14:29 - Oct 26 by jacksinceever

The truth of it is that for the majority of fans who pay £430 a year (I know some pay more but also many pay less), it represents good value to see quality, Premier League football.
Especially bearing in mind that the cost of Championship football was very similar.
I appreciate that the match day tickets could be lower, but as the stadium is sold out every week, is there any need to?
The cost of away travel & tickets should certainly be greatly reduced though.
One thing I don't get is how some equate lower cost to a better atmosphere?

the likelihood is that noisier and make militant fans are more likely to buy cheaper tickets that expensive ones.

lower tickets = more riff raff = better atmosphere.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 15:22 - Oct 26 with 1480 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 08:55 - Oct 26 by westx

There's a "north and south" on him . Stop charging our non ST holders so much then

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:12 - Oct 26 with 1382 viewsdgt73

The £429 i pay per season is great value and would be more than happy to see an increase in line with inflation for next season.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:15 - Oct 26 with 1369 viewsdgt73

What school did you go to.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 17:15]

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:18 - Oct 26 with 1348 viewswestx

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:15 - Oct 26 by dgt73

What school did you go to.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 17:15]

Oh my god I made a typo and put £400k instead of £40k but you seem to have missed the point of the thread

Or are you just too stupid to make a proper response?

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:26 - Oct 26 with 1316 viewsdgt73

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:18 - Oct 26 by westx

Oh my god I made a typo and put £400k instead of £40k but you seem to have missed the point of the thread

Or are you just too stupid to make a proper response?

As our vice-chairman said unilateral action is not possible as it would put the club at an even bigger financial disadvantage than we have at the moment. So until we have all the premier league clubs speaking with one voice ( in regard of prices ) I'd like to see prices increase in line with inflation, so that the club does not get left behind.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 17:29]

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:31 - Oct 26 with 1301 viewswestx

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:26 - Oct 26 by dgt73

As our vice-chairman said unilateral action is not possible as it would put the club at an even bigger financial disadvantage than we have at the moment. So until we have all the premier league clubs speaking with one voice ( in regard of prices ) I'd like to see prices increase in line with inflation, so that the club does not get left behind.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 17:29]

So despite the fact it has been stated that we could get £10 off the ticket price for less than the dividends they award themselves you believe it is ticket prices that have us at a financial disadvantage

Are you still maintaining your belief that Mr Van Zweden will not sell his shares?

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:31 - Oct 26 with 1301 viewsUxbridge

Good to hear our vice chairman share these views. I look forward to seeing the fruits of this viewpoint.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:39 - Oct 26 with 1281 viewsdgt73

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:31 - Oct 26 by westx

So despite the fact it has been stated that we could get £10 off the ticket price for less than the dividends they award themselves you believe it is ticket prices that have us at a financial disadvantage

Are you still maintaining your belief that Mr Van Zweden will not sell his shares?

As for mr VZ that is what he told me and i have no reason to disbelieve him (in saying that everyone and everything has a price) i actually saw him today in costa coffee in Swansea city centre, with a Swans top on, maybe i should have asked him again. As for the dividends, this gets paid to the people who own the club, it's called business and is not a new phenomena.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 19:13]

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:46 - Oct 26 with 1258 viewswestx

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:39 - Oct 26 by dgt73

As for mr VZ that is what he told me and i have no reason to disbelieve him (in saying that everyone and everything has a price) i actually saw him today in costa coffee in Swansea city centre, with a Swans top on, maybe i should have asked him again. As for the dividends, this gets paid to the people who own the club, it's called business and is not a new phenomena.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 19:13]

OK then I assume you are happy with our fans having to pay more to keep us competitive whilst the person that says he wants us to be competitive is raking in £50k per year in a dividend on top of his six figure salary

Strange but everyone is entitled to an opinion

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:50 - Oct 26 with 1247 viewsdgt73

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:46 - Oct 26 by westx

OK then I assume you are happy with our fans having to pay more to keep us competitive whilst the person that says he wants us to be competitive is raking in £50k per year in a dividend on top of his six figure salary

That's business for you....and SCFC is doing real well as a football club and as a business and i have absolutely nothing against rewarding success.

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:55 - Oct 26 with 1233 viewsdgt73

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:46 - Oct 26 by westx

There does seem to be some envy directed towards our board of directors, do you think this is the case and if so why.?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024