Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! 11:10 - Nov 10 with 5298 viewstangerinedom

Here's mine .. and for good reason!!

A man who suffered a broken neck in a freak incident while riding the Grand National rollercoaster at Blackpool Pleasure Beach has been told he will remain paralysed from the neck down.

Robert Sycamore, 55, suffered the freak injury after going on the ride at the fun park while visiting Blackpool with his family from Ipswich.

His devastated family said he had taken his great-nephew on their first ride of the day at the park last month.

But he was unable to get out of the train and had to be cut free by firefighters.

He underwent a 12-hour life-saving operation at Royal Preston Hospital to restore his breathing and circulation.

Doctors had said there was just a five per cent chance he would make it through the 
vital procedure.

But his nephew has said doctors have told the family his situation will not improve any further.

Darren Parlour, said: “He is still in ICU and his situation is just the same.

“There has been no change but he is stable at least.

“It’s terrible really.

“He is only 55 so he is not an old guy.

“We have already had the long-term diagnosis, he is paralysed from the neck down and that is not going to change.

“He is likely to stay in hospital until at least Christmas and then he will be moved to a rehabilitation centre.”

The family says it is still unclear how he came to break his neck, although the Pleasure Beach has said there were no faults on the famous and 
historic ride.

Mr Sycamore is known to have suffered from spondylitis, an inflammation of the vertebrae in the back.

A spokesman for the Health and Safety Executive said: “This incident was reported by the Pleasure Beach. There is an ongoing investigation and inspectors have been to the park.”
Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 11:33 - Nov 10 with 5295 viewsthebigone

Been a death trap for years that thing.

Poll: After the articles - Who do you blame?

Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 12:52 - Nov 10 with 5272 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 11:33 - Nov 10 by thebigone

Been a death trap for years that thing.

I haven't been on the Pleasure Beach since I was about seven.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 13:15 - Nov 10 with 5261 viewsWizaard

I'd go on the Grand National every time. Great ride.

As you go on, it says give it a miss if you have any ongoing health issues. He was a long standing sufferer with spondylitis. No sympathy whatsoever.

Harsh, but true
Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 13:34 - Nov 10 with 5251 viewstde74

The Wild Mouse was infamous when I was a kid as the dangerous ride. I've been to the PB dozens of times over the years and never went on it. It can't have been as bad as the old Fun House - I used to love it in there.
Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 16:42 - Nov 10 with 5201 viewsHarryHorse

Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 13:34 - Nov 10 by tde74

The Wild Mouse was infamous when I was a kid as the dangerous ride. I've been to the PB dozens of times over the years and never went on it. It can't have been as bad as the old Fun House - I used to love it in there.

Remember the Wild Mouse , they also had one at Morecambe and that scared the 5hit out of me as it felt so unsafe . I think one of the trolleys came off going round a bend a couple of years later
Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 16:56 - Nov 10 with 5198 viewsjanegallagher

Wild mouse. .........avoid.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 17:00 - Nov 10 with 5193 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 16:56 - Nov 10 by janegallagher

Wild mouse. .........avoid.

Never went in after it became pay on the gate

Never went on:-

Big Dipper
Pepsi Max
Wild Mouse
That Bobsleigh thing
The new thing that replaced the Log Flume

Pretty much hate roller coasters anyway!!!!

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 21:40 - Nov 10 with 5166 viewsribble

Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 17:00 - Nov 10 by KhonKaenSeasider

Never went in after it became pay on the gate

Never went on:-

Big Dipper
Pepsi Max
Wild Mouse
That Bobsleigh thing
The new thing that replaced the Log Flume

Pretty much hate roller coasters anyway!!!!

I've never been on any rides on the Pleasure Beach. Back in the 70's, seeing the whole place rust up over the winter months put me off for good.
Login to get fewer ads

Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 08:54 - Nov 11 with 5121 viewsWindyMiller

Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 21:40 - Nov 10 by ribble

I've never been on any rides on the Pleasure Beach. Back in the 70's, seeing the whole place rust up over the winter months put me off for good.

I'd be interested to know visitor numbers for the Pleasure Beach before and after they made it pay only to go around it. Has killed it as far as I can see - took the kids the other week and it was like a Ghost Town in the middle of the lights season. Sad state of affairs. They just got greedy and I reckon could be paying the price. Imagine if that closed down as well as the airport?!

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 13:36 - Nov 11 with 5101 viewscrewcut

The Starship Enterprise.

You had no business going on that if you were prone to dizzy spells or had spent some hours afore the ride getting tanked up.
Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 19:00 - Nov 11 with 5074 viewsOverWired

Amanda J Thompson OBE
Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 12:53 - Nov 19 with 5020 viewsLala

Pleasure Beach rides you'd avoid! on 19:00 - Nov 11 by OverWired

Amanda J Thompson OBE

All of them - I hate the place.

I dread my youngest daughter going, as she does once or twice a year. My eldest hates it like me now.

Russian Roulette some of them there rides.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024